Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Wheely-bin washing.....grrrrrrrr

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2008, 01:03 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Wheely-bin washing.....grrrrrrrr

Why is this odious practice allowed on our streets?

Came home today to find that the neighbour's bin, only the brown recycler, has been jetwashed on the street, right outside my house, leaving a pile of stinking, festering rubbish on the street.

This is being done by a jetwashing company, and the local council, (the very same one that fines people on the spot for chucking ***-ends out of car windows), says it has nothing to do with them

I did push, and said that they ought to have one of the local street-right teams follow the jetwashers and fine them, but she didn't seem too interested.

Alcazar
Old 24 January 2008, 01:07 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree... why is it they always seem to do it outside somebodys house that doesnt have their bin washed
Old 24 January 2008, 01:11 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
I agree... why is it they always seem to do it outside somebodys house that doesnt have their bin washed
Abso-fekkin-lutely!

Mine gets hosed IN my garden, when necessary, recyclable rubbish onto the borders, and anything else, picked up, bagged and back into my other bins.

Alcazar
Old 24 January 2008, 01:21 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Photo of evidence and a letter to the local paper (for them to write an article, not the letters column). Bloody stupid.
Old 24 January 2008, 01:26 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

We have a black box thing for putting stuff in like newpapers, tins & bottles etc.

They emptied everyone in our streets last week apart from ours, left it this week aswell so me mam went out and asked one of them why they woludnt empty it.

Apparently it was because my empty glass bottles of corona had a piece of lime in the bottom still.
Old 24 January 2008, 01:42 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

There is always stray tins etc when they have emptied the recycling boxes...

and can somebody tell me why they cant seem to be able to put the bin back where I place it at the side of the road on the side of the drive so the elderly lady next door can still drive her car onto the drive without having to park in the middle of the road whilst she moves the bin from the middle of the drive where it has been just thrown
Old 24 January 2008, 01:43 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

thought it was ilegal to do it on the street side? had to be done within a confined area, aka in the back of a large van.
Old 24 January 2008, 01:47 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

hmmm... thats interesting... they do it at the back of the van by us and all the cr*p goes on the road.....
Old 24 January 2008, 01:47 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

They do it on the street at my house!
Old 24 January 2008, 01:59 PM
ChrisGrant
Scooby Regular

and can somebody tell me why they cant seem to be able to put the bin back where I place it at the side of the road on the side of the drive so the elderly lady next door can still drive her car onto the drive without having to park in the middle of the road whilst she moves the bin from the middle of the drive where it has been just thrown
Recycling school

Rule #1 Always leave bin in middle of driveway so customer can see we're doing a good job (cus there so quiet we might miss them) and they can practice there evasive manoeuvres as they enter there driveway.

please feel free to enlighten me on other rules!
Old 24 January 2008, 05:30 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Just don't even get me fappin started on this fappin baxter trick

I once came home, turned into my drive, and had to stop dead for the wheely bin, which hadn't been visble from the road.

When I rang to complain, explaining to the council lady that someone had nearly run into the back of me when I stopped dead, she said, "Well you're insured aren't you?"

Grrrrr

Alcazar
Old 24 January 2008, 05:35 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

My mum got her wheely bin in 1989 (date on it), it has never been washed......
Old 24 January 2008, 06:58 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Take lots of pictures, they will soon change their ways, or the local council will be forced to fine them when the papers pick up the story.
Old 25 January 2008, 12:08 AM
DCR59
Scooby Regular

That is so true.

Before we moved house we stayed in a quiet cul-de-sac with 10 houses. 9 of them had their bins cleaned, 1 didn't.
So every week all the bins were gathered together and cleaned outside that 1 house, with all the mess left at the end of his drive.

But where I stay now, the cleaner has build a custom tank onto the back of his van so all the water and rubbish is kept on the van and none ends up on the road. They also put the bins back round the back of the house.
Well worth £1 a week.
Old 25 January 2008, 12:15 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Mine hasn't been washed either, I think I should do it though next time it has been emptied

The black boxes annoy me, mine sits in the garage with some scoob parts in it

Quite often the recyled stuff falls out and I end up with broken glass in front of my drive, not always seeing it until I have gone on the drive

I cant understand why they put 3 neighbours bins all in the middle of my drive too, are they really that lazy to put them back at the right houses, or at least individual houses and not all at the same one
Old 25 January 2008, 09:54 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

I do find this whole thing a bit odd. Why wash a bin every 2 weeks? A house just down the road from us has theirs done every 2 weeks and I just wonder WTF are they putting in it? Manure or something?!

The only thing that goes in our bin is rubbish in black bin bags, so its fairly clean. Every year or so it gets a jet wash out on our drive and its back looking as new as the day we got it. I dont see why I would spend c.£70 a year to "keet it clean"???
Old 25 January 2008, 10:06 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Do the same thing as the Enviromental Health people tell you to do with anti-social neighbours, keep a record, with photographs if required.

But, rather than give them to the council, hand them over to your local paper They're always after stories, and they always have at least one reporter who' likes nothing better than giving your local council grief

Do record any phone conversations you have with the council, the press love that sort of thing

Finally always remember, ultimately council employees are your employees, if you aren't happy with them, do everything in your power to get them sacked
Old 25 January 2008, 10:09 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by DCR59
Before we moved house we stayed in a quiet cul-de-sac with 10 houses. 9 of them had their bins cleaned, 1 didn't.
So every week all the bins were gathered together and cleaned outside that 1 house, with all the mess left at the end of his drive.
That's called intimidation

We don't get bin washers down our road, we're all to tight to waste perfectly good beer tokens on that sort of nonsense
Old 25 January 2008, 05:17 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Exactly. I don't see why you'd need to wash it?

Isn't that what bin liners are for?
Old 27 January 2008, 11:17 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Exactly. I don't see why you'd need to wash it?

Isn't that what bin liners are for?
Quite right.

Les
Old 27 January 2008, 01:42 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

I do my own.
Although I hadn't noticed until I'd cleaned my blue bin last time that I'd actually done next door's instead - I wondered why it was so filthy!
I held onto the "clean" bin for a while until he swapped them back and I got mine back in the same state his was

Nick
Old 27 January 2008, 03:43 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

can somebody tell me why they cant seem to be able to put the bin back where I place it at the side of the road
This boils mis p*ss like you wouldn't believe! My bin is less than 3ft from the edge of the road with no obstructions at all. If I leave it where it is, it doesn't get emptied so I have to move it 2.5ft to the roadside before they'll entertain it. That's mildly annoying but the bit that really gets me is that when they've emptied it, they leave it another 3ft further up the road!
Old 27 January 2008, 04:38 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Same goes here, what's the point?
Old 27 January 2008, 06:12 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Whats the point in cleaning them? Surely everyone here can hold there breath for 10 seconds while the lids open and the rubbish is chucked in?

The recycling bins **** me off, well the owners of that don't use the net cover's that is. If it's windy, my garden ends up full of other peoples newspapers and ready meal packets.