Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I hate small children.... in fact ANY children!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2007, 11:05 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I hate small children.... in fact ANY children!!

Well I feckin do!

Went to some 'friends' last Saturday who've got a 3 year old boy, typical size.. blonde hair, walks like he's laying a turd all the time!

And I arrive and its suddenly "Uncle flaming Gene" ... the last time I saw him was around 2 years ago and all he did was bounce around in some wobbly chair thing.... and now it's feckin playtime featuring ME!

The annoying thing was he was charging around screaming, throwing toys at me, standing between me and his parents shouting for me to play "brum brums" with him and not ONCE did they tell him to stop shouting! and the SCREAMING... I thought it would never stop!!

To cap it all he DRIBBLES all the time, and then proceeds to WIPE HIS FECKIN FACE on my jeans as well.... not water dribble.... FULL ON SLIME/SNOT ghostbusters style dribble!!

Then he starts coughing... and today I've noticed a feckin cough as well, so I've probably been infected now

I can't see the attraction... I really can't...!!
Old 10 December 2007, 11:09 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Couldnt eat a whole one
Old 10 December 2007, 11:16 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Fiancee and I have both agreed (both 25 now) that we are still not ready to have kids. We don't walk by mums and babies going 'arrr'. More often than not we say things like, 'I bet she's not getting much sleep!'.
I have a 3 yr old neice and I am sooooo glad that I can hand her back at the end of the day.
I still feel like a child myself, so f&ck knows how i'd raise one!
How do these 14 yr old mums cope?
Old 10 December 2007, 11:16 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Uncle Gene"
Old 10 December 2007, 11:17 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

LMAO - they're great little germ spreaders aren't they!
I've now got a annual "cold" which my kids have been carrying around for weeks. Problem is - everyone else gets ill and I cater for them - then I'M ill and its business as usual for everyone else!
Isn't the whole "uncle" thing a term of respect??? I can remember when I was a kid - my neighbours and close friends were referred to as "uncle" or "auntie".
personally though - I think if I had visitors whilst my kids were unwell - I'd at elast give prior warning and give my kids tissues!!!!
Old 10 December 2007, 11:19 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Any man that has not impregnated a woman will always have a question mark over thier heads as to thier man-status.

Basically, if you havent fathered children, there is every chance you could "turn".

Old 10 December 2007, 11:19 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
State benefit and alcohol/drugs probably!?!
Old 10 December 2007, 11:20 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

State alcopops
Old 10 December 2007, 11:20 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I have NO idea - but isn't that the point - that sometimes they don't!
I have three kids - the eldest will be 4 in January - and I can honestly say that I have never been able to udnerstand how I would've done this at the tender age of 15/16. But then again - i was probably the most unmaternal person known to mankind - but sometimes circumstances change people - and now, I wouldn't be without them - just LOVE to lose them for the odd weekend here and there
Old 10 December 2007, 11:22 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Ms Gooner 1
- i was probably the most unmaternal person known to mankind -
I flaming AM..... I'm with Pete on this one, I'd rather go homo
Old 10 December 2007, 11:24 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

FWIW, I'd slap the parents. Get them to keep the kid under control. Yes, I know that he's only 3, but that's not the point.

My youngest is 4, and she wouldn't even dream of acting like that. Yes, there's a time for fun etc, but in my case, both of my two know that when fun time's over, to go an amuse themselves with their toys/dolls etc......

There's also NO excuse for letting the poor child run around with a snot moustache!!!! BOO to the parents!!

Dan

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Well I feckin do!

Went to some 'friends' last Saturday who've got a 3 year old boy, typical size.. blonde hair, walks like he's laying a turd all the time!

And I arrive and its suddenly "Uncle flaming Gene" ... the last time I saw him was around 2 years ago and all he did was bounce around in some wobbly chair thing.... and now it's feckin playtime featuring ME!

The annoying thing was he was charging around screaming, throwing toys at me, standing between me and his parents shouting for me to play "brum brums" with him and not ONCE did they tell him to stop shouting! and the SCREAMING... I thought it would never stop!!

To cap it all he DRIBBLES all the time, and then proceeds to WIPE HIS FECKIN FACE on my jeans as well.... not water dribble.... FULL ON SLIME/SNOT ghostbusters style dribble!!

Then he starts coughing... and today I've noticed a feckin cough as well, so I've probably been infected now

Old 10 December 2007, 11:25 AM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Don't say that, mine is due in a 4 weeks! I hate parents who are like that, my wife had her friend round the other day with her 12 month old boy. As soon as she put him down he was at my new AV amp messing with the switches and LICKING my TV.......oh he loves messing with our home cinema she say's, well I don't so get the f@ck off my stuff you little Tw@t. I had some other friends round who let there son jump all over our leather sofa in his wellies and never said a word.

We have some other friends and when they come round the little girl is very good and does not leap all over the sofa etc.........I blame the parents
Old 10 December 2007, 11:25 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Being a father means you can go to toys r us and look at all the toys.

Although its hard to defend buying a train set for a 6 year old girl
Old 10 December 2007, 11:37 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told this guy was going to get me if I was bad

Old 10 December 2007, 11:39 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Well I feckin do!

And Donna had told me she was going shopping, you didn't say you were calling round 'Uncle'

Seriously though Andrew is like that quite a lot of the time, but he does have major problems,

Dan you can't slap the parents for having a child with a disablilty, and for anyone who thinks that should be shot
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I was told this guy was going to get me if I was bad

Wish I could've called him last Saturday
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll accept your complaint Gene, out of order.

I also used to hate them / be flummoxed by them. Then I had one myself, and the brain chemistry changes. Awww, aren't they sweet?

chrispurvis, from my experience, a) you're never "ready" and b) don't wait too late. Had my first at 38 and bloody hell they're a handful. All I'm thinking is "I wish I'd done this when I was younger and fitter".

Finally - our little darling has spent time in Portugal, Spain, France, Cyprus, Italy, the USA, Japan, and the UK. The only time she was ever given disapproving looks and I was told to "please keep your child under control" was in the UK, she was adored everywhere else. The Victorian mentality towards children still holds true on the island. Nice principle, shame that British kids grow up to be the thugs of Europe
Old 10 December 2007, 11:43 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Sonic'
And Donna had told me she was going shopping, you didn't say you were calling round 'Uncle'
*ahem* ..... Play quietly now, Uncle Gene's just popping upstairs to help mummy with something heavy
Old 10 December 2007, 11:45 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

I think our society is probably one of the most lax when it comes to child discipline! I agree that there are children out there that do have seious problems, a friend of mine, her little boy has Aspergers!
However, I can't stand it when parent's blame ADHD for the bad behaviour of their children. I apologise to anyone here that DOES genuinely have a child with ADHD - but it seems now that that has become the new term for ANY child with behavioural problems and that is just not the case!
Bad parenting, poor diets, crap TV programmes are but a few things to blame for children's attitudes these days! Ask yourselves this - did YOU get away with alot of behaviour that is deemed acceptable these days when you were a kid!!! Hell No!
Old 10 December 2007, 11:57 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well I feckin do!

Are you really called Gene, or is the lad into SN?

Les
Old 10 December 2007, 12:05 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

I blame the parents - I have two sons who are now teenagers, but when they were toddlers they behaved - or else

Shopping last week confronted me with four of my pet hates:

1. People walking around in a daze
2. People pushing buggies
3. People who can't control their brats
4. People gassing on mobiles

Or some permutation or combination of any, or in some cases all, of the above
Old 10 December 2007, 12:12 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'

Dan you can't slap the parents for having a child with a disablilty, and for anyone who thinks that should be shot
Very true - however, nowhere in the context of DCI's post does it state that the child is disabled (unless I've misread the situation). And if this is the case, I wholeheartedly apologize, as there is disability history within my own family.

However, any perfectly-abled child needs discipline (of varying degrees) - but this comes from stance that the parents need to discipline the child. End of.

DAn
Old 10 December 2007, 12:16 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Very true - however, nowhere in the context of DCI's post does it state that the child is disabled (unless I've misread the situation). And if this is the case, I wholeheartedly apologize, as there is disability history within my own family.

However, any perfectly-abled child needs discipline (of varying degrees) - but this comes from stance that the parents need to discipline the child. End of.

DAn
Snot Machine isn't disabled.... that's entirely different kettle of fish, this one's just rude and needs social 'realignment' or boot camp
Old 10 December 2007, 12:17 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

DCI UNCLE FLAMING GENE HUNT just dosent have the same ring to it

Let me introduce you to my two darlings and they are a perfect advert for birth control
Old 10 December 2007, 12:19 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

I flaming AM..... I'm with Pete on this one, I'd rather go homo

Fair enough DCI, you and Pete get to it - as long as we don't need to watch !!
Old 10 December 2007, 12:22 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Fair enough DCI, you and Pete get to it - as long as we don't need to watch !!
But I can't do the high pitched & camp voice you need to be a "proper gay"
Old 10 December 2007, 12:24 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555

DAn
Dan you didn't mis-read Gene's post

It is the standard response that it is the parents fault, and most people (blinkered usually) think the kids just need a damn good slap, when in fact they know absolutely nothing

We get those looks ALL the time when out and about with Andrew, are we to stick him in a wheelchair for people to stop staring and making comments under their breath?, but then why should we advertise his disability

I know 'some' kids do need to be kept in check (like the other two ) but mental disabilities are a completly different kettle of fish
Old 10 December 2007, 12:25 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

But I can't do the high pitched & camp voice you need to be a "proper gay"
Doesn't that depend when you're a "giver" or a "receiver" though ?
Old 10 December 2007, 12:26 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

Lack of discipline is one major problem.
Lack of respect for other people, their space and their things is an even bigger problem now (why don't kids get taught this any more?).

I was on a 11 hour overnight flight recently. There was a kid of about 5, sitting a few rows ahead of me who screamed and cried for at least 7 of those hours, with the parents doing absolutely nothing to keep him quiet. When I eventually lost patience and said "Would somebody please shut that f***ing kid up, I'm trying to sleep", then I get dirty looks from half the cabin.
It's absolute madness!!!

How can we expect kids to know how to behave if we never set boundries, and consequences for overstepping those boundries.

It seems people are too busy trying to be their child's best friend, insted of realising all the child really needs is the guidence and discipline of a parent.
Old 10 December 2007, 12:27 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

kids are the best thing that can happen to you,

they should be under control though and well mannered , thats down to the parents,.
my lad is a little monkey ask j4cko he will tell you, but he is well mannered and polite and would never jump around anyone elses furniture because he darent do it at home.

Quick Reply: I hate small children.... in fact ANY children!!