Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Infidelity article in The Telegraph

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2008, 06:20 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infidelity article in The Telegraph

Opinions or confessions WRT the article in todays Telegraph about NSA extra-marital relationships CLICKY

My own relationship isn't perfect, but whose is ? Have any of you or anyone close to you ever travelled this road and is it becoming more acceptable in these days of open relationships and acceptance that people have needs and desires, and sometimes it's best to just let them happen and be settled than object and let the rot ultimately destroy what you hold dear.

Thoughts and opinions, ideally from both sexes please.
Old 21 January 2008, 06:53 PM
New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not acceptable in my view. If you're going to do a relationship, do it properly, or or not at all. If you need to stray then something in the current relationship is not right for you, or you're not ready for a relationship, in which case you should do the decent thing and be honest with the other person involved.

Cheating shows a fundanmental lack of respect for yourself, your partner, the other party and is selfish to the extreme. The worst thing about it is that it often affects the other person's ability to trust people in the future; adversely affecting their future happiness. It's a rather serious character flaw IMHO.

Ns04
Old 21 January 2008, 07:07 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Not acceptable in my view. If you're going to do a relationship, do it properly, or or not at all. If you need to stray then something in the current relationship is not right for you, or you're not ready for a relationship, in which case you should do the decent thing and be honest with the other person involved.

Cheating shows a fundanmental lack of respect for yourself, your partner, the other party and is selfish to the extreme. The worst thing about it is that it often affects the other person's ability to trust people in the future; adversely affecting their future happiness. It's a rather serious character flaw IMHO.

Ns04
Spot on, couldn't put it better myself