Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Chav problem, advice appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2007, 10:01 AM
Imbube
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chav problem, advice appreciated

We are having more and more problems with a particular lad that lives on our estate.
The estate we are on is actually really nice, and the sort of place my partner and I would want to live, on, hence lots of saving/big mortgage to afford a house there.

Turns out the two houses down the road are Affordable Housing, and one of these is occupied by the chav family in question.

We have been there a couple years and never had problems, but this lot moved into this affordable house about 5 months ago and since then it's been a nightmare.

Lots of him and his mates flying past the house in their corsas, novas, and clios (you know the type, and we're set quite near the road) with huge exhausts, constant noise and wheel spinning, groups of them hanging about, and last night it came to a bit of a head.

There is a speed bump outside our house, and about 10 - 12 of them were there in 4 or 5 cars, actually trying to ramp one of them over the bump, Im guessing they were trying to destroy the car. Lots of shouting and carrying on, and revving this car massively before smacking it over the bump.

They stood about outside and at about 12:30 I lost my rag, opened the window and told a group of about 8 of them to "F**K OFF!!!!"
Probably a mistake I know, one of them looked over, the rest ignored me completely and just carried on. They finished up at about 2AM, and I stayed awake to make sure there were no repucutions (last night anyway) to my property or car.

I dont mind defending myself or standing up for myself, but of course when there are 8 of them I dont think Id stand much of a chance.

We've reported it to both the council and police (Police did nothing, got a case number and nothing further) and the council have issued ASBO's to him before, but he apparently has a few of them anyway so it makes no bloody difference!! Clearly he doesnt care, it's just getting worse and worse.

Now Ive got a baby daughter and a missus to consider, so I cant go all vigilante and start taking them on, althou given my temperment now that may well happen, but Id love some ideas on what people think I might be able to do.
We've actually put the hosue up for sale now, but of course it's a slow time of year and I imagine it'll be a good few months we're still there.

Last edited by Imbube; 01 October 2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01 October 2007, 10:25 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

We used to have nightmare neighbours too that sound not dissimilar to yours, after two years of asking them nicely (and occasionally not so nicely) to be quieter and have some consideration for the neighbours we gave up and put our house on the market. Once we'd accepted an offer on it we got hold of the chav neighbour's landlord and asked him to come round, we gave him a detailed account of their awful behaviour and told him how much they'd upset everyone in the street and that the only reason we'd sold up was because of them, he seemed genuinely concerned about it. We then bought a much nicer house in a very, very quiet hamlet and have been living in blissful peace ever since

Ironically for us shortly after we moved out so did the chav family, I like to think that the landlord evicted them

Sometimes moving is the only way, I don't honestly think that there's anything you can do to teach these people respect
Old 01 October 2007, 10:51 AM
simscooby
Scooby Regular

Don't comfront them man, you will regret it. If not bricks through ya windows one of em will prob pull out a knife or something!!! All ya can do is keep reporting it. report everything to the police/council. Eventually they will prob do something.

I'm not speaking from experience but if it was me in your situation this is what i would do, good luck
Old 01 October 2007, 10:59 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Pay a few hundred quid to some big ugle tattoed heavies to go around "on behalf of the street" to the lads house and advise that the neighbourhood have some concerns about their selfish behaviour...
I know it sounds like something off an american film, but a quick word with a private investigtor (if you dont know anyone) will sort it.
Noone needs to get hurt, it doesnt need balaclavas and bats, just a strong quiet word and they'll wind their necks in.
Logging incidents and filming them etc takes months and at worse they might get the trophy award of an ASBO (oooo)...
It's a horrible situation to be in, but when it's one person from a nice estate my suggestion should work. It doesnt when you're surrounded by scum but one off's like this are a safe bet.
Best wishes.
Old 01 October 2007, 11:01 AM
Imbube
Scooby Newbie

It grates, here I am working every day to afford a house I want, and they get given one that's even bigger than ours, and dont even appreciate it!!

I guess we'll have to stomach the 12 grand moving costs and find somewhere else, but honestly "modern Britain" is starting to make me feel very depressed, it only works for you if you're an inconsiderate lowlife who sponges off others hard work.
Old 01 October 2007, 11:02 AM
Imbube
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Pay a few hundred quid to some big ugle tattoed heavies to go around "on behalf of the street" to the lads house and advise that the neighbourhood have some concerns about their selfish behaviour...
I know it sounds like something off an american film, but a quick word with a private investigtor (if you dont know anyone) will sort it.
Noone needs to get hurt, it doesnt need balaclavas and bats, just a strong quiet word and they'll wind their necks in.
Logging incidents and filming them etc takes months and at worse they might get the trophy award of an ASBO (oooo)...
It's a horrible situation to be in, but when it's one person from a nice estate my suggestion should work. It doesnt when you're surrounded by scum but one off's like this are a safe bet.
Best wishes.

Cheers, sounds like an avenue to try, might speak to an investigator.
Old 01 October 2007, 11:07 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Get down to your local pub & speak to as Abdabz says a few heavies Should help solve the problem if your not big enough to sort it out yourself
Old 01 October 2007, 11:15 AM
apkadb
Scooby Regular

A lot of modern housing estate have to have a place for social housing.

There are however, social housing free estate popping up, some with gated communities.

You might be better off not moving to a brand new estate as they will all have the same problem.
Old 01 October 2007, 11:54 AM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Get a couple of staffy's, they will protect you, your family and your house.

A perfect 'tool' for taking outside at night when your outnumbered, they'll get the message.
The 'I really don't want us to fall out' approach works too, provided you don't look like a 12yr old girl, plenty of eye contact and say exactly what you want. No, 'do you think you can keep it down' - unless you want to become friends with them.
Old 01 October 2007, 12:04 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Set your video camera up and record the noise and what there doing, But keep on to the authorities, once you have a few of there escapades contact the housing association, They will do something about it, Yes it may take a few months unless you go down the thugs route but the Housing association will do something, the video evidence cant be argued with if it has time and date on.
hth
Brett
Old 01 October 2007, 12:31 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:

Is that because the Chavs will assume that you are one of them?
Old 01 October 2007, 01:01 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
If you don't want to be backed in to a corner and repeatedly raped please

STFU!

(staffy owner)
Old 01 October 2007, 01:17 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

By you, or your dog?
Old 01 October 2007, 02:06 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

They're lovely dogs and I really want one, but unfortunately they've got a bit of a chav stamp now, so I won't bother
Old 01 October 2007, 02:14 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
They're lovely dogs and I really want one, but unfortunately they've got a bit of a chav stamp now, so I won't bother
I wouldn't let that put you off, Subarus have the chav stamp too - just don't buy anything burberry.

Old 01 October 2007, 02:19 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Made the mistaking of rollocking some toe rags to the extent of legging it after them......it was just prior to halloween and I think we got special treatment as a gift in return for being chased.

Since moved.You can't win in this current climate
Old 01 October 2007, 02:20 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

lol @ getting some staffys to sort out the chavs
Old 01 October 2007, 03:36 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

At least your Staffy's will be able to play with theirs!
Old 01 October 2007, 04:01 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

At least your Staffy's will be able to play with theirs!
Old 01 October 2007, 04:57 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Simply, keep calling the Police and the council.
Keep reporting all the things they're doing and when the authorities realise how much of a pain they are then they'll sort them out.
Ringing them just once wont sort it because as far as the Police are concerned the problems sorted cause you're not ringing anymore.
Find out who your local Neighbourhood Police team is then speak to one of them. They'll tell you the same thing - keep ringing.
The more incidents the police have from you about the problem the more they'll be able to do.
All that stuff about ragging cars at night, that's the sort of thing that the section 59 seizure was brought in for causing alarm, distress or annoyance.
Keep a diary of everything innapropriate they do.
If they're any good yourlocal police will be able to take this info round to the housing association and get these muppets stopped.
This can and does happen and will work out. i speak from personal experience.
Old 01 October 2007, 05:31 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

As Sal mentioned we had some crappy neighbours but what really naffed me off was that it was only me who ever confronted them despite them p*ssing off the whole street, this in turn made me look a right moaning old tool!

I'd pretty much do as everyone has said, log stuff and keep ringing the authorities. I'd love to say get some heavies in but there's only one person that'll get in bother for that and it won't be the chav!

Don't let the ******* get you down!
Old 01 October 2007, 05:40 PM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

Quote:

Old 01 October 2007, 05:47 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

*The following post is for entertainment purposes, for god sake dont do this!*
bollocks to the police. Get dressed in this:

get one of these:

and make sure its fully auto and has a 500 round hopper.
Sooner or later he will be on his own at night, then you make your move.
Empty the entire hopper into him and make sure of three things:
1 - as many rounds as possible go onto bare skin,
2 - make sure its red paint for extra effect when he goes home,
3 - that you avoid the face, you want to teach him a lesson, not blind him.
Once you've emptied the hopper and he has more bruises than normal skin tell him to behave himself or next time they'll be real rounds.
Pain and fear is the only thing these people understand. Talk in their language and he'll get the message.
astraboy.
Old 01 October 2007, 06:03 PM
Sauron
Scooby Regular

Forget the Staffy get one of these idea for family protection
up to 176lbs and very protective.
Link Dog breed profile UK
I would love one of these to keep my neighbours in line.
I get up at 5 in the morning to go to work, and at 10.30 one evening last week the moron next door decided to move an old tumble drier. 1/2 an hour of banging & crashing.
I also find they are unable to hold a conversation, they have to shout at each other and the kids.
Mind you kids are just as bad and they are only 9 & 8. God help me when they are teenagers.