Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2007, 04:27 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01.18.08

New film for early next year. Looks good from the trailer. There's hardly any info on what it actually is yet, but I'm looking forward to finding out (as long as it's not another Godzilla)...

View trailer at..

Apple - Trailers - 01-18-08
Old 14 September 2007, 04:28 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

SIAL x2
Old 14 September 2007, 04:31 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Looks like Godzilla meets Blair Witch from what I can find
Old 14 September 2007, 04:36 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
SIAL x2
Well, the search finds nothing so
Old 14 September 2007, 04:41 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Not SIAL for me...

Anyone got any reliable info on what the monster thing is etc?
Old 14 September 2007, 05:13 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

Its a large lizard from space.....supposed to have been sent there by man years ago and now crashes back having evolved (like planet of the apes)
Old 14 September 2007, 05:17 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Snug Rhino
Its a large lizard from space.....supposed to have been sent there by man years ago and now crashes back having evolved (like planet of the apes)
And it's filmed from the perspective of a small group of people. Or like I said earlier, Godzilla meets Blair Witch
Old 14 September 2007, 05:25 PM
firesorter
Scooby Regular

thats not scary, my wifes ginger, you should see her with PMS!!
Old 14 September 2007, 05:32 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by firesorter
thats not scary, my wifes ginger, you should see her with PMS!!
i hope for your sake she dont read on here
Old 14 September 2007, 05:34 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

If you saw the film "Transformers" in the cinema then you will have seen this trailer, the film is produced by the same person who produces "Lost", JJ Abrams.
Old 14 September 2007, 05:36 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Cloverfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is that it
Old 14 September 2007, 05:49 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by exvaux
Yes. I don't think it has an "official" name yet though.
Old 14 September 2007, 05:54 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

Originally Posted by ScoobyWeb
If you saw the film "Transformers" in the cinema then you will have seen this trailer.

lol - must un-usefull post of the day award. Those that saw it know it and those that didnt...didnt!

If you got out of bed today you will have moved from lying down to standing.
Old 14 September 2007, 06:12 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Found this

It starts off at a party in a loft in New York City for this guy around his mid-20's who's leaving (the city). It's filmed on home video cameras and looks just sort of like another independent drama comedy about this guy. This goes one for a little while when all of a sudden there's a big earthquake and people start to go a bit crazy and they all run up to the roof to see the lower half of Manhattan, and one of these buildings, erupt into a huge ball of fire after this unidentified object from the sky comes flying down and hits it. Then people really start to go crazy and the camera is dropped and blacks out. Then it comes back up and they're out running on the streets and all of a sudden this huge flaming object comes flying through the air and lands on the street and it's the ripped off head of the Statue of Liberty. You can hear this odd freaky roar in the background as more huge flaming/smoking things fly through the air and it ends with people running and screaming.

There is no title for the movie. It only shows "Produced by J.J. Abrams" and says "1.18.08″ and flashes the credit block of names for about a half second and that's it. Everyone in the audience basically just went "what the f**ck!" after it ended! It's insane…

Apparently this is a top secret project called Cloverfield that J.J. Abrams is producing and not directing. What is it, you ask? After doing some research over at Ain't It Cool News, I discovered this description.

Well, word from inside the company is that CLOVERFIELD is a giant monster movie, featuring something that's being referred to internally as "The Parasite".

There's also a bit more about the style and what it may actually be about or how it'll work (which considering from the trailer, might be insanely cool).

And what makes this different than any other giant monster movie? Well, as I understand it, most of the film is going to be shot using home video cameras, as if from the point of view of real people who are experiencing an attack on New York. It’s designed as a fairly small picture, all things considered, and right now, they’re working to make sure the script is going to deliver some wild thrills (like an earthquake that levels Manhattan or an oil tanker flipping over by the Statue of Liberty), but that it’s not suddenly going to turn into a giant $150 million movie.

Holy ****, this sounds awesome! This thing has been pretty top secret so far, without a peep or word or even a listing on IMDb. We haven't seen anything like this in a while, as almost everything nowadays has some news on it all the way from the start of production.

This is not just your ordinary Hollywood disaster or giant monster flick, it's something way different. From the trailer you can tell this is going to be something unique, maybe even on the same scale as the Blair Witch Project. And for now this has to be one of the coolest trailers and best marketing tactics I've seen in a long while. What did everyone else think so far who has also seen it?
Geezer