Tragic start to 08

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2008, 12:36 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tragic start to 08

Three People Die In Car Crash With Bus In London |Sky News|House Ads

Thoughts to the families. Hope alcohol was not involved, but somehow...............

Actually saw all the ES vehicles rushing there on my way home
Old 01 January 2008, 12:41 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

ditto what micheal said, hope alcohol wasnt to blame.

thoughts to the families of those concerned
Old 01 January 2008, 01:12 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Just been on the news, my god that car is messy
Old 01 January 2008, 01:19 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Just speculating.... wrong I know.
But notice the car appears to have impacted, passenger side, and is at a bus stop??

Could it have **** ended a bus? Hitting the unforgiving engine.
Was foggy in places this morning and some SERIOUS arseholes driving on the M1 in the early hours.
Old 01 January 2008, 01:24 PM
JP4
Scooby Regular

Location: 700+ WR1 aka The Vuvu Zela...10.6 @ 136 weighing 1370kg....say no more....

Originally Posted by Snazy
Was foggy in places this morning and some SERIOUS arseholes driving on the M1 in the early hours.

Amazes me how people do not slow down when it's really foggy, heavy rain or slush on the roads ....they don't seem to quite appreciate how a car reacts under different road conditions
Old 01 January 2008, 01:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JP4
Amazes me how people do not slow down when it's really foggy, heavy rain or slush on the roads ....they don't seem to quite appreciate how a car reacts under different road conditions

I was doing about 40 thru the SPECS due to the fog, was being overtaken by people at way over 100 easily.

The number of people driving with their full beam on, fogs when it was gone, broken headlights etc, I was going mental.

Done MK and back twice yesterday from South London, good journey, shame about the idiots on the roads.
Old 01 January 2008, 01:37 PM
JP4
Scooby Regular

Location: 700+ WR1 aka The Vuvu Zela...10.6 @ 136 weighing 1370kg....say no more....

I was doing about 40 thru the SPECS due to the fog, was being overtaken by people at way over 100 easily.

The number of people driving with their full beam on, fogs when it was gone, broken headlights etc, I was going mental.

Done MK and back twice yesterday from South London, good journey, shame about the idiots on the roads.

There was a **** the other evening in front of me who's rear lights weren't working ....then after a few mins another idiot driving without any lights .... on the opposite side

MK- did you like the roundabouts
Old 01 January 2008, 01:41 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JP4
There was a **** the other evening in front of me who's rear lights weren't working ....then after a few mins another idiot driving without any lights .... on the opposite side

MK- did you like the roundabouts

lol the sat nav looked like it had chicken pox it had so many dots on it
Picked a mate up for the London Fireworks, took him home in the early hours

Im stunned year after year how poor the quality of driving on London's roads!
and the motorways of course.

Had a woman at about 8pm on the A406 by Brent Cross, come off the flyover, in the wrong lane, almost stop in the 3rd lane, then as I approached (with caution) from lane 2, just turn straight in front of me. Hard on horn, light on brakes, and she looked petrified....
If the roads scare you........... DONT DRIVE !
Old 01 January 2008, 09:04 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Had a woman at about 8pm on the A406 by Brent Cross, come off the flyover, in the wrong lane, almost stop in the 3rd lane, then as I approached (with caution) from lane 2, just turn straight in front of me. Hard on horn, light on brakes, and she looked petrified....
If the roads scare you........... DONT DRIVE !

EXACTLY!! Heard the other day about some woman who has a driving phobia(?!).. she was stopped by police when driving on the motoway.. at 10mph! She was straddling the slow lane and hard shoulder on the M32, repeatedly jamming on the brakes... She even had a sign in the back saying 'I don't drive fast, please overtake' !!!

Back on topic.. I saw the pictures this morning and what a mess! Fatal accidents are never wished on anyone - particularly this time of year.

heard yesterday that a friends girlfriend died on the Thursday before Christmas in an accident. her car crossed the central reservation of a local by-pass and hit van going the other way. She died at the scene.

Terrible news for anyone to face
Old 01 January 2008, 09:12 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Jesus Ginge, not god, thoughts are with all those who lost someone, today and last night seem to have tallyed up huge count through various forms of death

As for the driving phobia, its shocking, and I dont understand how they get past a test!
Old 01 January 2008, 09:19 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Nope not good

The driving phobia woman ... she should be banned for life!!
Woman with 'fear of driving' facing a ban for crawling along motorway at 10mph | the Daily Mail
Old 01 January 2008, 10:08 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmmmm it's not suprising,i mean anyone can still pass a driving test and head out onto the motorway without having proved your a competent driver on high speed roads.see it all the time,alot of drivers dont even know how to enter a motorway correctly.they come on at 40mph and still brake slowing down even more,and the amount of accidents thats happening now..