Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Argos

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2007, 04:39 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Argos

was in there today buying a new toothbrush, the one from hotukdeals, paid on the kiosk and it told me there was a 5 minute wait. so off I pop to starbucks for a large latte, when i return i go straight to the counter to collect my goods, 2 member of the Argos chunky jewellery crew commented on my "pushing infront of them" I asked what their ticker number was and pointed out that you only stand at the feckin collection point once your number has been called out these chavs gave me a dirty look and continued to block the collection point..

how do these morons get on in life, how do they ever get out of bed in amorning? complete and utter ****s IMO

yes i know the majority of Argos customers are on the lower end of the IQ spectrum but ffs this is basic stuff.

Last edited by gazza-uk; 25 November 2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 25 November 2007, 04:41 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazza-uk

yes i know the majority of Argos customers are on the lower end of the IQ spectrum but ffs this is basic stuff.

Daft comment, I'm sure the majority of people have bought something from Argos.
Old 25 November 2007, 05:02 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

It really does make me laugh the way some folks on here go on about certain retail outlets 'Argos, ASDA' etc etc

What does it matter who shops where, would you rather spend a lot more money for something just so you wont be seen in the likes of Argos etc

I have bought some things from Argos, because they have been a damn site cheaper there than anywhere else (even the internet)

I shop at ASDA as it is cheaper than the other supermarkets in the area, and im sorry but Heinz Baked Beans from ASDA are exactly the same as Heinz Baked Beans from Harrods/M&S/Waitrose etc
Old 25 November 2007, 05:08 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

We can be chavs together Sonic' lol
Old 25 November 2007, 05:12 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
We can be chavs together Sonic' lol
I already am now

Scoob with stickers on it - Chav

4x4 Gas Guzzler - Pikey Chav

Shop at ASDA - council chav scum

Shop at ARGOS - bigger pikey council chav scum

had a Staffy - worst pikey council skinhead chav scum you could ever meet

yep thats me

despite me doing all the above & having a skinhead, you couldnt be further from the truth, according to the SN massive I am all of the above though
Old 25 November 2007, 05:21 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I agree I like shopping at argos and use Asda for our groceries, so I must be on the lower end of the iq pool, hmmm, oh well if that means I can have the 2 07's sitting on my drive own a couple of houses and earn over 40k a year then I'll take it

Please don't taint everyone with the same IQ brush.
Old 25 November 2007, 05:34 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I have to admit. The Argos by me really does seem to attract the worst form of pond life.

I avoid it at all costs
Old 25 November 2007, 05:35 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

this is the kind of mentality that gives subaru drivers a bad name,not long ago i was helping a mate shift some bricks,took the k plate astra runabout,on way home couldnt be bothered cooking went to kfc,got out the car 2 guys in a wrx smirked,nice car mate.I would never look down at someone because of what they drive,how they dress or where they shop
Old 25 November 2007, 06:36 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
I can beat that! If in Reading I'll often pop into the £1 shop. Even better, I'll venture into the 99p shop .. and actually buy something .....

Jeeez I am so darn thick ........

Dave
I got really p***ed off in "Everything's a pound" They opened one up in Nottingham when I lived there years ago. I thought I would pop in to see what the fuss was all about. Wandering up and down the isles all I saw was complete and total tat, until finally there was a shimmer of hope. Duracell batteries. Wicked I though, 4 of these for £1. Took em to the till, "that will be £3.68 sir".

"WHAT, WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WILL BE THREE POUNDS ODD, I'M IN EVERYTHING IS A POUND!!!! WHICH PLANET DID YOU COME FROM"

They would not have it, so I put them down and walked out. Whats the point in having a pound shop where the only thing you would want to buy is not £1
Old 25 November 2007, 06:43 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

how do these morons get on in life, how do they ever get out of bed in amorning? complete and utter ****s IMO
Theyve to spend their giros on something for goodness sake ...!

Its prolly the highlight of their month, if they cant get into starbucks that is
Old 25 November 2007, 07:09 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by exvaux
this is the kind of mentality that gives subaru drivers a bad name,not long ago i was helping a mate shift some bricks,took the k plate astra runabout,on way home couldnt be bothered cooking went to kfc,got out the car 2 guys in a wrx smirked,nice car mate.I would never look down at someone because of what they drive,how they dress or where they shop

Your right certain Subaru owners seem to have some very odd superiority complex.

It's like they feel like they are one notch from a BMW owner with 50+% mortgage and 2.5 kids, because they don't drive a BMW/Mondeo/Vectra.

In their world, what car one drives reflects on their pecking order. And argue with that and your confronted with a huge chip on their shoulder ready to reel off all the technical inferioritys of all non-Subaru cars and the "type" of people which drive them. It's that ignorance of themselves that makes them so judgemental of others.

Suffice to say, I didn't get on with some of these fellow Scooby owners at some prearranged meets.

Thankfully, not all Scooby owner are like that. Some, like me just bought it for communting, not beacuse of whatever image it had/has.

Translating back to Argos, I avoid shopping there as a choice. Like a pub that attracts the wrong sorts. Be it one full of wannabe hoo-hars, or a load of neo-***** out for a punch up every weekend.

Its not because I think I'm better than an Argos shopper or what they sell is overpriced or cheap/nasty or belongs to the lower classes etc. Its because that some people that shop there just don't have any manners or respect for others around them, and they usually happen to have zero control of their offspring. I simply don't like it, this country does have a problem with social behaviour, and somehow Argos does seem to attracts some of these poeple. If myself, my freinds or family bahave like that, I would be more than just ashamed of them.

That's doesn't make me better; Just more aware of myself and how my behaviour reflects on society.
Old 25 November 2007, 07:18 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ARGOS are fantastic if things go wrong ....... unlike CURRYS they actually do what the customer wants, refund, replace, whatever.

My daughter had a CD Walkman device for 11 months when the spring which holds the lid on snapped - I pointed out to her that it would get sent for repair and that would be a fair result.

ARGOS took a look at it and asked her to choose a replacement up to the price of the original ... top class customer service

CURRYS are the other end of the scale ... absolute sh1te Customer Service.

I frequent the £ Shop, LIDLs and wherever the bargains are ... but I will no longer put any money into CURRYS/Dixons/PCWorld
Old 25 November 2007, 07:23 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

quite a few posters have missed the point completley, I did not say everbody who shops in Argos has a low IQ.....

don't undertand where the "look down your nose" comments come from???

nvm
Old 25 November 2007, 07:35 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

simon will be here anytime soon to have a rant about argos...
Old 25 November 2007, 08:32 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

I f*cking-well despise Argos (the company).
Old 26 November 2007, 06:54 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
I already am now

Scoob with stickers on it - Chav

4x4 Gas Guzzler - Pikey Chav

Shop at ASDA - council chav scum

Shop at ARGOS - bigger pikey council chav scum

had a Staffy - worst pikey council skinhead chav scum you could ever meet

yep thats me

despite me doing all the above & having a skinhead, you couldnt be further from the truth, according to the SN massive I am all of the above though
seperated at birth??

think gazzas final sentance was a bit "elmer fudpucker" snobberish tbh. understand the chav thing though about the dirty looks.

i shop at asdas, as i find them the cheapest, and argos is only 1/2 a mile away from my house and generally go good stuff at competitive prices. why pay more for the same stuff. my tuppence.
Old 26 November 2007, 06:56 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by exvaux
absolutley bob on. a friend of the mrs dad drives a proper knackered fiesta diesel to work, but has over £1million sat in the bank? why... probably doesnt wanna draw attention to himself, and enjoy his wealth privately.
Old 26 November 2007, 08:11 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I had 23 items of home furnishings delivered by argos in the last month I love 'em...
Old 26 November 2007, 08:18 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Get off your high horse.