Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

vodafone advice...

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2007, 08:39 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vodafone advice...

been with them for years, pretty much trouble free.

kept the same number, and generally upgraded after every 12 months is up.

this is the problem. last time i upgraded, i wanted a particular phone... for free. i got this phone, agreed on a 12 month (not 18 month) contract on two conditions...

1. i return my old phone as a £45 exchange (no problem there, as i didnt want it and it was fooked)
2. i take out a £10 a month sim card which i could end after the first 28 days if i wish.

so it was agreed the above and i got my phone. but the phones crap. cuts out, sometimes wont let me save numbers, sometimes alarm dont work. lots of little things. so i wish to upgrade, a bit early, but i dont mind another 12 months being put onto this contract as long as i get a good phone. thing its up for renewal around april-june time.

but on my recent bills its come up as im on a 18 month deal, which i know im not.

question is... when i ring them to challenge this, how do i go about it. surely the phone calls i have made in the past regarding upgrades are recorded? should i be persistant or threaten to not pay my bills. they are a stubborn bunch, but ive never had major issues before.

advice much appreciated before i ring up this afternoon.

andy
Old 20 December 2007, 08:43 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just phone 191 and dont start off in a rant I'm sure someone will try and help you..

But.. Problem with vodafone is they are not very consumer focused, they prefer to deal with business customers so if you tell them your gonna leave I can pretty much guarentee you that they will say "Ok sir, I'll just forward you to disconnections" lol
Old 20 December 2007, 08:43 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

They are a pain in the ***.

I have the 6300 and it plays up all the time. People call me without the phone ringing and the only time I know if they have called is if voicemail phones me back!

I am tied in until August and have to live with it. I will be sending it away for repair though.

I would speak to them, but if your contract says 18 months then I would check the first bill that came through from them once you upgraded last time. Make sure it said 12 months on that.

Failing that the only other way to do this is buy a sim free phone and swap sims so you are not tied in any longer.

I for one will be moving away from Vodafone once my contract is up.
Old 20 December 2007, 09:07 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife has the best idea (IMO), she has a monthy SIM only contract with Orange. She pays £35 a month for 1200 minutes and there is no tie in. This also includes free landline calls etc, etc.

Okay, she doesn't get a phone with it, but for the money saved you can buy a phone anyway.

Then when you get fed up with the useless service cancel it and hop to another provider.

Of course, if you've bought your own phone it will be covered by the manufacturers warrantee anyway.
Old 20 December 2007, 09:36 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Just phone 191 and dont start off in a rant I'm sure someone will try and help you..

But.. Problem with vodafone is they are not very consumer focused, they prefer to deal with business customers so if you tell them your gonna leave I can pretty much guarentee you that they will say "Ok sir, I'll just forward you to disconnections" lol
I asked them for a porting code last time my contract was up, mainly because they wouldn't give me the phone I wanted free, got a call a few days later and was offered the phone for free provided I signed up for another 18 months. So not all bad.

Next time though I will be leaving them, no specific problem with them just that I don't get much signal in the house where I'm living now so seems pointless staying with them.
Old 20 December 2007, 09:59 AM
P1-Brad
Scooby Regular

I arranged a 12 month deal with Vodafone last time I upgraded (had to pay a bit extra) and saw recently that my tarriff was xxx18M ... I took this to mean an 18 month deal but when I checked in the Vodafone store they confirmed I was on a 12 month deal ... worth checking!
Old 20 December 2007, 12:44 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
been with them for years, pretty much trouble free.

kept the same number, and generally upgraded after every 12 months is up.

this is the problem. last time i upgraded, i wanted a particular phone... for free. i got this phone, agreed on a 12 month (not 18 month) contract on two conditions...

1. i return my old phone as a £45 exchange (no problem there, as i didnt want it and it was fooked)
2. i take out a £10 a month sim card which i could end after the first 28 days if i wish.

so it was agreed the above and i got my phone. but the phones crap. cuts out, sometimes wont let me save numbers, sometimes alarm dont work. lots of little things. so i wish to upgrade, a bit early, but i dont mind another 12 months being put onto this contract as long as i get a good phone. thing its up for renewal around april-june time.

but on my recent bills its come up as im on a 18 month deal, which i know im not.

question is... when i ring them to challenge this, how do i go about it. surely the phone calls i have made in the past regarding upgrades are recorded? should i be persistant or threaten to not pay my bills. they are a stubborn bunch, but ive never had major issues before.

advice much appreciated before i ring up this afternoon.

andy
If the phone doesnt work then get it replaced. Its under warranty for the full contract. I had a problem with charger making a weird sound and they sent a complete new phone and kit out next day.

Simon