Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

FujiFilm technical support - any experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2007, 12:11 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry FujiFilm technical support - any experiences?

Last year I got a Fuji A500 digital camera for my birthday...

It took me a while to figure out - but the clock was running at 1/2 speed I contacted Fuji and they said it would have to come in for repair (post at my expense ) Shortly after it developed a lense problem and was unuseable - so I contacted them again and sent it in to have the 2 problems repaired.

After a week or so it arrived back having had the lense replaced - but the clock was still running too slow. I contacted them again and they promised to send out a post paid bag to return it in. I duly returned it to them again... It arrived back 1 1/2 weeks later (due to postal strikes and stuff ) and it is now a 4M pixel camera instead of a 5M pixel camera - not pleased!

- contacted tech support again and they have offered to replace the camera with a new A500 I asked if there was any opportunity to upgrade (as you can if the thing is out of warranty) - but no that option is not available! - they will send me out a returns package so I can return my camera to the for the 3rd time and then send a replacement (new) A500.

I was planning on getting one of the newer F31fd cameras but if their service department are this poor I think I'd rather avoid Fuji in the future - or are they all like this?

Yours depressed...

Mick
Old 17 July 2007, 04:09 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have 4 x A120's for archival purposes all with Fuji's Super Warranty. I've currently got one in for a fault that is beyond reasonable cost to repair (no parts being made). They "mislaid" my letter regarding the superwarranty and tried to charge me for a new model at a discounted price until I informed them about the warranty and its cover. They will be sending me out a new model but I've yet to see that so I dont know if they are going to up/down grade it.

We had a repair a year ago on another camera that went smoothly, out repaired and back within a week.

Luck of the draw it would seem, as with almost all companies these days.

Jules
Old 18 July 2007, 09:19 AM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

what sort of discount do you get for the new one? - I wanted to upgrade - but they said they couldn't do it since it was a warranty repair???

You can buy these cameras refurbished off their website for £49 all in - seems hardly worth the bother of sending it back in for repair 3 times now...

Mick
Old 18 July 2007, 01:52 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were offering me about 38 quid on a 99 quid camera until I told them about the warranty.