Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife swap thread?

Where's the Wife Swap thread gone?
Old 16 April 2007, 06:08 PM
gatty
Scooby Regular

its like every thing else ..................if your English you cant have an opinion, i got an infraction for racist comments load of *****.

Has no one on here got the back bone to debate this one out?

as a muslim maz was you offended by my comments?
Old 16 April 2007, 06:11 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gatty
its like every thing else ..................if your English you cant have an opinion, i got an infraction for racist comments load of *****.

you racist!
Old 16 April 2007, 06:18 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

What an interesting programme it was - the families so full of laughter and the very joy of life [NOT!]. A sensible thread would be good...
Old 16 April 2007, 06:19 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

I personally wasn't offended. You had your opinion and aired it, participation in the programme should have been about give and take. To be honest I thought the English family came across as pleasant folk.
Old 16 April 2007, 06:29 PM
gatty
Scooby Regular

the scousers were normal English folk the kind who make up the majority of this nation. they dont need some imported faith and values rammed down there throats. We have our ways and they are our ways a bit ruff round the edges but salt of the earth. i fear if most muslim households have this school of thought then surly this is a clear sign on non intergration and not fitting in,clearly have no interest in adopting British ways.
Old 16 April 2007, 06:33 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

the scousers were normal English folk the kind who make up the majority of this nation. they dont need some imported faith and values rammed down there throats.
Well, that's the whole point of the programme, gatty - bringing together two absolutely polarised groups and filming the conflict for our entertainment. It shouldn't be viewed as a microcosm of real life.
Old 16 April 2007, 06:42 PM
gatty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Well, that's the whole point of the programme, gatty - bringing together two absolutely polarised groups and filming the conflict for our entertainment. It shouldn't be viewed as a microcosm of real life.

so err your hold the answers then? Do you know thats not how most muslim familys get by day to day? And hold such repressed veiws? and judge and blah blah blah
Old 16 April 2007, 06:47 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

the scousers were normal English folk the kind who make up the majority of this nation. they dont need some imported faith and values rammed down there throats. We have our ways and they are our ways a bit ruff round the edges but salt of the earth. i fear if most muslim households have this school of thought then surly this is a clear sign on non intergration and not fitting in,clearly have no interest in adopting British ways.
To be honest I don't think most muslims are quite that strict. It's about interpretation, leaders can say this and that but one thing is for sure to be a good religious person of any faith, one must be a good human being first. Exclusion and non integration is not a sign of a good person especially when in someone else's country.

Secondly forcing something upon someone else is forbidden in Islam it is very hypocritical to claim to be a good muslim and force your ideology. Besides force will encourage rebellion as was witnessed in the programme, the two muslim sisters showed clear signs of rebelling.
Old 16 April 2007, 06:50 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Wink

So this isnt thread wasn't about keys on the table and see who you get wife swapping then?
Old 16 April 2007, 06:52 PM
gatty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
To be honest I don't think most muslims are quite that strict. It's about interpretation, leaders can say this and that but one thing is for sure to be a good religious person of any faith, one must be a good human being first. Exclusion and non integration is not a sign of a good person especially when in someone else's country.

Secondly forcing something upon someone else is forbidden in Islam it is very hypocritical to claim to be a good muslim and force your ideology. Besides force will encourage rebellion as was witnessed in the programme, the two muslim sisters showed clear signs of rebelling.
good post maz couldent agree more, but these kind are here and there are judging, fact.

i still will never accept the likes of head dresses ,burkers, halal, and building of mosques every where etc.., but hey thats just me.
Old 16 April 2007, 07:02 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

good post maz couldent agree more, but these kind are here and there are judging, fact.

i still will never accept the likes of head dresses ,burkers, halal, and building of mosques every where etc.., but hey thats just me.

There are aspects in all walks of life that we don't find edifying. However when in Rome....
Old 16 April 2007, 07:03 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by FlightMan
So this isnt thread wasn't about keys on the table and see who you get wife swapping then?
Wonder if the Scoobynet massive is up for it?
Old 16 April 2007, 07:04 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Hey up Bubba, how's the carving going?
Old 16 April 2007, 07:10 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Wonder if the Scoobynet massive is up for it?

Sounds fun. Think the lads outnumber the lasses though.
Old 16 April 2007, 07:11 PM
gatty
Scooby Regular

has swinging ever been discussed on sn? anyone owned up? ******* keys in the pot etc..
Old 16 April 2007, 07:13 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swapped my wife once .... got a Hammer Drill - not bad at all, highly recommend it
Old 16 April 2007, 11:10 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Well I found it quite saddening to watch really - the show tip-toed through what I thought was the yoke of Islam on that strict family. They couldnt move or make decisions without consulting a reference book or something; their daughters touched on a few things and I'm sure that was for the good.

Decent and honourable as the Muslim family were, I think the British couple came across as better role models through their better enjoyment of life and their demonstrably better tolerance of others' beliefs.

I wont call it a brave programme as that shouldnt be the case - all were living in UK after all - but I could sense the multi-layered committees behind the editing of that one!

D
Old 16 April 2007, 11:49 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Swapped my wife once .... got a Hammer Drill - not bad at all, highly recommend it
Yeah you can have her back now Pete. I need the drill to put some shelves up at the weekend.