Vegans Kill baby !

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2007, 03:40 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vegans Kill baby !

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...4&provider=top

In the first case of its kind in Georgia, two vegan parents were convicted by a Fulton County jury Wednesday of starving their newborn to death.

Fulton prosecutors painted a grim picture of a newborn murdered by starvation. They said his parents kept only one bottle in the house, and only fed their son soy milk and apple juice.

Prosecutors said it was planned; that their vegan diet was just a ruse. They said 6-week-old Crown Thomas never stood a chance.

"Had the child received breast milk, had the child been adequately fed, he would be alive," said Fulton County prosecutor Michael Carlson.

But the defense and the parents -- Jade Sanders and Lamont Thomas -- said they did what they thought was best for their baby boy. They were vegans. They said soy milk and apple juice seemed like a reasonable alternative.

"They did what they thought was right," said the baby's grandmother, Carlyn Thomas.

Minutes after the verdict, the emotional father said, "We didn't starve my son to death. We didn't starve my son for weeks and weeks and weeks."

Jurors found both parents guilty of murder and child cruelty.

"In fact, the first time he ever saw a doctor was when he was brought dead on arrival to Piedmont Hospital in a state that was clearly beyond malnourishment, but starvation," said Carlson.

"You know we've been vegetarians," said Lamont Thomas. "We're against animal cruelty. So why would I be cruel to my son? We're against animals being burdened. Why would be cruel and burden him and try to drive around and do something with his body? We're going to jail for no reason."

Jade Sanders and Lamont Thomas face a mandatory life sentence in prison for the murder conviction. They remain in Fulton County Jail until sentencing next week.

Old 05 May 2007, 03:45 PM
Fart Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with the prosecution, either being vegan was a ruse/excuse to defend their case or they are very stupid people, and I doubt the latter. But I stand to be corrected
Old 05 May 2007, 06:44 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Vegans are holier than thou arseholes anyway, but this is just digusting. It also disproves all their vegan theories but I doubt they'll get that.
Old 05 May 2007, 06:56 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is sad that,messed up world we live in.
Old 05 May 2007, 11:57 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Vegans!! i think both of these f**kers need to be starved to death

This is one fcuked up world