Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lost all power @ 100mph on M1

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2008, 11:32 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lost all power @ 100mph on M1

was on my way home tonight - followed by a Black Blob Scoob, when the engine management light came on and went into limp home mode @ 100mph

I was losing power fast and was concerned that I would not be able to get out if the "fast lane", there was a junction to the left and the car in the middle lane and he woulen't let me over as he thought I was trying to get off there

anyhows finally made it to the hard sholder and called the breakdown people, to find my breakdown cover had expired that morning , I told the operator that I had asked for auto renew (which she swallowed) and agreed to send out a truck.

Whilst on the phone I restrted about 10 times and it fired back into full power ...

I got back into the subaru lane and luckily it made it home .

off to Montys tomorrow morning, hopefully they can sort it as i'm back down south on sunday...

The End.
Old 25 January 2008, 11:37 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazza-uk
was on my way home tonight - followed by a Black Blob Scoob, when the engine management light came on and went into limp home mode @ 100mph

I was losing power fast and was concerned that I would not be able to get out if the "fast lane", there was a junction to the left and the car in the middle lane and he woulen't let me over as he thought I was trying to get off there

anyhows finally made it to the hard sholder and called the breakdown people, to find my breakdown cover had expired that morning , I told the operator that I had asked for auto renew (which she swallowed) and agreed to send out a truck.

Whilst on the phone I restrted about 10 times and it fired back into full power ...

I got back into the subaru lane and luckily it made it home .

off to Montys tomorrow morning, hopefully they can sort it as i'm back down south on sunday...

The End.

So you drove it - when your breakdown people had already sent out one of their representatives after you conned them into believing you had cover - not knowing whether you had a serious engine fault or not. Good job, dude! :highfive:
Old 25 January 2008, 11:41 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

so basically.... a non-member called out the service dude and then fuucked off before they arrived..... I like!!!!
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bubba po
So you drove it - when your breakdown people had already sent out one of their representatives after you conned them into believing you had cover - not knowing whether you had a serious engine fault or not. Good job, dude! :highfive:
You're slipping Bubble - you forgot to chide him for the highly dangerous speeds that he had been racing along at just before the problem arose
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Whilst on the phone it started - guess what I told her.....

she also told me that if I had not auto renewed, I would be charged the renewal. (the reason I did not renew was a mistake, I fully intended to renew...)

also, if it restarted, it aint going to be serious

if it does turn out to be serious, I will drive the courtesy car while it gets repaired UNDER WARRANTY!
Old 25 January 2008, 11:45 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
You're slipping Bubble - you forgot to chide him for the highly dangerous speeds that he had been racing along at just before the problem arose
maybe he's tired of being a hypocrite.
Old 25 January 2008, 11:46 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

maybe he's tired of being a hypocrite.
Do you know what a hypocrite is?
Old 25 January 2008, 11:47 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
71 mph, you mean?
Old 25 January 2008, 11:48 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

It's that stuff that superman doesn't like
Old 25 January 2008, 11:49 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Whilst on the phone it started - guess what I told her.....

she also told me that if I had not auto renewed, I would be charged the renewal. (the reason I did not renew was a mistake, I fully intended to renew...)

also, if it restarted, it aint going to be serious

if it does turn out to be serious, I will drive the courtesy car while it gets repaired UNDER WARRANTY!
Witness, dear readers, a perfect example of internet back-pedalling after an initial proud-as-punch boasting OP.
Old 25 January 2008, 11:54 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Witness, dear readers, a perfect example of internet back-pedalling after an initial proud-as-punch boasting OP.

are you for real, where is the back pedalling ???

where is the boasting??

I was simply telling of a story that happened to me this evening, something that could have been very dangerous, had I not got to the hard shoulder
Old 26 January 2008, 12:09 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

are you for real, where is the back pedalling ???

where is the boasting??

I was simply telling of a story that happened to me this evening, something that could have been very dangerous, had I not got to the hard shoulder

You boasted that you'd misled your breakdown people into believing that you had breakdown cover, then you backpedalled when questioned about it, saying (afterwards) that they told you that you'd be charged for the callout should you be found NOT to be covered.

You didn't just tell the story from the perspective that you'd just avoided a dangerous breakdown situation - you told it from the perspective of someone who'd scammed their breakdown company, then drove their car home risking serious mechanical damage.

A hypocrite is someone who behaves differently than he expects everyone else to behave. Is that me?

Last edited by Bubba po; 26 January 2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 26 January 2008, 12:15 AM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

You boasted that you'd misled your breakdown people into believing that you had breakdown cover, then you backpedalled when questioned about it, saying (afterwards) that they told you that you'd be charged for the callout should you be found NOT to be covered.

You didn't tell the story from the perspective that you'd just avoided a dangerous breakdown situation - you told it from the perspective of someone who'd scammed their breakdown company, then drove their car home risking serious mechanical damage.

A hypocrite is someone who behaves differently than he expects everyone else to behave. Is that me?
How can I have possibly scammed a breakdown company if I did not use them, I was mearly pointing out that I was unlucky enough to breakdown for the first time on the sameday as the breakdown cover run out (which I would have had to pay had they come out - hardly scamming!!!)

Had I beieived that it was serious I would have continued to use the breakdown comany.

as per usual you have read far too much into the thread, no wonder everybody thinks your a .....

still failing to see a boast

Last edited by gazza-uk; 26 January 2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 26 January 2008, 12:17 AM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

ps a hypocrite is also..

a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
Old 26 January 2008, 12:20 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

...A what?

Ok, you edited.
Old 26 January 2008, 12:21 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

ps a hypocrite is also..

a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
How have I done that exactly, now or in the past?
Old 26 January 2008, 12:25 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Ok, the community feeling is that my posts rate negatively. I'll leave it at that.
Old 26 January 2008, 12:28 AM
hectic
Scooby Regular

yeah, its an *oaf*