Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Royal mail - WTF

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2007, 05:35 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Royal mail - WTF

ok i had a parcel delivered today while i was at work, they wouldn't leave it even though i left a note asking them to as it was to be signed for.

I've got the card they left and thought they'd done a misprint on the opening hours - 7.00am - 12.30pm mon-sat

i've phoned to find an answerphone recording and it wont take messages and their website is down

now comming up to xmas why have they gone to 1/2 days? who can take 1/2 days holiday to collect parcels in the mornings?

wish old Branson would set up in competition - this service is no better than when they were on strike
Old 29 November 2007, 05:51 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robby
ok i had a parcel delivered today while i was at work, they wouldn't leave it even though i left a note asking them to as it was to be signed for.

I've got the card they left and thought they'd done a misprint on the opening hours - 7.00am - 12.30pm mon-sat

i've phoned to find an answerphone recording and it wont take messages and their website is down

now comming up to xmas why have they gone to 1/2 days? who can take 1/2 days holiday to collect parcels in the mornings?

wish old Branson would set up in competition - this service is no better than when they were on strike

soo soorry 2 hear that mate.. but dont b suprice as ive had loads of problems with these sort of to$$ers all da time..

I've siged up for a redirection for all my mails along with parcel's ur not gona believe what hapened but *** all comes thur.. I have 2 go t my old house & wait like a chav outside my old place sad but true!
Old 29 November 2007, 05:54 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well in the past 2 years we've had at least 6 parcels go missing - if you can find a number for the depot (ex directory?) and manage to speak to someone they're usless - never return calls and always blame the sender???????
Old 29 November 2007, 05:54 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robby

the parcel will be at the sorting office matey

the sorting offices only opperate whilst the mail/parcels etc are processed and delivered,our office is open from 6:00-1:00

give them a bell and ask for re-delivery if and when you can get through

cheers marcus

p.s dont hold your breathe if they are as dis-organised and under staffed as my office though,mountains of parcel's with no-one available or willing to deliver
Old 29 November 2007, 05:59 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

The best bit is you have a week to collect or they will return to sender and you'll have to fork out again.

Am I wrong or years ago did they try and re-deliver before collection?
Old 29 November 2007, 06:18 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
The best bit is you have a week to collect or they will return to sender and you'll have to fork out again.

Am I wrong or years ago did they try and re-deliver before collection?
naa they re-deliver & if there's no luck then they give u another chance to pick it up from the sorting place & still no luck then it go's back to the person who sent it to you.. BUT if there aint no return address then it just stays at the sorting place till someone comes to pick it up or reports goods or mail being lost.... AFTER it go's to another place where all da lost once are & try to returns every1's good's which is done harrrrrrrrrdly ever...

They need someone to go head to head with them in there own game, then watch there service
Old 29 November 2007, 06:26 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

They don't try and redeliver around here. It's try once then collect within a week, after that tough titty.
Old 01 December 2007, 10:44 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

royal mail are useless.

i've raised 10-12 complaints the past 6 months for them delivering mail to us wrongly.

had managers out 2/3 times. and they still cant deliver it properly.

how difficult it is to read the address on the letter and then check the big wooden sign saying our house name right below the post box ?

and as for parcels / packets that are too big to fit in the postbox.....write a card without ringing the bell when people are watching him writing the card !

waste of space.
Old 01 December 2007, 11:21 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I'm keeping schtum.

I live a 5 minute walk from the local sorting office and always rely on the parcel NOT being delivered. I get the note, I pop round on the way to work in the morning and pick up whatever has been missed.
Works perfectly for me everytime.

& the people at the depot are very efficient!
Old 01 December 2007, 11:30 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i had a parcel arrive on the 26th of november while i was out, postie left a card.

usuall wait 48 hours and come and collect it from the sorting office.

i went to collect it on the 30th, only to find it never arrived at the sorting office, and they dont know when it will

apperently its got something to do with the posties "bag box" or some other bollocks excuse.

they told me to try again the following day as it might be in (wtf it said 48 hours)

ohhh how suprised i was when at 12oclock the front doorbell went and the postie gave me my mail with the parcel, the parcel had a sticker on it saying delivery had been reorganised for friday

errrrrrrrrr nobody reorganised the delivery from my end, i still have the card in my laptop bag.

thoughts

1. postie tried to mislay the CD`s ?
2. they really are as thick as i suspect, and compleatly spazzed out yet again
Old 02 December 2007, 02:09 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

08.30-15.00 mon-fri
08.00-12.00 sat

not bad for little ol' scunny.

to be honest my posties is a genuinely good guy. if it needs to be signed for, but im in bed and it will fit in the letter box, he still posts it anyways

sorting office are efficient too. even when theres a que. they'll get another person to help the collections desk

genuinely cant fault them as of yet...
Old 02 December 2007, 02:22 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Perriam
royal mail are useless.

i've raised 10-12 complaints the past 6 months for them delivering mail to us wrongly.
Had a redirect put on when we moved house. 10 weeks later Standard life decided to demutualise and members had the first option on 16000 shares at £2.10. This was guaranteed profit. Trading opened at 2.80. A week later RM decided to deliver my share option letter. If I had recieved it on time, I would have made about 12k. I wrote to them to complain. They gave me a book of first class stamps as compensation.... brilliant
Old 02 December 2007, 09:50 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

i sent a recorded delivery to pay for something on ebay and it never arrived

5 days later a knock on the door from an official looking chap, brief case id etc it was a royal mail investigator, they caught someone stealing my mail and he came to return it to me and take a statement so he could prosecute !!! he said so many thefts go without prosecution due to no sender details ie cant prove origin etc

my faith was restored in royal mail, well atleast for a while till we had the fooking strikes then i was waiting a month or so for a bloody parcel