taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with orange

to cut a long story short and to keep with the facts,

I upgraded my phone and renewed an 18 month contract last nov,
I was told I would get a free i pod with 28 days,
the i pod never arrived,

I'm now told that I am not getting an i pod, and there is a note on my account to say that I was told this when I registered my new sim card a week later,

I wasnt told this and the idea of a free i pod was what made me commit to a new contract,

phoned customer services and they cant help me,I asked to speak to someone who can help me and was told there are no supervisors etc in work,

its the priciple of the whole thing that gets my goat up, they have me by my short and curlys because my broadband free with them, and I, now tied into another 18month contract with a company thats utter useless at everthing apart from taking your money every month

any ideas or am I just wasting my time getting all frustrated about a mp3 player?
Old 10 January 2008, 01:03 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

dont worry, the others are just as bad..

Aol signed me up for 12 months with a free upgrade to 2mb.

after the 14 day cooling off period, they tell me there equipment isnt capable of 2mb, and i will have to wait 6 months..

wait 6 months, "no your lines not capable", wtf, it was always 3mb capable before...

after 11 months they say i got the free upgrade, from 512k to 1mb

i,ve just payed them off (yes they held me to the 12 month contract)

orange only like new customers, upgrades, forget it ( they still owe me a colour tv from euro 2000) !!!

Mart
Old 10 January 2008, 01:17 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Go back and ask for proof of the conversation. They have call logging and with a bit of luck the conversation is still there.

If they can't prove you were told don't accept thier word for it. Tell them you want to escalate to a formal complaint. If theres no one around tell them you'll wait and get the persons name. If they cut you off without reason you can use that against them - but don't shout and be nice and firm.

Orange upgraded my mother and put her on 18 months. They then charged her for the phone. It was only when I rang and put the boot in they refunded the money.

However, I have found thier broadband to be fine. I can even get my livebox to talk to everything in the house and it will download torrents (which is quite a feat as the liveboxes are a bit ****e)
Old 10 January 2008, 01:21 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I have had fantastic service from Orange and have not paid for an upgrade in years and have 'new customer' price plans for my minutes so I can't complain.

The upgrades were to things like Sony P900 and SPV3100 so not cheap handsets either. In fact I got my Orange SPV 3100 about two months before they were available to existing customers. Free.
Old 10 January 2008, 03:44 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

after 12 years loyalty to orange we where rewarded by them passing on our info to one of the authorised suppliers who called up and pretended to be Orange and signed us up to a contract that we said 'no' to.

I took a lot of time and effort to prove that we did not and the only way we got out is that they used my name as the contact name who said 'yes', i was not an authorised signatory on the account.

Otherwise we would have had to put up with them because as they told us - "It is your problem, you agreed"

They treat their customers like stupid sheep - contempt.

I would not use or reccommend them to my worse enemy let alone a friend
Old 10 January 2008, 07:14 PM
Kirsty Towler
Scooby Regular

It could possibly have been a third party dealer that contacted you.
Some of them are very crafty in how they operate.
I used to work for Orange and I would suggest contacting them again and asking them to check the dealer code on your account. Orange have there own as a company and the 3rd parties all have there own individual ones.
If it turns out to be a third party that has contacted you ask the customer service rep to fill out a dealer incident form (I'll be honest - if one person complains it's unlikely that anything will happen, but if enough people complain the company can have the right to sell Orange contracts withdrawn with immediate effect)

Hope you get things sorted out!

Kirsty
Old 11 January 2008, 12:15 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

thanks all, as its free to phone them, I think I might just make it a daily ritual, phoned them again today, and now I'm waiting for the rep who upgraded me to phone me back when he starts his shift, because aparently he is the only one who can sort out this matter,

kirsty it was definately orange, cause I phoned them (150 on the handset), would the conversation I had with them be recorded?
thanks
Taffy
Old 11 January 2008, 01:05 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I would simply send a letter to their Head of Customer Services, documenting the whole saga. Times and dates of calls, who you spoke to etc.
The upshot being that if they cannot resolve the issue within a reasonable amount of time (say 2 earth weeks) you will cancel your direct debit and take the matter to the CAB etc... Threats of media coverage such as BBC1s Botchdog prgramme is a last resort option.
All big comps have a complaints department and the only way to be taken seriously is to write in...
Good lucky luck luck.
Old 11 January 2008, 02:33 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

You should contact the telecoms regulator Ofcom and make acomplaint. That would wake them up.

Follow this link and answer the questions.
Mis-selling of mobile services | Ofcom
Old 11 January 2008, 06:49 PM
Kirsty Towler
Scooby Regular

"would the conversation I had with them be recorded?"

Hi again. Yes I would imagine it would be. If you know the time and date of the call let them know as I would imagine it would save the irritating incompetent and infuriatingly unhelpful bunch of tw*ts, (pinched from elsewhere!) a little time lol!
On a more serious note, you can ask Orange for a full copy of all of the notes on your account (which they are legally obliged to provide - free of charge).
If any ammendments have been made to the account there is no way for them to change the date that the notes were added. Was drummed into us in training lol.

Hope you get things sorted out soon, and anything else give me a shout x
Old 14 January 2008, 05:27 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

I,ve been phoning every day, got a result today, spoke to the guy that did the upgrade and he says he remembers offering me the i pod,and he's gonna pass on the details to the relevant desk and get one sent out, bloody chancers if you ask me, I must of phoned 7 times in the past week, I bet their hoping people will just give up,
I'll wait and see if one turns up
Old 14 January 2008, 05:34 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Must have a bloody good memory if he can remember every deal he's done over the phone. Sounds like a con to me.
Old 14 January 2008, 07:22 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

yeh, its more like he can remember the i pods he has tried to scam off customers he's dealt with in the past 6 weeks

the funny thing is that the guy that put me through to him told me that the guy who done the deal is a team leader, and then when I spoke to him, he said he was goona give the details to a team leader to process,
its all bloody bo!!ocks if you ask me
as long as I get my new i pod I'll be happy
Old 14 January 2008, 07:22 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Last edited by taffyboyo; 14 January 2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: double post