Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

'White flight' - people leaving cities like Londn

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2008, 10:00 AM
Bar-Humbug!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'White flight' - people leaving cities like Londn

This makes an interesting read in light of the Gang Rape thread.

Before moi being branded as a racist by some - have a good long read of the whole artical and then discuss.

Is it any wonder people are fleeing London? - Telegraph
Old 17 January 2008, 10:33 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Probably more that they can sell their box room bedsit in London and buy a proper house with the same money and hour outside the city.
Old 17 January 2008, 10:55 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

It's not just London though. The immigrantion influx has made most large Town & Cities crime rates rise considerably.

If I had the money, I'd leave this increasingly sh*t country behind.
Old 17 January 2008, 11:02 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by stilover
It's not just London though. The immigrantion influx has made most large Town & Cities crime rates rise considerably.

If I had the money, I'd leave this increasingly sh*t country behind.
Where would you go? Live witht he immigrants families in thier own countries?

Immigrants, are mainly just like you and I. They just speak a different languange and in most cases English too. Let me take a quick quote from the article posted by the OP

That's before you even factor in the older, more professional criminal gangs from more than 25 countries, who operate prosperous drug trafficking, people smuggling, prostitution, money laundering and fraud rackets on the capital's streets.
Theyre only providing a service,

Drug Trafficking - British are mainly the ones using they drugs, if they didnt the immigrants wouldnt traffic it in.

People Smuggling - British are the ones employing them as cheap labour.

Prostitution - British are the ones kerb crawling at night.

Need I go on? All good and well wearing your Union Jack tinted spectacles but its nice to take them off once in a while and integrate to society yourself
Old 17 January 2008, 11:25 AM
Bar-Humbug!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt

Immigrants, are mainly just like you and I. They just speak a different languange and in most cases English too. Let me take a quick quote from the article posted by the OP

Drug Trafficking - British are mainly the ones using they drugs, if they didnt the immigrants wouldnt traffic it in.

Need I go on? All good and well wearing your Union Jack tinted spectacles but its nice to take them off once in a while and integrate to society yourself

Lets take this a step at a time
"Immigrants, are mainly just like you and I."
Immigrant just like me, fine let them in - English speaking, law abiding and contributing to society, bring 'em on. I do not nor plan to rape 16 y/o girls and then kill them so i do not go to jail. perhaps some proper more control over our borders and who we let in would help but just a bit late for some!

"Drug Trafficking - British are mainly the ones using they drugs, if they didnt the immigrants wouldnt traffic it in. "
Do you know for a fact that that this is the case or is this your assuption so must be true, or is it because there are more brits so the figures are higher.
Lots of drugged up, drunk non-brits in Northampton BTW

"People Smuggling - British are the ones employing them as cheap labour."
just goes to show how some people value life and dignity and why they should not be here, i do not employ illegals nor do a huge proportion of the UK residents or businesses and it needs to be stopped

"Prostitution Brits are the ones kerb cralwing at night" - Really prove it, again we have your word for this, just prove this with some facts, i think this greatly depends on where you look, demographic.

So, are you saying the brits have got what they deserved and brought it all on themselves, i for one have not, nor my family or my friends. so who are these brits then?

As for rose tinted specs - back at ya!

Last edited by Bar-Humbug!; 17 January 2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 17 January 2008, 11:29 AM
superscoobx
Scooby Regular

Sorry but i dont agree with you.

Our Society is whatever population makes it up these day's, not a british society. I was ashamed when i went to kings cross. very very few people spoke english and where actualy white english people. Iv not read the article but i will read it when im on my lunch. Our Country is in a sorry state. We no longer have a culture to call our own, in fear of becoming racist or politicaly incorrect.

Why should we integrate into society....

What speak some form of punjabi, Urdu, or polish dependant who are the majority in your comunity.

See our children forced to become 'politically correct' No longer having nativity plays in some local schools to me......

*********** awaits Grief ***************
Old 17 January 2008, 11:30 AM
superscoobx
Scooby Regular

bar-humbug, i couldnt agree more.
Old 17 January 2008, 11:36 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Dont await grief, just a reasoned response and debate from me

Who cares about the people around you being British, do you speak to them all etc? It shouldnt matter what nationality they are, Britain is just another piece of land on Earth, I have no issue with sharing it with those born from a different piece of land. The only argument regarding that for me is whos paying taxes to the government and whos reaping the benefits, and thats not the other nationalities problem, its ours and our governments.

Anyway, back to my point. You complain about how many different people you spotted at Kings X. How many did you have a conversation with? If you saw 2 Polish guys chatting in Polish, does that mean they dont speak English? If you spoke Spanish, and were in Spain, but talking to another Englishman, which language would you chose to talk in?

Im not saying you need to learn another language to integrate, Im saying dont judge people because they were born in a different part of the world.
Old 17 January 2008, 11:44 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had the money I'd Emmigrate to New Zealand
Old 17 January 2008, 11:46 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

For as long as we operate a crime and no punishment policy, with over-stretched inept policing making detection impossible. There is little deterrant.

Inner cities across the nation suffer integration issues which ends up as segregation of communities (I use the word community is the sense that it is barely recognisable as one).

So, as long as it continues where people do not respect the law, nor other individuals, it will not get any better. And the feelings from respectful law abiding people will only become more bitter and angered by the inaction of the government's inabiity to admit the problem and deal with it.
Old 17 January 2008, 12:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

For the moment I thank my lucky stars that I live in the South West where although we do have immigrants, they seem to be well behaved and hard working. I worry though as to how long this will last for the future.

We do have some pretty rough locals too but they seem to behave fairly well by and large as well.

Les
Old 17 January 2008, 12:07 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I dont care for any other country as much as I care for this one.

It may be becoming the worlds dustbin but that tide will turn as more and more of us become sick of it.

I intend to be here to defend it to my death.

I dont care 2 f88ks if anyone disagrees. If that makes me unPC or racist so be it.

Stop being frightened to say what you feel.
Old 17 January 2008, 12:19 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan W

It may be becoming the worlds dustbin but that tide will turn as more and more of us become sick of it.

I dont care 2 f88ks if anyone disagrees. If that makes me unPC or racist so be it.

Old 17 January 2008, 12:25 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

That is a very sobering and worrying article.

My heart bleeds for that youg girl, not many things upset me through reading them but that has big time.

Some of you may know i live in Oldham which has its fair share of ethnic trouble and i am a pretty straight forward take you as you are type of guy and always have been, People are a***holes no matter what colur they are but when i hear white people are getting beaten up in certain parts of Oldham and the local wrag is 'advised' not to print the story through fear of strirring up racial tension i find this incredibly disturbing.

I know 'the nicest people you would meet' (i'll be very careful what i say here) respectable people i.e. teachers, businessmen, policemen who in public toe the line but privately are borderline racist, yet before they lived in the borough had a totally different outlook on this sort of thing.

I really fear for this country in the future i really do
Old 17 January 2008, 12:38 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Pretty crap reporting as usual. Trying to make London sound like the Rio slums, when in fact it's an extremely safe city given the population.

There are huge problems with youths but thankfully most of that stays within the youths and their ethnic groups and gangs.

Just the usual sensationalism.
Old 17 January 2008, 12:52 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Pretty crap reporting as usual. Trying to make London sound like the Rio slums, when in fact it's an extremely safe city given the population.

There are huge problems with youths but thankfully most of that stays within the youths and their ethnic groups and gangs.

Just the usual sensationalism.
Like all big cities all over the world there are good parts and bad but to be honest and i might not be qualified as i dont live in the 'smoke' but parts of London are a feckin cesspit, as big as i am i was crapping myself walking around Lewisham at midnight once.
Old 17 January 2008, 12:55 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

City "life" will "save" the planet......yeah, ok!
Old 17 January 2008, 12:58 PM
superscoobx
Scooby Regular

Dont await grief, just a reasoned response and debate from me

Who cares about the people around you being British, do you speak to them all etc? It shouldnt matter what nationality they are, Britain is just another piece of land on Earth, I have no issue with sharing it with those born from a different piece of land. The only argument regarding that for me is whos paying taxes to the government and whos reaping the benefits, and thats not the other nationalities problem, its ours and our governments.

Anyway, back to my point. You complain about how many different people you spotted at Kings X. How many did you have a conversation with? If you saw 2 Polish guys chatting in Polish, does that mean they dont speak English? If you spoke Spanish, and were in Spain, but talking to another Englishman, which language would you chose to talk in?

Im not saying you need to learn another language to integrate, Im saying dont judge people because they were born in a different part of the world.

im not judging them, im saying that they are destroying our country. Before long a fair few of our traditions and english cultures will have disapeared.

Blackboard's - White boards ??

in countries where these people come from 'foreigners' dont sway thier culture.

for example if i go to a muslim country, can i open up a Church of my own faith. Put my kids in thier school and expect them not to follow thier beliefs incase it offends my children?

Old 17 January 2008, 01:44 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Have you heard yourself? How many forgieners held a campaign to change the name of a Blackboard to Chalkboard etc.... None, you'll find it was our own who do this sort of rubbish and if anything segregating others by pointing out the fact that theyre different in some way.
Old 17 January 2008, 01:48 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Have you heard yourself? How many forgieners held a campaign to change the name of a Blackboard to Chalkboard etc.... None, you'll find it was our own who do this sort of rubbish and if anything segregating others by pointing out the fact that theyre different in some way.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here - A lot of the problem is the politically correct councillors and politicians, that end up stiring up trouble and hatred amongst the community
Old 17 January 2008, 02:01 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's ok, BBC news said last night that crime in London is down
Old 17 January 2008, 02:44 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

Is Britain, or London, any worse than any other major European country or city?

France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Holland and the US all have their fair share of major social problems. The rest of the world seems to be even worse.

Things are changing, globaly, at a faster rate than society and governments can cope with. It's our responsibility to make the best of it. Complacency, running away, and pretending that it's somebody else's problem will solve nothing.

Richard.
Old 17 January 2008, 03:02 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

It's ironic that these uncivilised people are allowed to remain in the UK, resulting in suffering of UK citizens, when they can't be returned to their homelands due to their "human rights" maybe being compromised

Obviously no thought for the human rights of UK citizens which suffer as a result of them staying here
Old 17 January 2008, 04:13 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Whenever I've noticed in the paper blokes being done for kerb crawling in Northampton, they are 80% foreign sounding names, whether "English" or not.
Old 17 January 2008, 04:17 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan W

I agree strongly with this, and it makes me ashamed that it takes a Welshman to stand up for the UK.

Count me in for the defence, when it comes!
Old 17 January 2008, 04:19 PM
superscoobx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I agree strongly with this, and it makes me ashamed that it takes a Welshman to stand up for the UK.

Im at the side of you two guys.
Old 17 January 2008, 04:20 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar

I have 2 Shotguns. Count me in too.
Old 17 January 2008, 04:20 PM
superscoobx
Scooby Regular

nail on the head mate

............WHEN it comes
Old 17 January 2008, 04:22 PM
superscoobx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
I have 2 Shotguns. Count me in too.

lol, were still about 4.9 million guns down, all the 'other' people have them already.
Old 17 January 2008, 04:46 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

I understand where a lot of people are coming from on this thread, but there is a lot of irony. The way we Brits used to take over countries and force the locals to learn English and supplant their customs and tradition with ours smacks of what goes around, etc. I also think the Brits hardly lead by example and are probably the least lingusitic and least integrated wherever they are all shipping out to.

Two wrongs dont make a right of course and I do think the balance could be better in UK.

Skin colour is irrelevant mind as regards the crime mentioned - scum is just scum. 3 indigenous scum were just sent down after senselessly killing a father outside his house after all.

D

D

Quick Reply: 'White flight' - people leaving cities like Londn