Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do you think he deserved to be banged up?

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2008, 08:50 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think he deserved to be banged up?

Just out of interest I thought I'd ask sn'ers their opinion on this BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Motorist ran down knife attacker
Old 11 February 2008, 08:59 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Yeah, he go caught. Seriously, judges etc sitting in ivory towers with no notion of how they would respond themselves. Due to the fact that most likely they will never run into (pardon the pun) scum like this. This is why a balaclava should be in everyones wardrobe.
Old 11 February 2008, 09:07 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Resident came into trouble im afraid
Old 11 February 2008, 09:10 PM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

I think that in this case it's a bit different to how it's portrayed... as if you read the article carefully it seems that, initially, the 22yr old ne'er-do-well pulled out a baton and a knife and smashed one of the guys people-carrier windows.

At some later point (and it's not clear whether this was seconds or minutes, or even longer), whilst this 22yr old window smasher was 'stood in bushes' (again, not clear if he was hiding or quite what legit reason he had for standing in a bush) the agrieved bloke decided to drive his car at him, having to mount the pavement in order to do so.

Now, that's not quite a "I did it in self defence, for fear of my life at the time, Your Honour... " defence really is it??? Premeditated revenge attack...

If he had indeed driven the car at the guy whilst he was in the process of smashing his windows, ranting, raving, knife waving etc, - and in order to get away from the situation slapped the car in gear and happened to run him down then that's fair enough - the guy deserved everything he got.... but it's not like that.

So - yeah, premeditated revenge attack - and he deserved to be locked up.
Old 11 February 2008, 09:10 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Shame he did not kill the piece of ****, yet last week a judge sentenced some scumbag who threw a breeze block off a bridge killing a lorry driver got just 12 months. Go figure
Old 11 February 2008, 09:59 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Personally, even if it was slightly after the event - it sounds like the ****** with the knife got what was coming to him.

I hope he did some permanent and serious damage to him.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:03 PM
nooobyscoooby
Scooby Regular

Self defence. No way should the guy have even been charged. Pity he didn't kill the scum.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:07 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nooobyscoooby
Self defence. No way should the guy have even been charged. Pity he didn't kill the scum.

The whole point is that is WASN'T self defence: by the time he ran over the man he was no longer in any danger. If he'd done the same thing within seconds of the windows being smashed he would never even have been charged.

M
Old 11 February 2008, 10:10 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

There's very nearly allways more to the story than the one portrayed
Old 11 February 2008, 10:13 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Christ, he is the oldest looking 47 year old I have ever seen

No, he should not have been banged up. I would have given him a medal
Old 11 February 2008, 10:18 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by 84of300
Christ, he is the oldest looking 47 year old I have ever seen

No, he should not have been banged up. I would have given him a medal
Agreed. It's high time justice as swift and forthright as this was dispensed.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:21 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
If he'd done the same thing within seconds of the windows being smashed he would never even have been charged.
And if the bloke hadn't of threatened him with the knife and baton in the first place, he wouldn't have been ran over.

Personally, I think a Copper should have given the ****** a swift kick in the nuts and had a quiet word along the lines of "shut the hell up and stop whinging".
Old 11 February 2008, 10:29 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

he's a top bloke stood up and fought back against the scum who ruin our society - give that man a medal
Old 11 February 2008, 10:32 PM
Will
BANNED

i would not of just ran over the c*nt, i would of reversed over him too. SCUM
Old 11 February 2008, 10:33 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Hope it really, really hurt the ******!

You have to have self respect and letting off a ****** or having to worry about what they might get up to next time is too much for some people.... Obviously

Maybe we should have a Scoobynet collection to buy him some bull bars for his people carrier. So's he doesn't spoil the paintwork if he does it again.

J.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:35 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion, as soon as you step outside of the law you should not be protected, and likewise if somebody goes outside of the law to put your life in danger you should be protected by it.

It really is a shame he did not kill the person, well done for taking a stand I say. I hope the judge gets assaulted with a knife and baton now so she can see what it feels like.

Incidentally, did the aggressor get any charges brought upon him for wielding a knife and baton?
Old 11 February 2008, 11:04 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

No to sending him to Jail.

It's a & world we live in today. If the "yoof" had knifed him would he have gone to Jail

TX.
Old 11 February 2008, 11:10 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

the yob broke his window....threatened with no danger to himself whatsoever this guy tried to kill him.

dod the yob get what he deserved - yes, did this loony -yes.
Old 12 February 2008, 06:23 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'Passing sentence, judge Lady Smith told Armstrong she had no alternative but to impose a custodial sentence and said she would have sentenced him to five years, but for his guilty plea.

She added: "There seems no doubt he presented weapons at you and he deliberately broke a window in your van. You were entitled to be angry. You were entitled to be affronted. But you were not entitled to respond by wielding your vehicle as a weapon at him in the way you did." '

WTF, these Judges are soo out of touch.

I'd do the same, so better lock me up now. The only difference is I'd do the job properly and then hide the evidence
Old 12 February 2008, 07:35 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Shame he did not kill the piece of ****, yet last week a judge sentenced some scumbag who threw a breeze block off a bridge killing a lorry driver got just 12 months. Go figure
Here lies the rub, scumbags getting better treatment and lighter sentences, breezeblock should have been manslaughter and 12+ years, after all what was scum thinking would happen.

whether this is a perception or not it does appear that low lifes do have the law on thier side. if you go out to commit crime then you loose your rights.
Old 12 February 2008, 08:41 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
. if you go out to commit crime then you loose your rights.
DOes that apply to the people out for revenge?
Old 12 February 2008, 08:49 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

whether this is a perception or not it does appear that low lifes do have the law on thier side. if you go out to commit crime then you loose your rights.

thats not perception...its called the law, you could always move to India or something?

this scum bag broke the guys window...NO danger to the bloke - he responded, out of vengeance, by attempting to kill the bloke.

anyone her who says "i'd do the same" is either retarded, a keyboard ninja or has no family that would be bothered that their dad/spouse is in prison.
Old 12 February 2008, 09:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
thats not perception...its called the law, you could always move to India or something?

this scum bag broke the guys window...NO danger to the bloke - he responded, out of vengeance, by attempting to kill the bloke.

anyone her who says "i'd do the same" is either retarded, a keyboard ninja or has no family that would be bothered that their dad/spouse is in prison.
Dont fancy India, I would rather see the focus of the law and help for victims as a priority in the UK.

Yes in this case i think the bloke overreacted, not too sure he deserved jail for his actions though.

some might think that calling people who do not agree with you retarded is also tantamount to being a keyboard warrior/ninja, it it easy to say when hidden away behind a screen
Old 12 February 2008, 09:17 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

"You were entitled to be angry. You were entitled to be affronted. But you were not entitled to respond by wielding your vehicle as a weapon at him in the way you did."

Yet he should have let the youth smash his face in rather than running him down.

Same as if you catch someone invading your home. You are to be Burgled, stabbed, kicked to death but fight back and you will go to jail.

Sounds to me the little B*stard had it coming to him. Far too often the law protects those who cause distress to people and communities.
Old 12 February 2008, 09:19 AM
Biggsy
BANNED

He should have got out and gave the little **** a clump.

''The law is an ***'' - how true is that statement.
Old 12 February 2008, 09:24 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
"
Yet he should have let the youth smash his face in rather than running him down.

It wasn't like that - Read the thread/article.
Old 12 February 2008, 09:32 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
I did, thankyou.

I know the lad didn't smash his face in, but he could have.

Shame it wasn't Texas. The lad would have been shot where he stood. In Texas it is your right to shoot someone who you feel threatend by.
Old 12 February 2008, 09:34 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by PeteBrant

Peter

I believe that normal everyday people who go to work, pay their taxes, provide for their families are getting to the point that they have had enough of their lives being made harder or in some cases unbearable.

what they see is out of control people doing what they want. They do not see the problems being tackled or prevented.

The number of cases like Gary Newloves are on the increase, the Firefighter thread another examples, etc., etc.

Eventually these people get to breaking point and then take actions into their own hands.

What then happens is the full force of the law is then used against them.

It just does not seem fair, then number of repeat/serial offenders who just get away with commiunity orders or daft punishments seems wrong.

People blame cheap booze and the problem, it does not help but it is more fundimental that that, other countries have cheap booze and it is legal for kids to buy it in some cases, it is that kids in the UK choose to and want to do it.

You can say all you want peter but i think you will find that this is the case.

Last edited by The Zohan; 12 February 2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12 February 2008, 09:37 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Peter

I believe that normal everyday peolole who go to work, pay thier taxes, provide for theor families are getting to the point that they have had enough of thier lives being made harder or in some cases unbearable.

what they see is out of controil people doing what they want. They do not see the problems bbeing tackled or prevented.

The number of cases like Gary Newloves are on the increase, the Firefighter thread another examples, etc., etc.

Eventually these people get to breaking point and then take actions into their own hands.

What then happens is the full force of the law is then used agianst them.

It just does not seem fair, then number of repeat/serial offenders who just get away with commiunity orders or daft punishments seems wrong.

You can say all you want peter but i think you will find that this is the case.
Paul, you cannot have a vigilante society. It's as simple as that. This guy took the law into his own hands and got punished for it.

Quick Reply: Do you think he deserved to be banged up?