Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"Uncleared" Paypal Payment.

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2008, 11:30 AM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry "Uncleared" Paypal Payment.

I have used paypal to but things off eBay for well over 18 months and never had a problem.
I bought a few things off eBay on the 31st December but still haven't recieved them so e mailed the sellers who pointed out the payment was "Unclear".
This has never happened to me before, payment has always been pretty much instant.
Is there anything I can do to push the payment on, I am fairly desperate for the items now.

Thanks
Old 09 January 2008, 11:32 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you've paid by eCheque by accident! Takes anything up to 10 days or more to clear
Old 09 January 2008, 12:04 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Sounds like you've paid by eCheque by accident! Takes anything up to 10 days or more to clear
Is there any way I can cancel this payment and pay in the "traditional" paypal way ?

How do I stop this happening in the futrure ?

Thanks
Old 09 January 2008, 12:08 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terzo 333
Is there any way I can cancel this payment
Not as far as I know, but you could ask the other person if you can pay by "normal" paypal and if they'll refund the other when it clears. Depends if you trust them

and pay in the "traditional" paypal way ?
See above

How do I stop this happening in the futrure ?

Thanks
If you have a pypal balance this should be used by default. If not make sure you have DD or a credit card set up. I think you can then set your payment options to use CC or DD as thr back up.
Old 09 January 2008, 12:18 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terzo 333
I have used paypal to but things off eBay for well over 18 months and never had a problem.
I bought a few things off eBay on the 31st December but still haven't recieved them so e mailed the sellers who pointed out the payment was "Unclear".
This has never happened to me before, payment has always been pretty much instant.
Is there anything I can do to push the payment on, I am fairly desperate for the items now.

Thanks

Same thing happened to us recently even though we have a verified bank account and DD set up.

Usually paypal makes the payment straight away to the seller and then debits the bank with the DD in the relevant amount, but for some reason this time Paypal debited our account, waited for reciept of the funds and then paid the seller. Took over 10 days to clear.

Never happened before, and we didn't change the payment method/bank/etc Emailed Paypal for explanation, but nothing came back.
Old 09 January 2008, 01:24 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

I think paypal have changed the way they make payments when you use your bank account to make a payment rather than a credit card. I have noticed the same thing, up until a few weeks ago it was instant now it takes 9 days to clear. To get around it I logged onto my paypal account and changed my payment details to our joint account debit card (rather than my own bank account details) and now it pays instantly.
Old 09 January 2008, 02:00 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I had a subhuman student scum bucket pay me this way for an item on ebay and it took nearly 2 weeks to clear...
Grrr....

Trending Topics

Old 09 January 2008, 02:30 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

I had exactly the same thing - about 4 weeks ago.

Paid as normal, a week later no goods - I contacted the seller who said my PP payment was not clearing?????? I looked and he was right. In the end took 10 days as others said. Been using paypal from the start and used it 100's of times - first time it happened to me too.
Old 09 January 2008, 03:16 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

That explains why I've not had what I ordered!