Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

all you photoshop lovers

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2007, 12:54 AM
djtempah
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb all you photoshop lovers

i need your help dose anyone know how to create a music album cover using photoshop? if any 1 would be willing to help eaiter reply here or PM me . thanks

Dan

Last edited by djtempah; 10 August 2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10 August 2007, 01:09 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Well the first thing you need to do is come up with an idea of what the cover design will be like. Once you have sorted that bit out, posting about how certain effects would be acheived is likely to yield more useful responses.

I'm not trying to be sarky here, but I have some albums whose covers simply use plain text on a coloured background (yay for Low Price Music and their awesome 'Best of Rave' series) and others that use a variety of weird and wonderful effects.

I suppose the most basic way to do it would be to take a picture of the band, or whatever, slap on the bands logo and the name of the album and try to use some text that looks appealing, rather than just using sodding Arial/Helevetica. But again, that's all down to the band, it probably wouldn't work so well for a rave act when the 'band' is likely some nerdy bloke in his 40s with a PC and a huge stack of MIDI kit and a few 303s etc.
Old 11 August 2007, 02:15 PM
djtempah
Scooby Regular

okie fanks mate i think we are all sorted now anyways hopefully. but if i need any mre help on the effects and stuff i will post it up.

thanks

dan