Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whats the logic behind this ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2007, 02:51 AM
serega
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the logic behind this ?

Since i've put a loud exhaust on the car, i seem to be getting stopped by the cops every day - every time i pass a cop even if i creep around slowly, he immediately turns around and goes to turn his siren on.

So why do they do that ? Do they think that if i put a loud exhaust on a subaru im more likely to be a criminal with expired license or no insurance ?
Infact i would argue against it, why the hell does anyone without proper documentation or with drugs in his boot needs attention ?

Why cant there be a pulled over card or something that you'd get every time you get stopped? Obviously if my documents are alright now, they wont stop working an hour later.

Why do you have to produce an insurance at the post office before they give you a road tax ? Why if you have a road tax, do they still ask for your insurance every time ?

When will they learn that criminals never show off, and people who like attention are very rarely criminals?

I rented a VW golf for a month once and was amazed at how many things cops just let go - on numerous occaisions i have overtook them going above the speed limit without a single glance. Even done a wheel spin when they were standing right next to me from the traffic light, and at the next traffic light, the only thing i got, was a sign. Was stopped 0 times for that month that i had the golf, and i drove like a ****** every day..

Now i just feel like im to blame for all the wrongs in the world, as to how much police resources are wasted just on me alone.

Feels like im a jew in a **** germany.
Old 13 December 2007, 06:19 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Old 13 December 2007, 06:53 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Put your standard legal exhaust back on then ............
Old 13 December 2007, 07:52 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by serega
When will they learn that criminals never show off, and people who like attention are very rarely criminals?
Doesn't work like that.
Old 13 December 2007, 08:21 AM
Reality
BANNED

They aren't allowed to pick on ****** anymore.

They have to pick on someone.

Hopefully they'll go on strike - I wonder how long it would be before anyone noticed they were striking !
Old 13 December 2007, 08:30 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

I would notice if they went on strike near me, quite a reasonable visible presence of bobbies on the beat again, which can only be a good thing

And real Bobbies too, not the support officers either
Old 13 December 2007, 08:32 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sonic'
I would notice if they went on strike near me, quite a reasonable visible presence of bobbies on the beat again, which can only be a good thing

And real Bobbies too, not the support officers either
Do you work in a police station canteen
Old 13 December 2007, 09:24 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why if you have a road tax, do they still ask for your insurance every time ?
because less law abiding people get road tax on a cover note, then cancel the insurance....

just carry your docs with you and you'll be away in 5 minutes. - simple
Old 13 December 2007, 09:38 AM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

Maybe they are making the leap between "loud exhaust" and "drives like a ****".

"Even done a wheel spin when they were standing right next to me from the traffic light"

Maybe they have a point.
Old 13 December 2007, 09:44 AM
Santas Elf
Scooby Regular

i drove like a ****** every day..
Well that's a bag of coal for you then
Old 13 December 2007, 11:46 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Since i've put a loud exhaust on the car, i seem to be getting stopped by the cops every day - every time i pass a cop even if i creep around slowly, he immediately turns around and goes to turn his siren on.

So why do they do that ? Do they think that if i put a loud exhaust on a subaru im more likely to be a criminal with expired license or no insurance ?
Infact i would argue against it, why the hell does anyone without proper documentation or with drugs in his boot needs attention ?

Why cant there be a pulled over card or something that you'd get every time you get stopped? Obviously if my documents are alright now, they wont stop working an hour later.

Why do you have to produce an insurance at the post office before they give you a road tax ? Why if you have a road tax, do they still ask for your insurance every time ?

I rented a VW golf for a month once and was amazed at how many things cops just let go - on numerous occaisions i have overtook them going above the speed limit without a single glance. Even done a wheel spin when they were standing right next to me from the traffic light, and at the next traffic light, the only thing i got, was a sign. Was stopped 0 times for that month that i had the golf, and i drove like a ****** every day..

Now i just feel like im to blame for all the wrongs in the world, as to how much police resources are wasted just on me alone.

what area are you in?

can someone confirm this .. i heard in leicester its very strict with tinted windows.
Old 13 December 2007, 11:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Under the circumastances that you have related to us, I cannot believe that you even bothered to ask the question!

Les
Old 13 December 2007, 03:36 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

The point is: i always drive slowly around city center ( I live in london so im 90% of the time im in the city center ) in my own car and yet im still stopped every day.

And when i was driving a normal car, i was allowed to get away with nearly everything. And cops witnessed that on a few occaisions without any consequence?

So why does it matter for them what exhaust i have on ?
Old 13 December 2007, 03:38 PM
Santas Elf
Scooby Regular

The point is: i always drive slowly around city center ( I live in london so im 90% of the time im in the city center ) in my own car and yet im still stopped every day
Do you have gold teeth?
Old 13 December 2007, 03:39 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza
because less law abiding people get road tax on a cover note, then cancel the insurance....

just carry your docs with you and you'll be away in 5 minutes. - simple
So what is the point of me showing my insurance to get the road tax at the post office, if they think that i will cancel it the next day anyway?
Old 13 December 2007, 03:40 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Santas Elf
Do you have gold teeth?
Nope, but even if i did - its not like i smile at them when i see them
Old 13 December 2007, 03:42 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Not sure how you're being stopped every day, I can drive around for weeks without seeing a police car and I drive past 2 police stations on the way to work
Old 13 December 2007, 03:47 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I have been stopped twice in 7 years of owning mine and it stands out like a ***** at a prostitutes wedding
Old 13 December 2007, 03:50 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

I Live in zone 1, and usually drive in a 2 miles radius maximum from that. So its mostly posh areas of London that im in - probably that has something to do with ?
I lived in Docklands for 2 years before that, and driving from there to Kings cross everyday i very rarely met a copper
Old 13 December 2007, 03:52 PM
Santas Elf
Scooby Regular

If I saw a scoob in the big smoke I'd assume he was a criminal as well
Old 13 December 2007, 04:14 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one has ever stopped me for my dust bin sized exhaust in the 4 years of driving my scoob

they just laugh
Old 13 December 2007, 04:18 PM
Santas Elf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
no one has ever stopped me for my dust bin sized exhaust in the 4 years of driving my scoob

they just laugh
Are you sure it was actually your exhaust and that you didn't reverse over a dustbin at some point?
Old 13 December 2007, 04:20 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Santas Elf
Are you sure it was actually your exhaust and that you didn't reverse over a dustbin at some point?
#

you could be right

i usually reverse into muddy banks so my exhaust looks like a giant pie cutter
Old 14 December 2007, 01:22 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Write a letter of complaint to the Chief Constable for your area. I am sure you will get the best of attention from him!

Les
Old 14 December 2007, 07:21 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I have never been stopped for my exhaust in three years, I have been stopped but for other things
Old 14 December 2007, 07:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Be white, middle class and drive a 250 bhp Saab and nobody notices you however fast you go !