Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

RAF abused in the street

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2008, 02:54 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAF abused in the street

It would appear the inhabitants of this fair isle have sunk to new lows of ignorance and downright despicable behaviour. The commanding officer at RAF Wittering has advised his staff not to wear any clothing identifying them as military personnel when out in Peterborough as members of the public have been abusing them in the streets. Peterborough has a reputation as a cesspit in these parts but even so I feel really angry about this. The military do not make the political decisions such as going to war, the government do, and soldiers potentially risk their lives for little monetary reward. Their reward is a feeling of comradeship, of serving Queen and country, and I can appreciate how important it would be to each soldier to feel their efforts are supported by the people that they are fighting for. I understand that support for the war in Iraq is mixed (I for one feel we were duped by this government) but the military are just following orders. If somebody needs abusing in the street, then surely Brown and his cronies are a far more appropriate target? Needless to say, Brown has condemned this abuse without any reference to the fact the without him and his mates it probably wouldn't be happening in the first place.
It would be interesting to get the abusers under the spotlight. What's the betting they are primarily:
a) Useless scroungers, financially supported in their uselessness by this welfare state
b) Naive college kids, life to date wrapped up in cotton wool thanks to this nanny state ("Oh I couldn't possibly flip burgers, I've got a degree in Media Studies you know, I think I'll just kick back at Hotel Mummy and wait till I'm head-hunted by Bill Gates")
c)Feckless schoolkids who always 'know their rights' and like their parents (who may be useless scroungers) have no respect for anything or anyone
d)Liberal do-gooders who, whilst living here and taking advantage of all the benefits that brings to their standard of life, bang on about everyone else's human/civil rights and do their best to undermine our way of life

It's a shame we don't still operate conscription around here. I'd like to take these abusers, stick a hard hat on them, and send them to Iraq or Afghanistan to be used as cannon fodder. If they survived perhaps they might learn something.
Kevin
Old 07 March 2008, 02:57 PM
Devils.Advocate
Scooby Regular

This is old news, this has been inforce for over a year
fuss over nothing as we don't wear our uniforms off base anyway
Old 07 March 2008, 03:02 PM
ruislip
Scooby Regular

im fully behind you on this one. what an apsolute joke. Then again peterbrough is known to be full of immigrants which is probably where these comments have come from.

p.s 250,000 white decent english people left this country last year
400,000 immigrants came in (most of which will sponge of the state) great country huh??

Time to go to australia i think, hopefully take the scooby with me
Old 07 March 2008, 03:10 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c_maguire
It's a shame we don't still operate conscription around here. I'd like to take these abusers, stick a hard hat on them, and send them to Iraq or Afghanistan to be used as cannon fodder. If they survived perhaps they might learn something.
Kevin
Our own government is doing that quite nicely with people who volunteered to join the army.
It is despicable,as even though i disagree with the war, they are as you said obeying the orders of a bunch of *****.
Old 07 March 2008, 03:17 PM
ruislip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
Our own government is doing that quite nicely with people who volunteered to join the army.
It is despicable,as even though i disagree with the war, they are as you said obeying the orders of a bunch of *****.

Hang on a minute, when people join the army they have to fully expect to be deployed in a war if and when the government needs them. You cant join the army and then not fight. They have choices in life and they represent queen and country when fighting. If they wanted to stay at home then the soldiers should have got a job in tescos.

i fully back the war
Old 07 March 2008, 03:31 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ruislip
Hang on a minute, when people join the army they have to fully expect to be deployed in a war if and when the government needs them. You cant join the army and then not fight. They have choices in life and they represent queen and country when fighting. If they wanted to stay at home then the soldiers should have got a job in tescos.

i fully back the war
Nobodys saying that that people in the armed forces (like myself) join up and not expect to be deployed to a hostile area, ther're just saying that we shouldn't have to come home and get ****e off people for going, i didn't get asked, i was told i was going, and i went i didn't complain (much).
Old 07 March 2008, 03:32 PM
Devils.Advocate
Scooby Regular

this is political nonsense for the gutter press.
what other proffesionals do you see wearing their uniforms when not on duty
if anybody took the **** of my uniform they would know about it
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

i fully back the war
They also expect to be equipped properly which over the few years has made the headlines of body armour not being sent out at the correct time etc

i disagree with the war under the basis we've invaded countries that in Iraqs case had WMDs (which they didn't ) or Afghanistan (because they might be hiding someone).
I am for full backing of the soldiers doing their job (which they are)
BooSH
Scooby Regular

i fully back the war
Nobodys saying that that people in the armed forces (like myself) join up and not expect to be deployed to a hostile area, ther're just saying that we shouldn't have to come home and get ****e off people for going, i didn't get asked, i was told i was going, and i went, i didn't complain (much).
Old 07 March 2008, 03:41 PM
71/200
Scooby Regular

Im with ruislip on this, i served in both Gulf Wars and totally agree with it. Unfortunatly im at the end of my time and havnt had the chance to get out to Afghanistan! Wear your uniform with pride and if some minoritys dont like it then you know where the Airport is, you can use the money you have sponged off the state to pay for ticket!
Old 07 March 2008, 03:47 PM
71/200
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=myblackwrx;7713513]They also expect to be equipped properly which over the few years has made the headlines of body armour not being sent out at the correct time etc

Being a combat infantryman mate ive always had the correct kit to serve on the frontline! Something else the press got hold of and twisted, teeth arms always have the right kit for the job.
Dont listen to the press too much, most of the troops are happy with the kit but you cant please everybody all the time.
Old 07 March 2008, 03:56 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

If you don't have body armour your not even allowed on the jet out to the war zone so that rumour is a load of old tosh, not everyone gets the brand new gucci body armour but not everone needs it.
Old 07 March 2008, 04:18 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

im fully behind you on this one. what an apsolute joke. Then again peterbrough is known to be full of immigrants which is probably where these comments have come from.

400,000 immigrants came in (most of which will sponge of the state) great country huh??

dude there would'nt be a need for immigrants if the people who are already sponging off the rest of us got off their ***** and did some work! most of whom are called tracy,sharron,tom, dick or harry, which are fine anglo saxon names the reality of the situation is that people who are born here reguardless of their parentage think the state owes them somthing and why should they go to work when they can have a couple of kids and be given more money than their limited intalect will allow them to earn! and it was more than likley these people that were doing the abusing of the service men in question! and the "decent white english people" are one of the most mixed races of people on the planet!! you only have to look at our german queen married to a greek! and thats before you start looking any further back to the normans scandanavians romans norwiegens the list goes on to the beginning of time ! as for your gene pool it obviously comes from moronanian!
Old 07 March 2008, 04:21 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

what has this got to do with subarus??
Old 07 March 2008, 04:22 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

If you go to Aus you dont have to take the Scooby - you can get a Holden
Regards the scum - conscript them
Old 07 March 2008, 04:24 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
what has this got to do with subarus??
Sweet F A
Old 07 March 2008, 05:17 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.
Old 07 March 2008, 05:27 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Sweet F A
Don't read the thread then
Old 07 March 2008, 05:36 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=71/200;7713548]
Originally Posted by myblackwrx
They also expect to be equipped properly which over the few years has made the headlines of body armour not being sent out at the correct time etc

Being a combat infantryman mate ive always had the correct kit to serve on the frontline! Something else the press got hold of and twisted, teeth arms always have the right kit for the job.
Dont listen to the press too much, most of the troops are happy with the kit but you cant please everybody all the time.
that's fair enough as i only get to see the news
Old 07 March 2008, 05:41 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

You can put money on the "asian community*" being the main cause of the hassle - I've never had any problem on the very few occasions I've worn my uniform in predominantly white areas, so I think its a fair assumption to make.

*In this instance I'd rather call them something else, but I'll refrain.

And this is now the major reason I don't, and will not, wear my uniform in public. Old brownie boy can thank his stupid multi-cultural Britain for that now.

Last edited by Prasius; 07 March 2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07 March 2008, 05:41 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BooSH
Nobodys saying that that people in the armed forces (like myself) join up and not expect to be deployed to a hostile area, ther're just saying that we shouldn't have to come home and get ****e off people for going, i didn't get asked, i was told i was going, and i went, i didn't complain (much).

i spent 10 yrs in the army (green howards now 2nd yorkshire regiment) serving in kosovo 99, iraq 2003, afganistan 2004 and northern ireland. a few yrs ago i tried to move back to a town near bedford were my partner at the time was from and was told imigrants had more rights to housing than me and my family. as boosh says soldiers will have a moan and then get on with the job in hand to the best of there ability.

why should some ill educated halfwits start giving the armed forces sh-te .conscript them into the forces and maybe there opinion would change

just my opinion
Old 07 March 2008, 05:51 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

The Daily Mash - RAF TO BOMB PETERBOROUGH BACK TO STONE AGE
Old 07 March 2008, 05:52 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Old 07 March 2008, 06:03 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

i work in Peterborough and live close.i can tell that Peterborough is full of immigrants,chavs and pikeys and this sort of problem does not surprise me at all.one saturday afternoon i saw a group of about 8 chavs trying to abuse the RAF regiment who was there on recrutement drive in queens gate shopping mall. disgusting to see but the regiment gave as good as they got in a slagging match before the law turn up
Old 07 March 2008, 06:08 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd NOT bet on it being immigrants, I'd bet on it being SCUM, no matter where they are from, or what colour their skin.

Unfortunately, we live in an abuse ridden society, where abuse has been made into entertainment.

What can we expect then?

Alcazar
Old 07 March 2008, 07:27 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I'd NOT bet on it being immigrants, I'd bet on it being SCUM, no matter where they are from, or what colour their skin.

Unfortunately, we live in an abuse ridden society, where abuse has been made into entertainment.

What can we expect then?

Alcazar
Beat them to a pulp?
Old 07 March 2008, 07:28 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by BooSH
Don't read the thread then
Get you!
Old 07 March 2008, 07:31 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Its been more than 15 years since i was in the RAF section of the CCF (combine cadet force). Back then we were told not to wear our uniforms when in public, for exactly the same reason.

Even in groups we would cop a load of abuse from some people, and that was at an airshow.....nice...not.
Old 07 March 2008, 07:40 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Its been more than 15 years since i was in the RAF section of the CCF (combine cadet force). Back then we were told not to wear our uniforms when in public, for exactly the same reason.

Even in groups we would cop a load of abuse from some people, and that was at an airshow.....nice...not.
Sounds like an invasion, from within!! FFS!
Old 07 March 2008, 07:47 PM
rob878
Scooby Regular

I was trying to resist posting (and some would say i probably should). So i will keep this short.

After Gordys words about how he will come down hard on people disrespecting the military he has the perfect opportunity to act now.

Students ban the military | News

Though oddly I don't think we will see him do a thing.

Quick Reply: RAF abused in the street