Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

not good... someones used my name

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2007, 06:57 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not good... someones used my name

got a letter from insurance saying they have been informed of an accident and why havent i let them know, so i call them, aparantly there was an accident back in march, they supplied me the car i was sposed to be driving, M39WTM i looked on net and its a golf vr6 and ive havent owned one in the last 5 years or so, the car that was hit was a focus ey56xsj the blokes name is gavin harrington, naturally i told them totally nothing to do with me, im very concerned as someones using my name from what i can gather, what gets me is how the hell did they get my insurance details???

i think im going to have to go to the police as ive tried ringing all the harrington names in southampton and cant find a gavin, if i can atleast find him i can call him and see what the hell is going on, im paranoid as hell as if someone is using my name what else are they up to
Old 18 July 2007, 07:27 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

and I was worried 'cos I got a letter from Virgin Media thanking me for my letter and they were looking into my complaint despite the fact that I've never been a customer of their nor have I ever written to them.

Just stand your ground. Presumably, the Dibble can trace the car to the true owner.
Old 18 July 2007, 07:39 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

been to the police beliebve it or not theres not a lot they can do, they said its down to the insurance but i did get the women to look the focus up to see if they can get in contact with this gavin bloke and it came back to a fleet car ffs just my luck, so all i can do is call insurance in morning and tell them, this is buging me some ****** is out there using my name when he gets stopped etc
Old 18 July 2007, 08:04 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

hmmn theres a gavin harrington on friends reunited hes in berkshire but im not a paid member on there so cant email him lol, might or might not be him
Old 18 July 2007, 09:13 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

lol maybe