Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

MMA Fight Fans, Brock Lesnar...

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2007, 10:25 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMA Fight Fans, Brock Lesnar...

Not sure if anyone else is aware of a company called Elite XC, who are trying to put together a MMA show on the 2nd June.

It's there first show so not sure if it'll be much cop, but one thing to look forward to is that Brock Lesnar will be making his MMA debut.

He is a super-athlete with strength that most bears would be envious of. It's his MMA debut but he has been training with the likes of Sean Sherk and Matt Hughes, and given his immense strength, speed, and athletisism he should be a force if he can transfer wrestling skills into MMA skills.

Looks like he has managed to drop 20 odd pounds and make it to 265 pounds, which screams that he is trying to get picked up by the UFC, and I would imagine this fight on the 2nd will simply be a chance for him to show he can actually fight, after which Id expect some sort of interest from Dana White and co.

He has done a lot of wrestling in the pantomime world of WWE unfortunately, but even though it's pretend the bits ive seen of him wrestling show his raw strength.

Im really looking forward to seeing him fight, he has all the natural ability to be a force in MMA, and taking a punch from him would probably kill most people, his stats are massive and what he can bench press would probably qualify him for worlds strongest man!!

It doesnt look like any channels will show this live or anything, but should be on youtube shortly after it finishes.

Some details: Brock Lesnar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 31 May 2007, 10:27 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

He is and was second fiddle to Big Show and Goldberg on the WWE.
Old 31 May 2007, 11:56 AM
lem6
Scooby Regular

isn't royce gracie fighting on the same card?
Old 31 May 2007, 11:57 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

There's a few scoobynet cage fighters that could take him out
Old 31 May 2007, 12:01 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally. Heard about this a long while back. Should be very interesting to see if he can actually fight, or take a punch even. If he can't take a punch, he'll end up being the white Bob Sapp.

Edit: Just seen his stats. I thought he was 6'6 - 6'7 hence the Bob Sapp comment. I definately thought he was bigger than 6'2.
Old 31 May 2007, 12:17 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

I am hoping he can fight well too, initial reports seem positive, it's just whether he can take a punch, but he seems like the sort of guy that could.

Interview about it here: YouTube - Brock Lesnar local interview

Lesnar is only 6"2, but walk around weight of 280 pounds, and massive strength and speed, very agile for someone around 20 stone, the Vikings were amazed at how fast he could sprint.

Royce Gracie is fighting, I recon he is a has been though who's talents peaked years ago, and now he is out of his depth unless he gets an opponent that is rubbish
Old 31 May 2007, 01:00 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I fought Brock outide Tesco Express last Friday. Stupid lad asked me to buy his beers for him because he didnt look old enough to get served...
He got served alright... Abdabz stylee

As for the strength of a bear??!!?? Pooh bear perhaps, but I feel if Brock took on natures latest version of Gentle Ben, the grizzly and his friends would need to buy shares in Woop *** (whatever that is)...
Old 31 May 2007, 02:01 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

I recon strength of the bear is about right, he also has eyes of the hawk and speed of the puma, and goes by the name of Marshall Bravestar on weekends.
Old 31 May 2007, 03:20 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by SideShowBob
I recon strength of the bear is about right, he also has eyes of the hawk and speed of the puma, and goes by the name of Marshall Bravestar on weekends.

I would be very surprised if Brock did actually tip the scales at twenty stones, the WWE have a propensity to add a few pounds when announcing weights. He is very quick for his size and atheletic. However I reckon at his peak Goldberg was stronger and the two freaks Big Show and Giant Kali would be a match for anyone.
Old 31 May 2007, 03:39 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

His weight was confirmed when he did American Football with the Vikings, id never take anything WWE stated as anything even approaching fact, and as for true strength, as ballet dancers in the pantomime of the WWE I dont doubt those people are very strong, but how they would do as MMA fighters where you cant hit eachother with chairs, and the person you're throwing doesnt jump to help you out, Im not sure any of those guys would be as strong or dangerous as Lesnar.

He has already proven himself in a genuine arena by being an NCAA champion wrsetler, and 4 times heavyweight All American champion, and that's real wrestling. He also did very well with the Vikings proving his genuine athletisism.

I dont think he's the greatest thing since girls grew **** or anything, but I also dont think he should be tarnished with the same brush as WWE wrestling types, Im looking forward to seeing if he can live up to the hype.

If so, we'll have a giant Matt Hughes in the UFC, with some work on his standup he could be a genuine contender.
Old 31 May 2007, 03:59 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

ELITE XC Have allready done an mma show feat renzo gracie on feb 10th
they are run by gary shaw a boxing promoter, ex manager of jeff lacy
the show was so so but fair play to gary for seeing the future
Old 31 May 2007, 06:10 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Isnt Elite the one that Brandon Vera is trying to join. Not sure if he really wants to or is just trying to get more money out of Dana. Only time will tell I guess. Shame though as he looked lethal in the UFC. Wouldnt mind seeing him against Silvia or Arlovski.

Simon
Old 31 May 2007, 10:58 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't envy Brock getting in the ring with this guy:

YouTube - Hong Man Tribute(alexrazzWTF)