Recommend a good CCTV Security setup

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2007, 10:31 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend a good CCTV Security setup

Hi,

I am looking to secure my premises, namely the driveway and the garage where our cars are kept.

I am not looking for anything too over the top, just something that will work day and night and allow me to have a camera facing the driveway + garage area and one on the side/rear.

I've had a look at some DVR units but not sure what is the best setup, anyone had any experience and recommend a good kit for a small-ish budget.

Cheers,

Fz
Old 21 July 2007, 10:40 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

FZ. The market is full of dvr's now, just get yourself a 250 gb and a couple of decent vandelproof colour day/night cameras, just find yourself a local alarm supplier.
Old 22 July 2007, 09:52 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

I thought of doing something similar in the past but decided against it as i'm not sure what it would have achieved. The way i looked at it was if someone is coming to steal/vandalise your car they generally cover up themselves up so unless you are watching the screen 24/7 it probably won't help.

That said i have just noticed 3 links at the bottom of this page that might help
Old 22 July 2007, 09:57 AM
95stiwagon
Scooby Regular

for £300 you can get a really good system that records through your pc and the recording quality is exellent and it stays on all the time..You can also burn it all to disc..
Old 22 July 2007, 11:04 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i did this when my car was keyed a few months ago. started out by buying a simple wireless camera set up, which i connected to a 14" tv/vcr combo for recording. wasnt much good in the dark, but it put people off, as its drilled into the front of my house, as my car parks there.

decided on a halogen light for night time, but 300w of sunlight upset several neighbours within its maiden voyage, so enviromental health decided to come round and bollock me

do disconnected that, but left it up there as another off putter to potential criminals, and bought me a infrared light. thats sat in the upstairs window (inside until i repositions it outside), and when plugged in on a night time, can see most the car in brilliant light.

expensive and has been a pain in the ****, but the only thing to happen to my car since was a nail through one of my tyres. so not too bad.