Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Insurance due?? Try Admiral

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2007, 10:18 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance due?? Try Admiral

Ive been with Norwich union for 7 years and, even though I check each year, they are always the best value.

Ive just bought a Z3M and the best quote I found was £1078 using Confused and Norwich Union wanted £480 to transfer from my current car for the remaining 7 months of the current policy.

Someone suggested Admiral and made some daft claims about how cheap they were so I gave them a whirl.

£505 for me and my 26 year old wife whose been driving a year.....fully protected etc.

I get £210 refund from Norwich Union and insure for a full year for £505.
Old 15 May 2007, 10:56 PM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

wow that seems v cheap m8
didnt they come up on confused ?
Old 15 May 2007, 11:13 PM
totalllama
Scooby Regular

Never seen Admiral on Confused.com or Moneysupermarket.com - bell seem to come up (who are admiral without the pirate and bird crap) and give reasonable quotes.
Old 15 May 2007, 11:57 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Note they won't replace any non standard parts (includes flamer kits).
Old 16 May 2007, 12:02 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Note they won't replace any non standard parts (includes flamer kits).
Not replacing a flamer kit sounds pretty sensible to me
Old 16 May 2007, 12:17 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
Not replacing a flamer kit sounds pretty sensible to me

Old 16 May 2007, 07:40 AM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Terminator wrx
wow that seems v cheap m8
didnt they come up on confused ?
No mate and to be honest I havent seen them on any insurance searchsite.
Old 16 May 2007, 07:58 AM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

i used to be insured with the, for both the scoob and my other weekday car. Then they started getting silly, they where asking me for more money when i changed the car i used during the week, so i went looking else where. Direct Line came in half the price for both cars, but that was if the scoob was standard. I actually got the scoob insured, with all mods declared with Greenlight for 500 quid less than what i was paying for a standard subaru with admiral.
Old 16 May 2007, 07:59 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I was insured with Admiral once, never again.
Old 16 May 2007, 08:13 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Admiral are often cheap for the first year/new perons discount but then go up a fair bit.

The irony is that NU are usually real expensive (sometimes twice as much), or always have been when i have shopped around. Gary Moulson sorted our car insurances through NU at a great price.
Old 16 May 2007, 08:14 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Admiral are often cheap for the first year/new perons discount but then go up a fair bit.

The irony is that NU are usually real expensive (sometimes twice as much), or always have been when i have shopped around. Gary Moulson sorted our car insurances through NU at a great price.
However, would not insure with Admiral agian, terrible service if you need to claim - in my experience.
Old 16 May 2007, 08:44 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I went online a couple of years ago for a quote on Admiral, entered in all my details and it came back at something like 37pence, used matchsticks and a bag of belly button fluff per year!
Hurrah I thought, so just to be sure I phoned them up to confirm the quote.
The guy read through my online application with me and asked about use of vehcile.
Now I had declared a true estimated annual mileage etc and stated that it would not be used for business purposes, just S,D & P... I was told that because I commute in my car I didnt qualify for S,D & P (not stated on the website or with any other insurer I have used / had quotes from in 16 years - although I now know it to be a growing trend)...
My quote then rose to £14million per minute well it leaped into four figures from around £800... And took the premium over and above Liverpool Vic, Direct Line, Tesco and many others...
Be careful, it's a bungle out there...
Old 16 May 2007, 08:59 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Abdabz
I went online a couple of years ago for a quote on Admiral, entered in all my details and it came back at something like 37pence, used matchsticks and a bag of belly button fluff per year!
Hurrah I thought, so just to be sure I phoned them up to confirm the quote.
The guy read through my online application with me and asked about use of vehcile.
Now I had declared a true estimated annual mileage etc and stated that it would not be used for business purposes, just S,D & P... I was told that because I commute in my car I didnt qualify for S,D & P (not stated on the website or with any other insurer I have used / had quotes from in 16 years - although I now know it to be a growing trend)...
My quote then rose to £14million per minute well it leaped into four figures from around £800... And took the premium over and above Liverpool Vic, Direct Line, Tesco and many others...
Be careful, it's a bungle out there...
No wonder people get put off and confused and do not insure their cars with horror stories like this. I for one will never renew my policy...
Old 16 May 2007, 10:47 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

However, would not insure with Admiral agian, terrible service if you need to claim - in my experience.
Always an interesting one.

We've had the cars insured with Admiral for years - always the cheapest, and great customer service so far.

When all and sundry wanted sully mooney to insure the integra, admiral came in at half the direct line quote.

Filled the diesel BMW with petrol last year (ouch) resulting in a £4,500 claim for a new fuel system (drove it, long story)

Paid up with no problems, happy to use main dealer for work (just wanted claim assessed - fair enough) and didn't try and stiff me at renewal time

Changed cars, again they had the best quote. Wife's car quote came in recently, cheap as chips.

The only thing they wont do is hire you a car if you don't use their approved bodyshop - fair enough, I knew that anyway.

All the so called perks that direct line are currently advertising? You get with admiral too. Happy to import multiple years no claims when I came out of car scheme, and gave both wife and I max no claims discount on two cars when she was only a named driver.

100% satisfied so far.
Old 16 May 2007, 12:14 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Agreed, if you need to claim its hell. Took me over 2 years to get my case sorted, legal cover was at best useless. I ended up going to small claims court to sort my insurance problem.
Old 16 May 2007, 12:49 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

I have been with A-Plan for a few years now, have insured a scooby, Evo, Mondeo and X5 all cheaper that I could get anywhere else.

I wrote my modded evo off 2 hours after the policy started. Took about 2 months but got everything sorted in the end with the delay mainly down to getting info about the time of the accident from the police.

Cannot recommend them highly enough