Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

wife just went flying in local shop

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2007, 11:16 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife just went flying in local shop

bloody cheeck, local co op shop wife walked in oveer the carpet mat they have ontop the floor and then onto the floor and went flying shes really hurt hurself bless her, no wet floor signs or anything the person behind the counter had the cheeck to say you ought to be carefull that floors wet !!! they said its some ladys fault who walked in with a wet umbrella, manager came out and filled in a accident form, but poor wifey shes god hip displacement problems etc anyway now she can hardly walk, cheeky *******s though they didnt even come over to help her up i cant believe it, everyone falls but they least they could of done is apologised and asked if she needed help

Last edited by apples24; 12 August 2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12 August 2007, 11:22 AM
baser999
Scooby Regular

Cheeky b*ggers - sue them - they should have put a sign out saying that the floor was wet. Give the Citizens Advice a call, perhaps get down to the doctor or hospital to support your claim that you really were concerned given her previous hip operations. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with the way they treated her.

Last edited by baser999; 12 August 2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12 August 2007, 11:25 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Watch really bad cable for ten minutes then you will the number of someone to call, "Ambulance Chasers R Us".

Sorry to hear about the accident though - get her to hospital then she will be able to claim more.

They cannot deny it if there was an accident form!
Old 12 August 2007, 11:29 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Is it actually displaced
Old 12 August 2007, 11:31 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

we are discussing weather or not to sue them or to just write a horrible letter as shes already topped herself up with nurofen etc and i think she is going to have to see doctor as its made her hip issues worse, going back 2 years a go she was on tramadol 500mg a day slow release, thats some serious pain releif lol she was walking around high as a kite all the time, she was on that for months

yes its hip dissplacement or something like that think its called spd shes had it since our first child was born but its only got worse, shes in pain all the time but she got herself off the medication on her own as had enough of it bless her

anyways were still undecided weather to sue or just write a horrible letter

Last edited by apples24; 12 August 2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12 August 2007, 11:41 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Get solicitor representation, not "sue"
See what they would do, see how the store and head office react.

2 letters from a solicitor for my neice falling in a Clarks shoe shop resulted in a £1000 "gesture" from the company.

Main thing though. Get her checked out, health is far more important than wealth. Hope she is ok, and that the shop learn some manners!
Old 12 August 2007, 11:44 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apples24
we are discussing weather or not to sue them or to just write a horrible letter as shes already topped herself up with nurofen etc and i think she is going to have to see doctor as its made her hip issues worse, going back 2 years a go she was on tramadol 500mg a day slow release, thats some serious pain releif lol she was walking around high as a kite all the time, she was on that for months

yes its hip dissplacement or something like that think its called spd shes had it since our first child was born but its only got worse, shes in pain all the time but she got herself off the medication on her own as had enough of it bless her

anyways were still undecided weather to sue or just write a horrible letter

I would see the doc and see what they have to say, she may have done damage (on top of her exisiting problem). I would sue if she has genuinely hurt herself and it has caused pain and sufffering due to this being entirley the fualt of the shop.

My local Co-Op is disgrace, the staff change from week to week, it smells terrible (sour milk, rotten foodstuffs) the isles are dangerous, loose products stacked in any space avaliable to attract the customers attention, out of date produce and loooooong que's.

We do not use it any more and travel the bit further to another privately owned and operated store run by an indian family who have had the shop some 15 years where the service and quality is much better!

Our local Co-Op was spot on for a long time, managed by a couple who took it wseriously and had the shop in tip top condition. They left and nbow it is a tip, the manger(s) now look to have just left school and do not seem to know what to do our how to do it.

Trending Topics

Old 12 August 2007, 11:45 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

yea she is going to docs moro morning but we know theres nothing they can do for her apart from pain releif
Old 12 August 2007, 06:46 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Awh I thought it was gonna be a joke about magic carpets!
Old 12 August 2007, 07:03 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you write a letter, make sure you spell Whether right ...... don't spell it weather!!
Old 12 August 2007, 07:07 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

spelling isn't my strong point i must admit, but thats what a spell checker is for
Old 12 August 2007, 07:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apples24
spelling isn't my strong point i must admit, but thats what a spell checker is for
It is ..... make sure you get letter proof read ... it carries a lot of weight if written well

Good luck and I hope she improves
Old 12 August 2007, 07:12 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

im gonna see how she gets on at docs, if its anything more than a few days of pain i will ask a solicitor for advice, if anything it costs her £60 to see david her blokey that corrects her bones etc (sorry cant rememebr what his job is called) and i expect now she will see him a good few times over the next couple months, she normally only sees him once a month.
Old 12 August 2007, 07:17 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I saw up her skirt when she tripped - I think I need some compensation now
Old 12 August 2007, 07:21 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

American State!
Old 12 August 2007, 07:28 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

i know i know im of the same opinion m8 everbodys sueing everybody etc pisses me off hence we had the long discussion wheather or not to see solicitor or write a letter.

to be honest if the manager popped over with a bunch flowers / chockys and an opology that would be the end of it but it never happens in this day and age.

shes allways has a light pain she has just learnt to ignore it over the years but shes limping like mad and i can see its hurting her, if it persists i will seek advice if anything to compensate her getting herself cricked back in a few times
Old 12 August 2007, 08:10 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

A few ex girlfriends of mine have suffered with displaced Hips .
Hope she is OK.

I dont think I have met her yet though .

Where theres blame theres a claim.