Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Does anyone here believe in ghosts ??

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2007, 08:20 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone here believe in ghosts ??

I personally don't, but live in an old Victorian house and some of my friends seem to think it's haunted - strange noises, apparitions and stuff. Now I take all this stuff with a pinch of salt, but it seems to be happening more and more. So I got hold of the title deeds for the house and had a look through to see if I could trace any of the previous owners. Contained in the deeds was a death certificate which points to someone shuffling off their mortal coil in one of the spare bedrooms back in the 1920s.
The anniversary of the death is tomorrow and one of my friends has suggested making a ouija board and holding a seance !! I mentioned this to my cousin who is very superstitious and she said the ouija board is dangerous and I should steer well clear.
Should I leave it well alone, or risk the possibility of 'angering the spirits' or whatever ??
Old 29 August 2007, 08:22 AM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

I'd probably leave the house for the night, have you not seen poultergeist?
Old 29 August 2007, 08:27 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

BOO

No
Old 29 August 2007, 08:27 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

I don't believe in ghosts (but I do believe in aliens!)
Old 29 August 2007, 08:30 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

You need to set the house on fire. Its the only way to be sure I'm afraid.

Old 29 August 2007, 08:32 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Odds on
You need to set the house on fire. Its the only way to be sure I'm afraid.

Lol, lets hope the firemen put it out with holy water
Old 29 August 2007, 08:37 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Who you gonna call.....
Old 29 August 2007, 08:44 AM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

stand in a ring of garlic, youll be fine
Old 29 August 2007, 08:46 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

No Way!! No such thing..... I mean I've just moved into this lovely oldy world house and theres been nothing, not even a bump..... although the cellar smells strange.... like somethings died in it

Old 29 August 2007, 08:47 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
I personally don't, but live in an old Victorian house and some of my friends seem to think it's haunted - strange noises, apparitions and stuff. Now I take all this stuff with a pinch of salt, but it seems to be happening more and more. So I got hold of the title deeds for the house and had a look through to see if I could trace any of the previous owners. Contained in the deeds was a death certificate which points to someone shuffling off their mortal coil in one of the spare bedrooms back in the 1920s.
The anniversary of the death is tomorrow and one of my friends has suggested making a ouija board and holding a seance !! I mentioned this to my cousin who is very superstitious and she said the ouija board is dangerous and I should steer well clear.
Should I leave it well alone, or risk the possibility of 'angering the spirits' or whatever ??
Ouija board
Old 29 August 2007, 08:55 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Hmm, I do believe in them tbh although never had an experience that couldnt be explained if you try hard enough, but there are strange things going on sometimes in my Grans old house.

Personally Id leave a Ouija board well alone. Spooky ****
Old 29 August 2007, 08:57 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Yep, I'm with davegtt on this one..... HOW MANY TIMES do you see people in horror films saying "wished we'd have left that Ouija board alone!"....
Old 29 August 2007, 09:05 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Exactly The films are there to warn us
Old 29 August 2007, 09:06 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Our next door neighbours had to have their house 'cleansed' a couple of months ago. Odd things had been happening in there for years, through several owners, then it kicked off big time. Haven't got time to tell details now, have to go to w**k.
Old 29 August 2007, 09:12 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Our next door neighbours had to have their house 'cleansed' a couple of months ago. Odd things had been happening in there for years, through several owners, then it kicked off big time. Haven't got time to tell details now, have to go to w**k.
talk about d!ck teasing
Old 29 August 2007, 09:12 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

My buddy works on 'Most Haunted' 'the bald one' and as sceptical as i am he has told me and shown me some weird crap -Althogh The general consensus being that MH is a load of b***ocks but i have to say after pulling my mate to the side after a drunken night out, he swears that there is stuff out there that he cannot explain
Old 29 August 2007, 09:15 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
talk about d!ck teasing
....I'll tell you tonight........just before you go to bed....woooOOOoooooo!!
Old 29 August 2007, 09:19 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I've seen two ghosts..... proper "Evil Dead Stylee" as well, first one said "you'll be alright" over and over again while it stood at the end of my bed.... the following night my house burnt down (while I was at the pub!)! The second one just used to look round my bedroom door once all the lights were out! always happened at 3am?

I'm fooked aren't I...... still as long as I don't stay in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere I should be OK .... now where's my chainsaw
Old 29 August 2007, 09:24 AM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

I was fairly sceptical until i drove through a ghost . It was about 10 years ago in a place just outside Cheddar called Shipham.
We had been out for a family meal and were driving back home in convoy about 11.30ish.
The road was a quiet country lane when all of a sudden a figure of a victorian dressed woman pushing a pram appeared in the road. We went straight through it.
There were plenty of witnesses, one car coming the other way saw it as well as my parents in our car and my aunt and uncle behind us.
When we stopped there was no sign of any impact or anything around us. Remains a mystery to this day why it suddenly appeared.

I never believed in Ghosts before that but i do now.

Before anyone asks i wasnt on anything.
Old 29 August 2007, 09:27 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

People that beleive in Ghosts>>>>>>>chimpanzees>>>>>>>Benny from crossroads>>>>>>David Cameron>>>>>>>>Dick & Dom>>>>>>>Normal People>>>>>>>Albert Einstien

Place yourself on the intelligence train!
Old 29 August 2007, 09:32 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mum's cat has never been quite the same since it rolled around in grandma's ashes...
Old 29 August 2007, 09:35 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Having had a very similar expeince as Dave1980 a few years ago, (I drove straight through a woman stood in the road - with witnesses - and she just disappeared) I have to say that I believe in ghosts. What I don't believe is that they are sentient spirits come back from the dead to haunt us.

I suspect it's some sort of "recording" or imprint (for want of a better term) that is made on the landscape or building, that can be played back if the right set of conditions are present. Nothing sinister, but something that science has not yet discovered an explanation for...
Old 29 August 2007, 09:38 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my reply from the last ghost thread,

We dont notice ours anymore, I have tried interacting with it to no avail, doesnt bother us so we just ignore it, scared the crap out of us at first but we realised there was no malice, bad vibes or anything, things dont move, no chair stacking, no flying plates (except when the wife is in), no noise.

I see it (cant really tell what gender 'it' is) the most, the wife has seen it but doesnt seem to be as clear to her, or as often (more so when she is on, but then again she see all kinds of bad **** when she is 'on'), never really see it both at the same time, the dog used to go mental, heckles up growling but has not bothered in ages, could be used to it but she is blind and we have decided that she is now also completely deaf. We havent mentioned it to the kids and they either havent seen anything or have not registered it as unusual.

Sometimes get a feeling when I am about to see it, usually appears when I am watching telly in the house on my own, just get a feeling of a prescence and look round and its there, sometimes very faint, other times, though always translucent it seems to have more form but that could be down to ambient light, its an outline of a person of that I am sure but you cant really focus on it, it shifts and moves and no matter how hard you look at it its difficult to see any clear forms, If you have been present when a baby is being ultrasound scanned ,its like that, you think you see a feature but its either your brain making shapes out of nothing or its gone so quick you cant register what you saw. It is perhaps five foot high, colour wise it seems mainly grey but it depends on what is behind it, kind of like when light goes through smoke, it does go all the way to the floor but is less distinct and doesnt seem to touch, it never goes through walls but sometimes seems to slip through the floor, like in a computer game where theres a glitch in the net connection and it kind of looses about a foot, it sometimes goes a bit above floor level but I could say it was a proper 'floater', I have tried calling it an 'Ugly Little Spud' and it didnt slime me, I have told it to f*ck off back to wherever it came from, it didnt. Typical, we get a 'ghost' and its a crap one.

It doesnt look at you, or doesnt seem to, I get the impression that it doesn't know you are there, apart from feeling that something is there I have noticed a smell that comes with it, hard to describe, a mixture of wet tarmac when it hasnt rained for a while and that hot electrical components smell. After a while I got used to it so I decided to lunge for it like the old lady at the start of Ghostbusters, it did not turn into a monster or anything, most disspointing, it wasnt cold, I didnt not experience anything, turned around it just stayed for a moment then ebbed away.

Prime time for seeing it (thats it's name, not enough distinguishing features to give it a name) is early evening, say 6.30, rarely during the day, mainly again due to light and less so the later it gets, never when its noisy.

I dont know what it is, I am not religous at all, it desnt make me feel religous, its so unremarkable, I think it must just be the past of an old house, maybe something happened here but I think the signal or imprint is weak, plus I used to see it loads and gradually it seems less frequent so I suspect it may dissapear completely eventually, although there is always a flurry of activity (relative) in early August. You cant summon it, I have sat there saying 'come on out, show yourself, talk to me', its as ignorant as they come.

When it first happened we were ready to move into a hotel, get a priest in, join the Church and start praying, that soon wore off, I kind of like it now, especially when visitors report seeing something, not many but it has happened.
Old 29 August 2007, 09:38 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
My buddy works on 'Most Haunted' 'the bald one' and as sceptical as i am he has told me and shown me some weird crap -Althogh The general consensus being that MH is a load of b***ocks but i have to say after pulling my mate to the side after a drunken night out, he swears that there is stuff out there that he cannot explain
Yup MH was staged. There's lots of stuff I can't explain as well, doesn't mean other people can't or that it's supernatural.
Old 29 August 2007, 09:44 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Yup MH was staged. There's lots of stuff I can't explain as well, doesn't mean other people can't or that it's supernatural.

Well as much as we (my mates) take the p*** he refuses to say if it is staged - although he wouldn't anyway as it is his career.

but he swears that it is not staged
Old 29 August 2007, 10:00 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Well as much as we (my mates) take the p*** he refuses to say if it is staged - although he wouldn't anyway as it is his career.

but he swears that it is not staged
Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has sensationally lifted the lid on the ghosthunting series, Most Haunted ... and claims that the public are being deceived by "showmanship and dramatics."

He accuses the show's medium Derek Acorah of hoodwinking viewers by pretending to communicate with spirits and obtaining information about locations prior to filming.
SPOOKY TRUTH: TV'S MOST HAUNTED CON EXPOSED TV - News - Mirror.co.uk
On several occasions the former "psychic medium" Derek Acorah was purportedly possessed by an entity, sometimes evil or sometimes "lost and confused" One such case which exposed Derek was at Bodmin Gaol, Cornwall. Before the filming, Derek had been fed misinformation about a non-existent ghost of Kreed Kafer. During the investigation, which was later broadcast, Derek presented the information as fact and even behaved as though being possessed by the fictional ghost. O'Keeffe later revealed Kreed Kafer is an anagram of 'Derek Faker'.

Most Haunted - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There were quite a few threads on the JREF as somebody involved in the crew was helping set DA up for a fall by giving him bogus research to see if he'd be posessed by non-existent people and in some cases also got the sex wrong!
Old 29 August 2007, 10:03 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has sensationally lifted the lid on the ghosthunting series, Most Haunted ... and claims that fvucking numbskulls] are being deceived by "showmanship and dramatics

Corrected

It's almost as transparent as Sixth sense with Colin "I'm a enoumous phoney" Fry
Old 29 August 2007, 10:03 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Anyone having to question if Most Haunted is real or not needs help

"Mary wants Dick"
Old 29 August 2007, 10:24 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Thats why Derek was sacked!
Old 29 August 2007, 10:25 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Corrected

It's almost as transparent as Sixth sense with Colin "I'm a enoumous phoney" Fry
Well Colin and Derek have appeared on stage on more than one occasion together.

Quick Reply: Does anyone here believe in ghosts ??