Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BOSE Acoustic Wave II

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2008, 03:54 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOSE Acoustic Wave II

I'm thinking of buying. It would go in the corner of a 6m x 6m room and be used for mostly CDs and as the sound when watching DVD films. Can anyone who has one tell me if it is any good in place of a normal setup surround sound system for the films (will it really sound like someone is opening a door behind you etc.?) or if it's no better than the systems incorporated into the TVs, and if you can get decent volume out of it without distortion (I'm not expecting Led Zep at the O2).
Thanks,
Kevin
Old 31 January 2008, 05:08 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

BOSE = Style over function.

Originally Posted by c_maguire
I'm thinking of buying. It would go in the corner of a 6m x 6m room and be used for mostly CDs and as the sound when watching DVD films.
Put the money towards some proper hi-fi.

Can anyone who has one tell me if it is any good in place of a normal setup surround sound system for the films (will it really sound like someone is opening a door behind you etc.?) or if it's no better than the systems incorporated into the TVs,
I've yet to hear a pseudo surround sound system that even remotely recreates the cinematic effects you get from a proper 5.1 Dolby / DTS system but I'm all ears Some friends had a Yamaha system that was supposed to be pretty good but relies on the room having flat walls, they had a top floor flat with dormers so sloping walls, it didn't work, they now have a proper 5.1 system with KEF Eggs.

and if you can get decent volume out of it without distortion (I'm not expecting Led Zep at the O2).
Thanks,
Kevin
No idea but again save your money and get some proper hi-fi, you will get a decent volume without distortion then

Only a few £ more

DENON DVD1940 DVD PLAYER (MULTI-REGION) & ONKYO TXSR605E HOME CINEMA RECEIVER & KEF KHT3005 5.1 SPEAKERS SYSTEM SIZZLER - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/3612 for details
Old 31 January 2008, 05:40 PM
Power Junkie
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Avoid, it really isnt worth much, there are more options out there that are much better
Old 31 January 2008, 05:48 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Try View the Mini Theatre speakers at Bowers & Wilkins - The World’s leading speaker brand., they offer 3 different home cinema speaker packages for smaller rooms so they maybe worth a try.

Nathan.

Last edited by ScooByer Trade; 31 January 2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: editing link.
Old 31 January 2008, 06:07 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Also Arcam make HDMI cinema receivers, have a look at the AVR280.
Old 31 January 2008, 07:17 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

I'll check them out.
Thanks,
Kevin