Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile Upgrade time - does it annoy you?

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2007, 02:50 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile Upgrade time - does it annoy you?

Been with vodafone for about 5 years now. Tried orange and o2 and just find the reception on Vodafone to be far better wherever I am so stay with them. Customer service is good. No complaints other than when it comes to contract renewal time.

Every year I speak to someone who offers me a crap deal that is laughable. This year I want to change tariff. 1st women wants me to pay £30 for new handset (nokia 6500 classic) and £13 on top of the tariff price they list on vodafone.co.uk just because Im an existing customer. I complain (dont threaten to leave) and end up speaking to someone else who offers me a free handset, free phone ins and the tariff at £10 less a month within the space of 5 mins.

So why cant they just cut the crap and give you a decent deal to start with? Or do they just make loads of extra money from people who dont question their crap offers?

/rant over

Simon
Old 31 October 2007, 03:06 PM
simscooby
Scooby Regular

This is the reason i have just left vodafone after beeing with them for a similar length of time. I was happy for the first 3/4 years then i upgraded my phone over a year ago and i was sold a different contract that was supposed to cut my monthly bill (according to their statistics on my phone useage). Ever since then i have had considerably larger bills, i tried 3/4 times throughout the last year of my contrat to get them to switch me back to my old price plan to no avail. I was told that the price plan i was on no longer exsisted and each time I rang to complain they said they would put me on a different plan yet still my monthly bill did not drop.

I've been with Orange for 3 months and I'm very happy, I bloody hate Vodafone now
Old 31 October 2007, 03:09 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've answered your own question Simon.

Now I just go straight to o2's retentions and cancellation team to organise an upgrade - cuts out all the bull.

"Best offer or I'm leaving" gets the job done.

Got a SE K850i and 30% reduction in the published price of the new tariff I went for by doing just that.
Old 31 October 2007, 03:14 PM
simscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
You've answered your own question Simon.

Now I just go straight to o2's retentions and cancellation team to organise an upgrade - cuts out all the bull.

"Best offer or I'm leaving" gets the job done.

Got a SE K850i and 30% reduction in the published price of the new tariff I went for by doing just that.
Sounds like you got it down to a T dude. The minute vodafone realised i had put in a cancelation request i had someone ring me up trying to offer me this and that for free. Too late sucker
Old 31 October 2007, 03:18 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

How much do you pay per minute now with mobiles?
Old 31 October 2007, 03:18 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I went through to rententions on Orange to cancel a contract I use very little. Was offered a 40% line rental reduction and a free N95, the week the N95 came out.

Naturally I took it lol
Old 31 October 2007, 05:31 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Tell them you're off cos you're planning on getting an iPhone next week - Vodafone will probably bend over backwards then...