Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

John Howard, a Prime Minister To Be Proud Of !

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2008, 01:25 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up John Howard, a Prime Minister To Be Proud Of !

Just got this be e mail, not sure if this is SIAL, but thought it was worth posting.

As said by Australia's Prime Minister, John Howard :

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, British citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

Old 12 January 2008, 01:28 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Can we get him to be our PM??
Old 12 January 2008, 01:32 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hectic
Can we get him to be our PM??
Actually, I think you'll find that he's in the transfer market right now.
Old 12 January 2008, 01:33 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Old 12 January 2008, 01:34 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Seems fair enough though, even if it is SIAL.
Old 12 January 2008, 02:01 PM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

That sums up exactly how i feel perfectly.

Dont need to say any more.

Just wish someone in this country had a pair of ***** big enough to stand up and say it.
Old 12 January 2008, 02:50 PM
cnj
Scooby Regular

I agree with everything he says.

Makes me so glad I'm emigrating there this year. Well, that and the fact that the weather's a bit better
Old 12 January 2008, 03:00 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terzo 333
Just got this be e mail, not sure if this is SIAL, but thought it was worth posting.

As said by Australia's Prime Minister, John Howard :

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, British citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

Maybe the Aborigines missed a trick in not coming up with something similar
Old 12 January 2008, 03:17 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The words and sentiments are spot on and should be the sort of robust attitude the UK adopts.
Old 12 January 2008, 03:19 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Best political speech since Churchill's "fight them on the beaches "

Top man.
Old 12 January 2008, 03:20 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Maybe the Aborigines missed a trick in not coming up with something similar
LOL, indeed.

The irony of that speech.
Old 12 January 2008, 03:27 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bloody bang on.

kick out Brown and move in someone like Howard, someone that has some backbone & *****

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 12 January 2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12 January 2008, 04:31 PM
SVXNUT
Scooby Regular

Who Micheal Howard???
Old 12 January 2008, 04:40 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Frankie
Old 12 January 2008, 04:49 PM
330uk
Scooby Regular

How ironic is that. A country based on forced immigration, stealing land and opressing the culture of natives. Asking immigrants to respect English and Christianity. Ha ha ha.
I bet all the English speaking Christians really respected the aboriginies when raping, burning and stealing there country.
If any other prime minister made that speech then it would have been palatable but coming from an Australlian leader, give me a break. Anybody who can read that with a straight face needs a history book.
Old 12 January 2008, 04:55 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 330uk
How ironic is that. A country based on forced immigration, stealing land and opressing the culture of natives. Asking immigrants to respect English and Christianity. Ha ha ha.
I bet all the English speaking Christians really respected the aboriginies when raping, burning and stealing there country.
If any other prime minister made that speech then it would have been palatable but coming from an Australlian leader, give me a break. Anybody who can read that with a straight face needs a history book.
Well said that man.

Be careful though you'll be branded a lefty if you make a sensible well thought out response.

Keep it up
Old 12 January 2008, 05:21 PM
330uk
Scooby Regular

If you want a little history lesson have a read of this

Aboriginal Australians - MSN Encarta

It wasnt until the late 1960's that "AUSTRALIA" accepted aborignies as equal human beings. These are all very recent events, the 60's were not so long ago. They were regarded as lesser people on the land they have lived on for millions of years, by the English speaking "Christians". Simply because they didnt speak English and wernt Christians (and the wrong colour).

To this day they are fighting to get something from Australian government. Thats what makes the speech even more ironic. The Immigrant population of the 19th/20th century hasnt still compensated the natives. But the Australian PM wants the new Immigrants to respect Australia ha ha ha

We really dont need hypocritical liars like John Howard and his government as role models. I would have fatboy Gordan Brown anyday.
Old 12 January 2008, 05:22 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Question

Well said that man.

Be careful though you'll be branded a lefty if you make a sensible well thought out response.

Keep it up
Martin, or anyone really

Ok then slightly different scenario, lets say an English politician had said those exact words - swap UK for any of the Aus bits of course.

how would you feel, would you agree or disagree with it?

Last edited by The Zohan; 12 January 2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12 January 2008, 05:24 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=330uk;7555083]If you want a little HISTORY lesson have a read of this

They were regarded as lesser people on the land they have lived on for millions of years
QUOTE]

They must have lived in harmony along with the dinosaurs then
Old 12 January 2008, 05:44 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Martin, or anyone really

Ok then slightly different scenario, lets say an English politician had said those exact words - swap UK for any of the Aus bits of course.

how would you feel, would you agree or disagree with it?
I agree in part with what he said. I think some of the language used was designed to pander to certain sections. I think to say 'we believe in god', 'because we're christians', was bizarre as I thought all religions believe in a god.

Having said that the Muslim part of our society needs to learn tollerance as much (if not more) than the non-muslim parts.

It's also fair to say hat John Howard's brand of politics has fallen out of favour in Australia
Old 12 January 2008, 05:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I agree in part with what he said. I think some of the language used was designed to pander to certain sections. I think to say 'we believe in god', 'because we're christians', was bizarre as I thought all religions believe in a god.

Having said that the Muslim part of our society needs to learn tollerance as much (if not more) than the non-muslim parts.

It's also fair to say hat John Howard's brand of politics has fallen out of favour in Australia
**** me we pretty much agree, i am agnostic but do believe and respect peoples right to worship.

Either i am going to to start drinking real ale, stare longingly at 2CV's and buy the Guardian or you are gonna join the BNP, not too sure which one of us it is at the mo

Either that or it could just be a sensible (if a little ballsy) policy and approach
Old 12 January 2008, 05:49 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spot-On ...........
Old 12 January 2008, 05:54 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

He or anyone else wouldnt have the brass neck to come up with such diatribe in this country - im quite sure HRH will be grimacing as we speak
Old 12 January 2008, 06:45 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Who's to say there wasn't an indigenous population in Australia before the Aboriginies?
Old 12 January 2008, 06:51 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 330uk
If you want a little history lesson have a read of this

It wasnt until the late 1960's that "AUSTRALIA" accepted aborignies as equal human beings. These are all very recent events, the 60's were not so long ago. They were regarded as lesser people on the land they have lived on for millions of years, by the English speaking "Christians". Simply because they didnt speak English and wernt Christians (and the wrong colour).

To this day they are fighting to get something from Australian government. Thats what makes the speech even more ironic. The Immigrant population of the 19th/20th century hasnt still compensated the natives. But the Australian PM wants the new Immigrants to respect Australia ha ha ha

We really dont need hypocritical liars like John Howard and his government as role models. I would have fatboy Gordan Brown anyday.

John Howard is Prime Minister today, not thousands of years ago. He is fighting for what he believes in. He's not a history teacher, and can't turn back the clock...
Old 12 January 2008, 07:15 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

John Howard is Prime Minister today
Oh no he isn't
Old 12 January 2008, 07:25 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
**** me we pretty much agree, i am agnostic but do believe and respect peoples right to worship.

Either i am going to to start drinking real ale, stare longingly at 2CV's and buy the Guardian or you are gonna join the BNP, not too sure which one of us it is at the mo

Either that or it could just be a sensible (if a little ballsy) policy and approach
Don't beat yourself up , I keeping saying I'm not a lefty!
Old 12 January 2008, 07:49 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

John Howard is Prime Minister today, not thousands of years ago. He is fighting for what he believes in. He's not a history teacher, and can't turn back the clock...
Well apart from the obvious inaccuracy in the above, this isn't an issue of thousands of years ago, it's still an very real issue today.

I have to say that I doubt that this 'speech' is authentic, even John Howard (plonker though he is), when PM could surely not of uttered these words, as Aboriginal issue is so fundamental to the founding of modern Australia, and the injustices are still too keenly felt.

The interesting thing for me is that you got this on email! Quite revealing me thinks....
Old 12 January 2008, 08:13 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic. Australia - the only country where the middle class blame the immigrants AND the natives for all its problems
Old 12 January 2008, 08:17 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Spam mail about a politician who failed and even lost his own seat yet he's the darling of this website's reactionary non-intelligentsia. How very revealing.

Quick Reply: John Howard, a Prime Minister To Be Proud Of !