Nokia 6300

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2007, 12:22 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nokia 6300

Has anyone on here got one ?

I want to take it apart to clean the dust from behind the screen but can't work out how to do it - can anyone shed any light ?

Thanks
Old 23 August 2007, 12:38 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Not a clue how to do that mate, but yet I got one and love it

Might be an unscrew jobbie.
Old 23 August 2007, 12:42 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Been a problem with every Nokia I've had (about 5) - I'm getting something else next time. My 6280 has just died but was a week out of warranty and (unknowingly) not insured.
Having to use a four year old one for six months!
Old 23 August 2007, 12:49 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Been a problem with every Nokia I've had (about 5) - I'm getting something else next time. My 6280 has just died but was a week out of warranty and (unknowingly) not insured.
Having to use a four year old one for six months!
Most phones are prone to letting in dust. The more that people want to have custom covers etc, the worse the seal on the phones will be.

Dont think its a Nokia issue tbh.

Does get annoying though lol
Old 23 August 2007, 05:07 PM
al4x1
Scooby Regular

no idea love my 6300 its a phone that phones people without too much of the other crap on it. Hope its insured if you're going to have much of a go though
Old 23 August 2007, 07:46 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

If dust is a real proble, try the Nokia 5500 sport. I've had mine 6 months and it still dust free.

Waterproof too. Well splash proof at least.
Old 24 August 2007, 09:51 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

I quite like the look of these. A lot slimmer than my current 6280 but the screen is similar size and menu system the same.

All the gadgets ala N95 are cool but realistically I never using anything other than calling, text, wap and camera. One thing the 6300 looks like it hasnt got is 3G - can u owners confirm that as I must admit I noticed a big difference when browsing sites over 3G compared to GPRS?

Tbh Ive never had another brand of phone (SE, Motorola etc) that let dust in. Old nokias are ok but in recent years they all seem to do it. Ok if screen comes off easy but a lot dont. They should really sort that out as other than that prob their phones are spot on

Simon
Old 24 August 2007, 10:01 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

My 6280 has just died on me so using an old 6230 until I'm "allowed" to upgrade.

Now I was pretty annoyed with Orange and Nokia - lost a load of numbers and info BUT the old phone is actually much better AS A PHONE!

Much longer battery life, smaller, easier to text and call people, much better reception.
Yes there's no colour screen, 3G (does have GPRS though) or ponsy ringtones but it's actually a much much better phone.

Who needs progress?!
Old 24 August 2007, 10:38 AM
worley
Scooby Regular

No dust problems with mine, as I bought it 3 weeks ago; as stated it's a very good phone without all the cr@p. It isn't 3G, but I wanted a good operating system and something that looked smart - all for £100.

However, I had big problems transfering all my contacts - as each number separated from the contact e.g John, John1, John2 and the user groups need redefining - difficult with 500+ numbers.

Nik
Old 24 August 2007, 10:39 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Oh yes - wife has the 6300 and it's a very good, robust "proper" phone for those whi actually make phonecalls and take the odd pic (camera good too).
Old 24 August 2007, 10:41 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by worley
No dust problems with mine, as I bought it 3 weeks ago; as stated it's a very good phone without all the cr@p. It isn't 3G, but I wanted a good operating system and something that looked smart - all for £100.

However, I had big problems transfering all my contacts - as each number separated from the contact e.g John, John1, John2 and the user groups need redefining - difficult with 500+ numbers.

Nik
I assume you transferred old phone -> sim -> new phone? It will do that due to the limitations of sim. If you backup to nokia data suite (should be free with phone on cd) then transfer to new phone it should be fine.

Simon
Old 24 August 2007, 11:46 AM
worley
Scooby Regular

P1Fanatic, good point - but my work laptop is 'locked-down' and new programs cannot be installed.

- Note to self - need to buy own laptop this weekend.

Nik