Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parcel Farce

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2007, 08:44 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Parcel Farce

Does anyone have the e-mail address of the MD for Parcel Force.

To cut a long story short I've been trying to get a parcel delivered to me for the last three days.

Day one I was out at work when the package arrived at my door. No problem, It was my fault, my wife was also out. The company sending the package had said that it would be delivered within the next 5 days so naturally you take your chances.

A note was left explaining that the package would be delivered the following day.

My wife waited in all day.....except for half an hour when she needed to go next door. Realising that the delivery might have been made during that half hour she put a note on the front door explaining where she was i.e 25 feet away.

In that time the Ninja delivery man arrived, removed the note, as witnessed by another neighbour and left without walking those extra 25 feet although he spent a few minutes writing a note which he pushed through the door. It didn't have his details on it or any form of delivery number which could help me track the package.

I arrived home and went through the automated phone line from hell to ask for the item to be delivered today...I had to spell out my name, address, postcode etc via some voice recognition technology letter by letter - I'm not joking, it took about 15 minutes. After I was told that my package would be delivered today I took a day off and waited, and waited and waited.....etc

Needless to say said package didn't arrive.

I called Parcel Farce but after waiting 25 minutes of listening to a jingle which explained that I would be connected 'any moment, and that basically they are so popular their operators were busy, I had to hang up. I presume that they are popular with customers ringing up to complain.

I am now going to have to travel a 60 mile round trip in the hope that my parcel is at my 'Local' depot.

Their website offers nowhere for disgruntled customers to leave feedback and there is no way to speak to a human being.

Other similar companies have at least offered an opportunity for you to speak with them and deal with any problems.

I want the e-mail of the MD so I can politely express my disgust at the appalling service that his company provided me.

I'd be interested to know whether I'm just an isolated casualty or whether others have had problems.

May the Farce be with you
Old 23 August 2007, 09:01 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

That's nothing.

They sent me a letter saying they couldn't find my address!
Old 23 August 2007, 09:13 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Her name is Vanessa Leeson if that helps (the MD that is).
Try v.leeson@parcelforce.com or vanessa.leeson@parcelforce.com
Also theres a phone number on the web for the MD - 01908 687249
Old 23 August 2007, 09:17 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Always have problems with them. Anything from failing to leave a card to say a delivery couldn't be made to lying and saying that they attempted to deliver when they didn't.
Old 23 August 2007, 11:46 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattN
That's nothing.

They sent me a letter saying they couldn't find my address!