Made me smile.Jobs to Poland

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2007, 03:12 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made me smile.Jobs to Poland

Cadbury Schweppes to cut up to 700 jobs | UK | Reuters

Just trying to work out exactly what we are now as a country.

We have London,lots of Financial goings on apparantly making us very wealthy and the rest of the country picking cabbages using another country's workforce.And now this...
Old 03 October 2007, 03:19 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atleast we've still got our biggest export market intact... Weapons! Including Nuclear warheads sticking to what we do best
Old 03 October 2007, 03:29 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

There will be no unskilled/semi-skilled workers in Poland to work at the factory.

They seem to be here, bodging half of the extensions being built around where I live lol.
Old 03 October 2007, 04:13 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
There will be no unskilled/semi-skilled workers in Poland to work at the factory.

They seem to be here, bodging half of the extensions being built around where I live lol.
i wondered that,if all the workers are coming here,are there workers going to poland from somewhere else,maybe with worse economy just asking as i was offered a job in poland and bulgaria earler this year
Old 03 October 2007, 04:18 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti
Just trying to work out exactly what we are now as a country.
We have an economy based on selling houses to each other for ever increasing amounts of borrowed money, and we then spend these gains in property prices in the shops so the economy is healthy.... but now the cheap credit has gone so this cycle looks like its been stopped in its tracks!

Originally Posted by lozgti
We have London,lots of Financial goings on apparantly making us very wealthy and the rest of the country picking cabbages using another country's workforce.And now this...
I think the financial district has been hit hard by the current credit crunch. Something tells me the next round of bonus's will be significantly less that recent years as well, and this is in additional to recruitment freezes and job cuts by some firms.

No surprise to see the UK quality of life is well down the tables now - country is surely in terminal decline sadly, I just cant see how it can be turned around.
Old 03 October 2007, 08:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Problem is, there are thousands of people out there who actaully believe the economy is wonderful and that Labour have done a good job.

On the same day, today, that my eldest lost his job for the THIRD time, (he'll be redundant on 31st October, factory closing), there are TWO letters in the local paper asking why, when the UK has full employmnet, (WTF????), there are still people to be seen on the High Street during working hours.

BTW: if anyone knows of a job for a welder, fully trained, aged 21, or wants a welder, as above, please PM me.

Pref this area, but if he could get a permanent job somewhere better, with more engineering, I'd be happy.

Alcazar
Old 04 October 2007, 07:53 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Problem is, there are thousands of people out there who actaully believe the economy is wonderful and that Labour have done a good job.

On the same day, today, that my eldest lost his job for the THIRD time, (he'll be redundant on 31st October, factory closing), there are TWO letters in the local paper asking why, when the UK has full employmnet, (WTF????), there are still people to be seen on the High Street during working hours.

BTW: if anyone knows of a job for a welder, fully trained, aged 21, or wants a welder, as above, please PM me.

Pref this area, but if he could get a permanent job somewhere better, with more engineering, I'd be happy.

Alcazar
which factory mate? may know it

Trending Topics

Old 04 October 2007, 08:43 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

As far as I see it, we are just a retail outlet for China and the Far East to sell their cheaply produced goods ( made on behalf of UK companies that are giving their shareholders a bit more return ).

I'm sure I'm not alone in that I would rather pay a couple of percent more for something that is actually made in the UK rather than China and has cost UK workers jobs ? ( the savings on production costs for a lot of things arent actually that great anymore, so a product made in China isnt that much cheaper than made in the UK once you factor in the shipping costs etc... )
Old 04 October 2007, 10:46 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
which factory mate? may know it
Doubtful, it's in Gainsborough, QC Fabrications.

Alcazar
Old 04 October 2007, 11:20 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
As far as I see it, we are just a retail outlet for China and the Far East to sell their cheaply produced goods ( made on behalf of UK companies that are giving their shareholders a bit more return ).

I'm sure I'm not alone in that I would rather pay a couple of percent more for something that is actually made in the UK rather than China and has cost UK workers jobs ? ( the savings on production costs for a lot of things arent actually that great anymore, so a product made in China isnt that much cheaper than made in the UK once you factor in the shipping costs etc... )

Shipping costs are going through the roof at the moment but theres no slow down, unfortunatly due to the minimum wage in this country I cant see us ever getting in to manufacturing again. People in the UK want everything Laptop, Sky, broadband, DVD players Xbox etc etc

I heard on the radio that people in Port Talbot said it wasnt worth them working for £7.00 per hour!!!! They couldnt afford to live!!!!

Until people decrease there expectations of what there life should be like things are not going to get any better!

I employ people in the Far east and they earn a lot less money than anyone in the UK but have a much better life!
Old 04 October 2007, 01:16 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

English people too often think the world owes them a living and the Polish can exploit this. In 20 years we will all be working for the Polish wandering what happend to our BMW's and flat screen TV's
Old 04 October 2007, 01:21 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

I think Norwich Union has just opened up a huge office in Poland too! The bit about China and us being a retail outlet for their cheap goods (as is the US) is true to a point.

However, China and India are pouring massive amounts of investment into emerging markets in South America (especially Brazil) and other parts of the Far East. When these have developed sufficiently, they will be come the natural outlets for China and India - not the the US and Europe. At the moment China and India need the US and Europe...