BT Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2007, 10:35 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BT Shop

<rant>

So, the Ex bought an LCD TV from the BT Shop BT Shop - British Telecom Shop, Home Phones, VoIP Phones, Wireless Home Networking, Home Security, PC Hardware, Components, Software, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players

What a bunch of cowboys.

I can accept that occasionally things don't work. And indeed in the case of the TV, it blew up after 24 hours. So off she goes to the website to get a number to ring. Except they don't have one.

After phoning "ordinary" BT and being transferred to several different departments, (and being told that BT snhop don't sell TVs) it turns out you literally cannot speak to anyone at the online shop.

So you have to handle returns etc online.

Fine

Except it isn't, because the instructions on thier site don't follow what is actually presented to you - I want the option to return good that are faulty within 28 of receipt (an important different to faulty within waranty period) as directed by the instructions.

Except there is no option - There is only "return within warranty period"

So I go to the online help chat service.

Which some girl asks me for the order number, so I give it to her.

Then after 5 mins she says "What type of phone is it?"

I then asked her if she could actually use the order number to see what it is was ordered, and she said she had, and then I said, "so why are you asking what sort of phone I ordered?"

TO which she replied, becuase I need to know the manufacturer, and then I replied, "but I haven't ordered a phone"

And so on.

Anyway eventually I get this woman to arrange for the TV to be picked up. I couldn't get her to commit to a refund date - Of course she was under no pressue because all that appearing was text on her computer.

I spent 45 in "instant message" chat for a conversation that would have taken 5 mins on the phone.

What fvcking numbskull thought this was a good idea? I mean sure, she can carry 10 conversations at once online - but if they all take 10 times as long, then what is the point ?

Not only would the customer feel that someone at the company actually cared about thier problem, they would also not have people vowing never to buy from the cvnts ever again.

</rant>
Old 03 September 2007, 10:41 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Certainly not cowboys, I suspect it's the Indians you got on IM

I won't be buying anything from there though!