Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

RAC.. just called them... WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2008, 11:48 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAC.. just called them... WTF!

Just called up as I got a letter the other day asking if I wanted to join them, as I have been a member since 2000 I thought it strange.

So I just called them, as I need to have the policy taken to a single member policy now, not multi..

Guess what.......... they cancelled my membership in May 06 !!! Without bothering to say a word.
They have automatically renewed my membership every year since 2000, and then just have not bothered.

I guess I should have noticed the money was not taken (although I have to check that yet) but so nice to know I have had no cover for the past 18 months!

Question is, with than in mind, do I use someone else now, or stick with what I know?
Also their membership service appears to be in Bangalore also now
Old 22 January 2008, 11:56 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

AA all the way and I'm not just saying this because my other half is an AA man and can get you a good deal (joint membership for the price of single etc)
Old 22 January 2008, 11:58 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobychick
AA all the way and I'm not just saying this because my other half is an AA man and can get you a good deal (joint membership for the price of single etc)

lol fair enough. Been RAC and pleased with them for years now. Not planning on needing them either lol.
Just works well with the Trackstar E&B button etc.

Really nice that when the E&B was added to my tracker, they failed to point out that the RAC membership number was "expired"

Dont really need joint membership sadly. All services seem around the 128-129 mark for top service.
Old 22 January 2008, 12:08 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

The AA have lots more patrols than the RAC and they're all very nice men, good singers too
Old 22 January 2008, 12:26 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Just spoke to my mate who is an RAC patrolman. Sorting out signing me back up, but learnt something interesting..

He just had ANOTHER call from a friend who has also just found out after breaking down, that the RAC forgot to renew his membership last year too!

So the moral is, if you have cover, or think you have, call membership services and see if you ACTUALLY ave cover.

Going over to monthly payments now, and the added bonus of giving my mate a few quid in his pocket, and another sales notch on his record
Old 22 January 2008, 11:28 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

I’m with the RAC, have been for about 6 years or so.

They send me out a letter each year just before renewal time stating what the new cost will be (goes down each year as haven't needed to call them out, which I cant complain about) and unless they hear from me they will go ahead on the specified date and charge me/renew my membership. I then get sent a new membership card.

Did you not receive any renewal letters?
Old 23 January 2008, 09:10 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiscooby
I’m with the RAC, have been for about 6 years or so.

They send me out a letter each year just before renewal time stating what the new cost will be (goes down each year as haven't needed to call them out, which I cant complain about) and unless they hear from me they will go ahead on the specified date and charge me/renew my membership. I then get sent a new membership card.

Did you not receive any renewal letters?
Not had renewal letters all along, not had a new card for years now.
The no use discount has gone too lol.

Mine is the same, unless they hear from me they have always renewed. But this time it appears not to be the case.

By all accounts they have had lots of renewal problems since they were taken over a while back.

Aaaah well, a month at a time now, so I can stay on top of it.
Old 23 January 2008, 09:21 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I was the AA for 1 season and they were a right shower. Been with green flag a couple of times and they were spot on. New car has 3 years breakdown cover included, no idea who with though.
Old 23 January 2008, 09:34 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Having the new car im hoping never to need them, but with the accident mangagement etc that they do, its good peace of mind.
Old 23 January 2008, 10:37 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Snazy
with the accident mangagement etc that they do, its good peace of mind.
They are owned by Norwich Union, if you are run into by a driver with Norwich Union Insurance and your claim is "handled" by Norwich Union Employee's against a Norwich Union policy then are you really sure you will be getting the best advice.......... just my two pennies
Old 23 January 2008, 11:22 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
They are owned by Norwich Union, if you are run into by a driver with Norwich Union Insurance and your claim is "handled" by Norwich Union Employee's against a Norwich Union policy then are you really sure you will be getting the best advice.......... just my two pennies
Na I dont mean the actual claim, I just mean the assistance, recovery, replacement car, legal cover etc Worked fine for me when my car was written off by an uninsured driver.