The OXO Tower

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2008, 11:01 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The OXO Tower

Oxo Tower Restaurant London - Restaurant Review and Information

First read the comments by Rachel, then read the comments by Jason.
Old 18 January 2008, 11:03 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Saw this on another forum
Childish but funny
Old 18 January 2008, 11:07 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Talking

... and for the too lazy to click the link I present......

I am a huge fan of the Oxo Tower... I know one of the other reviewers said it was a bum deal, but I don't think so. Talk about bending over backwards to accomodate you - I'm hugely impressed.
Comment on this reader review
Jack M Illard.
Overall rating
Food 5 | Service 5 | Atmosphere 5 | Value for money 5
Friday, January 18, 2008

I have to say I was very impressed by the Oxo Tower. Having had some bad dining experiences, I wasn't simply after another bum deal.
View/Add comments (1)
Gordon Brown
Overall rating
Food 9 | Service 10 | Atmosphere 9 | Value for money 8
Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I took my work colleague up the OXO Tower recently; let’s call him Andy for the sake of anonymity, as a thank you for work well done during the previous year. Having been there many times before with other people, I was a little surprised at the nervous trepidation clearly displayed by Andy before entry. But the nerves soon subsided after the first course. We were joined later by some friends and Andy was clearly into the swing of things by this point.
The Oxo Tower is often underrated but never overstated. Highly recommended.
George
View/Add comments (4)
George Hathelwaite
Overall rating
Food 8 | Service 10 | Atmosphere 9 | Value for money 10
Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I went to the Oxo Tower with a beautiful young lady after the theatre one Wednesday night. I was greeted and seated at the door by a gentleman called Hein.
I must admit that the food was excellent if overpriced, the view outstanding and the choice of wine from the Sommelier jaw dropping. However what made our evening was this chap Hein. I believe he is one of the managers and he orchestrated the floor and our dining experience so that we felt relaxed and enjoyed the view and the ambience.
His recommendations for the food were out of this world and his overall manner were what we would rate as the best we have ever experienced. He was so calm and assured whilst making us laugh and comfortable.
I am sure we would have had a good time if it were not for him but he made it a night to remember. Many thanks and we will be back.
Paul
Overall rating
Food 9 | Service 10 | Atmosphere 9 | Value for money 7
Monday, January 14, 2008

I agree with Rachel - Last Friday evening I tried to take my girlfriend up the Oxo Tower but unfortunately we found it was completely full, so despite our best efforts, we just couldn't get in. I even greased the odd palm in the hope of slipping in without too much of a fuss, but I didn't want to push it. .
The next weekend we planned ahead and I have to say, the whole thing was much smoother. Of course, it was still a bit of a tight squeeze, but we took our time, didn't rush in, and to my delight, we got inside.
One piece of advice: if you've never been there before, you might be a bit put off by the surroundings - sometimes you might find a few rather unattractive-looking hangers-on near the entrance but my advice is just keep your eyes firmly on the front door and before you know it, you'll be safe inside.
So go on - give it a try. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I know we'll be going back as often as we can.
View/Add comments (3)
Jason
Overall rating
Food 5 | Service 10 | Atmosphere 10 | Value for money 10
Friday, January 11, 2008

I had lunch here last week and was reasonably satisfied, though not bowled over. The tables are exceptionally close together - you don't even have to lean over to talk to your neighbours, and you can't walk between the tables. The food itself was really nice, though not, I thought, exceptional. A few faux pas that I consider unacceptable in this level of restaurant - my friend ordered a double espresso but was served a single, and I was served tea in a chipped cup - both mistakes were rectified once pointed out, but I do feel this shouldn't happen when you're paying over £80 per head. Fantastic views of London, and otherwise good service, but we did feel a bit rushed as we had to be out after 2 hours. I would go there again, but not at such a busy time of year.
Peebee - View all reviews by this user
Overall rating
Food 8 | Service 7 | Atmosphere 6 | Value for money 5
Saturday, December 22, 2007

When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!
View/Add comments (3)
rachel
Overall rating
Food 5 | Service 5 | Atmosphere 5 | Value for money 5
Saturday, December 22, 2007

We recently dined at the Oxo Tower Restaurant for our Christmas works' lunch. I know restaurants are not always at their best at this busy time of year but I would have thought that one of this quality and price would be able to maintain its standards. Our table was over half an hour late. We had to wait 20 minutes for bar service and the time between courses was way too long. The food itself was nothing special - and mainly cold - unlike the white wine and mineral water which was lukewarm! The lighting was appalling and we had to ask for candles - every other table already had them - and whilst dimmish lighting is better than being over bright we couldn't even see what we were eating. The service was slow and unfriendly and at an average cost of £80/head including wine I am just glad it was not my money being spent.
JC
Overall rating
Food 4 | Service 2 | Atmosphere 0 | Value for money 2
Monday, December 17, 2007

Two weeks ago we went for Lunch in Oxo Tower - after it was recommended to us by some friends. Since our arrival we were pleasantly surprised by the staff warm welcome and their professional service. When questioned about different dishes our waiter was very knowledgeable as was the person who looked after our wine.... The dishes themselves ( I had partridge followed by sea bream and my partner had oysters and lamb) also lived up to our expectations.... they were delicious especially the lamb..... For desert I decided to have a selection of cheese. They had some very good English and Irish cheese which was served from a cheese trolley. All in all, our dining experience was very good and I will definitely come back this time for dinner is Oxo Tower soon!
John
Overall rating
Food 10 | Service 10 | Atmosphere 10 | Value for money 9
Thursday, November 22, 2007

I have to say that I have had the best meal of my life in this restaurant. The view is truly amazing but what suprised me the most was the whole experience from begining to end. The staff were charming, the food blew me away, and then to finish me off the Sommelier came over with a trolley loaded with all sorts of brandies... A truly memorable evening, I can't wait to go back.
Raul Perot - View all reviews by this user
Overall rating
Food 10 | Service 10 | Atmosphere 10 | Value for money 8
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Old 18 January 2008, 11:48 AM
Will
BANNED

So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!
:

And Jason's quality
Old 18 January 2008, 12:45 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J4ckos mate lives near Brownley road....