Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

tom tom poi question

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2007, 07:59 PM
farmerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tom tom poi question

just downloaded Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database, there are 3 zip files can anybody tell me what the difference is between these?
pgpsw-speed-cam-consolidated
pgpsw-speed-cams-single
pgpsw-speed-cams-zoned
Old 02 May 2007, 08:33 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Q. What camera database categories do I need?

A. It is down to personal choice and the limitations of your SatNav package. If you were to stay in the UK there are 3 levels of options (if unsure just download the single file cameras, and when you have a better understanding of it all, download other files) :

Single File: Contains all the speed cameras in a single file irrespective of type. As stated above, this category contains all of the above categories, except for the Continental one. It is for UK users who have SatNav systems that can only use a limited number of POI categories at time.

Consolidated by Type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera. This is just the main categories and none of the subcategories that show speed limits.

Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type. If you want the above but with subcategories of the Gatso, Mobile, and SPECS databases to show speed related cameras.

From

Pocket GPS World Forums-viewtopic-Speed Camera Database Questions And Answers
Old 02 May 2007, 08:38 PM
Anderooo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely broken down by Nigel there. I prefer the single type as then I can select which type of camera's I want to listen out for.

One reason is I always turn off specs as speeding in roadworks is about as stupid as speeding outside a school, and most of the camera positions are so out of date its not worth the hassle of throwing the satnav across the car for bleeting at you.

Download them all, and see which ones you find are best for you.