Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Should NACRO be vapourised off the SN Board forever ?
Yes he should.
22.22%
No.
25.93%
Leave him alone he's just a sad individual.
12.96%
I dont care.
38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Public Vote

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2007, 09:21 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Public Vote

Morning all,

Having just had a wee read through SN Policy i thought i would do us all a favour & post a poll about everyone's favourite member ......... NACRO.

He used to be quite witty at times in the past but now after looking at some of his previous posts he doesnt really contribute anything towards the board.

So knowing Webby loves the publics opinions its time to put it to vote.

Should NACRO stay or should he go ???
Old 25 November 2007, 11:49 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Despite my opinion of his posts, I would not vote on this on principle.

Les
Old 25 November 2007, 11:51 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Wink

Who?
Old 25 November 2007, 11:52 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I vote no!
Old 25 November 2007, 12:12 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
Who?
my thoughts exactly
Old 25 November 2007, 12:13 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

What difference would it make? Presumably they would just register another user name and use that if they haven't done already.

As for the posts in policy try reading between the lines to get an idea of exactly how things are organised round here...........

I voted yes BTW
Old 25 November 2007, 12:28 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

should have made it a public vote
Old 25 November 2007, 12:29 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Nacro
HA, HA, PMSL , Ye can't keep a good man down.
Old 25 November 2007, 12:31 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Another thing, assuming this individual is a troll wouldn't this kind of post be exactly the kind of thing that would feed their ego?

Better to just use the 'ostrich' feature provided IMO.
Old 25 November 2007, 12:40 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

When I was a very small boy, very small boys talked to me
Old 25 November 2007, 12:43 PM
NACRO
BANNED

..........and now that we've grown up together they're afraid of what they see?

I prefer 'Everything's gone green'

"I see my future before me
I'll hurt you when I can
It seems like I've been here before"
Old 25 November 2007, 01:18 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by NACRO
Another thing, assuming this individual is a troll wouldn't this kind of post be exactly the kind of thing that would feed their ego?

Better to just use the 'ostrich' feature provided IMO.
Take it the way it was intended
Old 25 November 2007, 10:06 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Nacro thinks he is clever and funny. Sadly he isn't. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't be allowed to keep trying. When I see a thread by PSL I read it and then decided if it should be ignored. When I see one by Nacro I know it will be fishing for a reaction, so I can ignore it without reading it. If anyone really wants to ban a user for this sort of posting, then I would suggest that they cancel their internet subscription, quit their job and sit in the house interacting with the TV. Now, I will probably read this thread tomorrow, so if Nacro can give us a witty retort I may re-evaluate my views on him, but hindsight says that is unlikely.

Sti-04 - Do you really think that all the users on here like you?
Old 25 November 2007, 10:09 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Do you think Nacro cares what you or anyone else thinks about him fat bloke?
Old 25 November 2007, 10:21 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

It won't matter one iota in my life if I think you are clever or funny. I suspect that it won't matter one iota in your life either. However, there are people on here who live their lives through the internet, and there are occasions where your comments are intentionally designed to make their lives slightly sadder. Would your ego be proud if someone decided to top themselves because you can only find it within yourself to be a smart **** all the time? Have you ever tried helping people? It will make you feel far far better than constantly putting them down.
Old 25 November 2007, 10:23 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Maybe you can't see this, but say I really had a weight problem (no I mean a worse one) - You called me fat bloke..... what was the reasoning behind that? Do you want to exacerbate my anorexia?
Old 25 November 2007, 10:24 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Maybe you can't see this, but say I really had a weight problem (no I mean a worse one) - You called me fat bloke..... what was the reasoning behind that? Do you want to exacerbate my anorexia?
Just realised missed off a 'T' from your user name. Wondered what on earth you were talking about for a minute. Sorry 'fast bloke'

Regarding the 'topping themselves' question, I seriously don't imagine that any comments on a website would have a life changing effect positively or negatively.
Old 25 November 2007, 10:36 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

I seriously don't imagine that any comments on a website would have a life changing effect positively or negatively.
They do for some
Old 25 November 2007, 10:37 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Regarding the 'topping themselves' question, I seriously don't imagine that any comments on a website would have a life changing effect positively or negatively.
Then you under-estimate the power of your throw away comments. Maybe you should consider the worst case scenario before you have a pop at someone. 9999 times out of 10000 it will be overlooked or ignored, but just maybe, the other post will be enough to send someone over the edge. Maybe topping themselves is fairly rare, but would you feel proud if I actually was anorexic and decided not to eat for a week because of your 'accidentally' (as if) dropped 's'?
Old 25 November 2007, 10:38 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Let's not let this turn into a one man show. This is getting as embarrassing as the Lewis fixation some people have.

Why not just accept that some people have superior, dominating personalities and leave it at that?
Old 25 November 2007, 10:47 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

People are fixated on Lewis Hamilton because he has a gift they would like, and his success makes them feel good. I don't think anyone is fixated about you. Someone posted a thread on a board which has hundreds of posts a day. Some other people have commented. The thread about you has less posts than the one about the N95 mobile phone. That is hardly a fixation.

When you say 'superior dominating personalities' I think you mean 'domineering personality'

Last edited by fast bloke; 25 November 2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: edited to clarify that this isn't Nacro's thread, but merely a thread about Nacro.
Old 25 November 2007, 10:51 PM
NACRO
BANNED

I wasn't talking about myself however it's interesting you've read it that way. Neither is this my thread- I didn't start it and other than the fact it's discussing me I wouldn't normally bother commenting on such a waste of time.
As to the rest of it well it fills in a gap doesn't it?
Old 25 November 2007, 11:00 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I wasn't talking about myself however it's interesting you've read it that way. Neither is this my thread- I didn't start it and other than the fact it's discussing me I wouldn't normally bother commenting on such a waste of time.
As to the rest of it well it fills in a gap doesn't it?
"I wasn't talking about myself" - Who were you talking about?

"interesting that you read it that way" - What other way could it be read?

"Neither is this my thread" - No-one said it is your thread, however - It mentions you and no-one else in the title, so I would assume that a reasonable person could translate this as to being a thread about you, the concatenated version of which would be 'your thread.' If this gives you a difficulty in translation I will edit to state that it a thread about you.

"As to the rest of it well it fills in the gaps" - The rest of what.
Old 25 November 2007, 11:03 PM
NACRO
BANNED

1. Lewis
2.Whatever way you choose
3. You said it was my thread using the words- "Your thread has less posts than the one about the......"
4. Whichever gaps you prefer.
Old 25 November 2007, 11:10 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

This is getting as embarrassing as the Lewis fixation some people have.
So the Lewis fixation that some people have is getting as embarrasing as the Lewis fixation that some people have?

OK - I'll edit for number three at it seems to be beyond your comprehension.

2 and 4 are non answers. I would have thought that someone with such a superior and dominant personality such as yours would at least be able to give some obscure justification for his statements?
Old 25 November 2007, 11:13 PM
NACRO
BANNED

You'd be surprised fat bloke or maybe not.
Old 25 November 2007, 11:25 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

You'd be surprised fat bloke or maybe not.
Do you mean that I would be surprised to find that you post something for which you are unable to offer justification?
Old 25 November 2007, 11:25 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Sti-04 - Do you really think that all the users on here like you?
Do you really think i care ??

This thread will give a few answers to the moderating team about SN's opinion on NACRO & its near as damn it 50/50.

Old 25 November 2007, 11:27 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just realised missed off a 'T' from your user name. Wondered what on earth you were talking about for a minute. Sorry 'fast bloke'

Saying 'Fat Bloke' once could be a mistake, twice and you're seeming to try to offend.

Don't want to be too serious, but although most comments on an internet site would be ignored, you may want to think before speaking at times. It's much like verbal bullying that goes on in day to day life. Most of the time, it can be ignored, but on some occassions, it will have a serious effect on those who are victims of it. Just because this is a website and not a face to face situation, doesn't mean that words can't do damage.
Old 25 November 2007, 11:32 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Saying 'Fat Bloke' once could be a mistake, twice and you're seeming to try to offend.

Don't want to be too serious, but although most comments on an internet site would be ignored, you may want to think before speaking at times. It's much like verbal bullying that goes on in day to day life. Most of the time, it can be ignored, but on some occassions, it will have a serious effect on those who are victims of it. Just because this is a website and not a face to face situation, doesn't mean that words can't do damage.
That's a very thoughtful post Lisa, thank Jesus for these sort of comments which put everything into perspective.

As for the 'fast bloke' typo it's extremely difficult on this laptop keyboard to avoid such errors. My sincere apologies for that.

Quick Reply: Public Vote