Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dogs in Danger! Does this psychology work?!

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2007, 01:43 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dogs in Danger! Does this psychology work?!

Dogs In Danger

"As you are reading this 8 dogs have been killed."

Seems an odd method of extorting money from people to save the little mutts.
Old 28 September 2007, 02:12 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I'm a dog lover and owner, but I'm not sure I see the point. This is 4million dogs in shelters that haven't been found a new home. I'd rather see tighter controls on breeding and ownership to prevent it getting to that point.
Old 28 September 2007, 02:41 PM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

They've even got a webcam, the sick bastids!

<makes note in diary to log in on 9th October>
Old 28 September 2007, 02:52 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'd guess if they said "As you are reading this 8 dogs have been euthanized." then it would not create the same reaction as it sounds as though it's a nice pleasant, peaceful end to their life (which could be the only nice thing that has happened to the dog, by this I mean it's a peacful end to a possibly harrowing life), whereas saying "killed" causes people to think it was not a peaceful end and perhaps they were taken out back and introduced to Mr Holland & Holland.

What I would be interested to know is wether this figure excludes dogs that could not be rehomed for whatever reason (ill, injured, have to be destroyed as per court order, etc...) as in those situations there is no other opition but to euthanize the dog.

Reading the site a bit more there are links to "No Kill" organizations. I'm curious as to how these people would deal with a crazed animal that went on a bit of a bender and maimed a few people and could not be controlled. Would they still not want this vicious and dangerous animal to be euthanized so it would not cause other people and probably other dogs harm? What would they do with the animal, put in in a big pen/cage and watch it go nuts, would it not be better to just euthanized it? Whose to say it doesn't have a legion on it's brain causing the psychotic behaviour and thus without surgery it won't calm down? Who is going to pay to diagnose and perform surgery on this animal? Who'd want to adopt the dog after the surgery, even if it is placid, knowing that it had, before the surgery been a raving loony? I know you should never trust any dog, but would you, could you trust this one? I'm not sure I could.

Last edited by Markus; 28 September 2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 28 September 2007, 04:35 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
I'd guess if they said "As you are reading this 8 dogs have been euthanized." then it would not create the same reaction as it sounds as though it's a nice pleasant, peaceful end to their life (which could be the only nice thing that has happened to the dog, by this I mean it's a peacful end to a possibly harrowing life), whereas saying "killed" causes people to think it was not a peaceful end and perhaps they were taken out back and introduced to Mr Holland & Holland.

What I would be interested to know is wether this figure excludes dogs that could not be rehomed for whatever reason (ill, injured, have to be destroyed as per court order, etc...) as in those situations there is no other opition but to euthanize the dog.

Reading the site a bit more there are links to "No Kill" organizations. I'm curious as to how these people would deal with a crazed animal that went on a bit of a bender and maimed a few people and could not be controlled. Would they still not want this vicious and dangerous animal to be euthanized so it would not cause other people and probably other dogs harm? What would they do with the animal, put in in a big pen/cage and watch it go nuts, would it not be better to just euthanized it? Whose to say it doesn't have a legion on it's brain causing the psychotic behaviour and thus without surgery it won't calm down? Who is going to pay to diagnose and perform surgery on this animal? Who'd want to adopt the dog after the surgery, even if it is placid, knowing that it had, before the surgery been a raving loony? I know you should never trust any dog, but would you, could you trust this one? I'm not sure I could.
"While you were typing that 8 members have been infracted" d
Old 28 September 2007, 05:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

David, very funny and probably quite accurate to