James Herriot way?

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 02:11 PM
f1sh4u
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question James Herriot way?

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone has done this 4 day walk and offer me some advice.

I am hoping to do it shortly, but i can't find a decent map/guide of the walk online. The best i could find was this:
Herriot Way, N Yorkshire

I have the correct OS map, but i was hoping for a more detailed guide. With information for example where to pick up the paths and which paths to follow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Old 03 April 2007, 03:03 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Seems a like a good hike
I am planning my first stroll up Scafell Pike this spring/summer and have had the same problems. Lot's of vague maps, poor desciptions and commercial websites trying to sell me gaitors and beds for the night etc...

I found the Wainright Walks programme on BBC4 useful and have kept it on the planner. I feel I may struggle carrying my tele and skybox up the pike though, plus where would I get a cable long enough

Good luck on your quest! I hope the weather is good for you
Old 03 April 2007, 05:32 PM
f1sh4u
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Seems a like a good hike
I am planning my first stroll up Scafell Pike this spring/summer and have had the same problems. Lot's of vague maps, poor desciptions and commercial websites trying to sell me gaitors and beds for the night etc...

I found the Wainright Walks programme on BBC4 useful and have kept it on the planner. I feel I may struggle carrying my tele and skybox up the pike though, plus where would I get a cable long enough

Good luck on your quest! I hope the weather is good for you
Thanks! I have checked the forecast and it seems like it should be ok(ish) 15 degrees with sun/cloud... decent hiking weather i hope.

I have still been searching for more info but not had much luck yet. I might end up having to rely on OS map and compass, but i was hoping to find something a little more 'descriptive'.