Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay feedback annoyance

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2007, 11:39 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay feedback annoyance

It really annoys me that when i purchase from ebay the seller wont leave feedback until I do, this is becomming more and more common

My part of the transaction
I commit to purchase an item
I fulfill my commitment by making payment for agreed amount

Thats it! Im finished - leave me feedback!!!!!!!

Sellers part of transaction
Supply goods as described in auction, once received and satisfied I will leave you feedback. Simple!

Ebay need to fix this annoying trend by not allowing sellers feedback until buyers feedback has been given
Old 31 March 2007, 11:47 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

I agree
Old 31 March 2007, 11:50 AM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

It does annoy me as well, ebay should change it as you say
Old 31 March 2007, 11:52 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Rubbish
The transaction is not completed on the sellers part until the item has been recieved by the buyer.
I do not leave it until the buyer has indicated satisfactory receipt by leaving feedback. No exceptions.

I am a powerseller, and you get an increasing number of idiots on there nowadays.
If you moan about say, postage cost, postage time, postie left it on your doorstep, it goes missing, is wrong size, or whatever (pick from a variety of stupid reasons that people choose) and therefore decide to neg me, or moan generally, i am perfectly within my rights to leave you a slated feedback for that.

I have enough feedbacks (and 100% too) to not really care if someone leaves me any or not nowadays. Most people understand how the system works.
And please don't message someone pestering them to leave you feedback-especially when they are high volume sellers. really bloody annoying.
Old 31 March 2007, 11:57 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
Rubbish
The transaction is not completed on the sellers part until the item has been recieved by the buyer.
I do not leave it until the buyer has indicated satisfactory receipt by leaving feedback. No exceptions.

I am a powerseller, and you get an increasing number of idiots on there nowadays.
If you moan about say, postage cost, postage time, postie left it on your doorstep, it goes missing, is wrong size, or whatever (pick from a variety of stupid reasons that people choose) and therefore decide to neg me, or moan generally, i am perfectly within my rights to leave you a slated feedback for that.

I have enough feedbacks (and 100% too) to not really care if someone leaves me any or not nowadays. Most people understand how the system works.
And please don't message someone pestering them to leave you feedback-especially when they are high volume sellers. really bloody annoying.
Im glad shops dont have your attitude to customers!
Old 31 March 2007, 12:06 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

And what attitude is that?
The attitude that the transaction is not complete until the buyer is fully happy and indicates this?
I wish more bloody shops DID have that attitude rather than 'we've had your money, now **** off' after sales service.

In my experience, if people know feedback has been left for them already and they havent left it for you, some people will try it on and threaten you with a negative if you dont do what they want. Hence my approach.
The majority of experienced sellers will agree with me on that, which is why it is done that way.

You sound like one of the aforementioned moaners TBH. Life's too short.

Last edited by Freak; 31 March 2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 31 March 2007, 12:12 PM
turbomatt
Scooby Regular

And what attitude is that?
The attitude that the transaction is not complete until the buyer is fully happy and indicates this?
I wish more bloody shops DID have that attitude rather than 'we've had your money, now **** off' after sales service.

In my experience, if people know feedback has been left for them already and they havent left it for you, some people will try it on and threaten you with a negative if you dont do what they want. hence my approach.
The majority of experienced sellers will agree with me on that, hence why it is done that way.

You sound like one of the aforementioned moaners TBH. Life's too short.
He's correct! I too sell on Ebay occasionaly and have been stung after leaving good feedback only to have the buyer give me negative feedback for taking 3 days to deliver or something petty like that.I ALWAYS wait now until feedback for what i have sold has being sent tome me.If you have paid and are happy with your item you have no reason to not leave any feedback and will recieve yours in return!
Old 31 March 2007, 12:23 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Cant you post a follow up.
Old 31 March 2007, 12:51 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Cant you post a follow up.
You can but you've still left them positive feedback and they've left you negative.

Ebay and paypal rules weigh heavily in the buyers favour and there are lots of tossers out there who will use any situation to their advantage. When I'm selling I won't leave feedback until the buyer does as I want to know you've received the item and are happy with it. Seems reasonable to me and everyone knows that's how it works, if you don't like it don't buy on ebay.
Old 31 March 2007, 01:32 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turbomatt
If you have paid and are happy with your item you have no reason to not leave any feedback and will recieve yours in return!
Thats how i do it too. If i sell i wait for the buyer to leave feedback as you want to know they have received it,not damaged in the post,etc. Once they leave + then i do too.

If i buy and receive it as i expected i leave + without waiting. Then i hope they leave + too but as i have over 30+ over a 5 year period if they dont i'm not bothered.
I also have a negative from a newbie,but i think most people can see past that.
Old 31 March 2007, 03:27 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Originally Posted by turbomatt
He's correct! I too sell on Ebay occasionaly and have been stung after leaving good feedback only to have the buyer give me negative feedback for taking 3 days to deliver or something petty like that.I ALWAYS wait now until feedback for what i have sold has being sent tome me.If you have paid and are happy with your item you have no reason to not leave any feedback and will recieve yours in return!
i've been stung on ebay like this as well.i never leave feed back till they have
Old 31 March 2007, 05:22 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another one in agreement with freak. Too many wasters on ebay who'll leave you a neg because they think it's a laugh, or you've charged them 50p on top of the postage costs to cover the cost of the padded envelope.
Old 31 March 2007, 06:33 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I've bugged a fairly large scale seller for feed back before - but it had been a couple of weeks, and not being a massive user of ebay, every bit of feed back is important to me.
Old 31 March 2007, 07:04 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

I'm with Freak too - the way it works is:

- you pay for an item
- I ship it
- then, you indicate that you're actually happy with the item - that it's what you wanted, and that you accept its condition, and that it's not been damaged in the post, and that you understand why the postage charge isn't exactly the same as the value of stamps on the box... and any other excuses an awkward buyer might use to whinge and complain.
- only at this point, when you've accepted the item, is the deal complete
- you then leave feedback for me
- I promptly leave feedback for you. Everyone goes away happy.

What I won't do is risk bad feedback without at least leaving myself a way to warn other users that you're a whinger.
Old 31 March 2007, 07:19 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Jaybird. If you purchase something as a buyer and you are happy with the item,the delivery and the transaction why not say so straight away. No reason to wait.
If you're the seller,then there is every reason to wait. The item may get lost in the post and the buyer may be a total arsehole about it. Always wait till the transaction is complete if you're the seller.

Simple.
Old 31 March 2007, 07:44 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

am i right in thinking there's some sort of automated feedback system that a seller can use?

just seems alot of the time i get feedback left within minutes of leaving mine and it's the same as has been left for other people?

might be a coincidence, and i fully agree the seller should hold back from leaving feedback until it's given, too many nobbers on ebay nowadays!!
Old 31 March 2007, 08:10 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

I agree with the majority of others here also.

As a seller i wont leave feedback until the buyer does.

Nothing wrong with that at all, buyer could pretend item was not received, leave bad feedback, reclaim paypal etc.

They are less likely to mess around and fake undelivered post if feedback for them has not been given
Old 31 March 2007, 08:43 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

And why not?

you got your rep up, by buyers giving feedback, so why shouldnt we expect the same.

it really irks me when ive paid on the button, left feedback within minutes of recieving the item, then the seller cant be bothered or dosent give me feedback..

they generally never get another purchase..

feedback counts, its what makes the system work (in theory )

Mart
Old 31 March 2007, 09:01 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Originally Posted by mart360
And why not?

you got your rep up, by buyers giving feedback, so why shouldnt we expect the same.

it really irks me when ive paid on the button, left feedback within minutes of recieving the item, then the seller cant be bothered or dosent give me feedback..

they generally never get another purchase..

feedback counts, its what makes the system work (in theory )

Mart
i alway leave feedback but only after i get it if i'm the seller.I've been emailed by a buyer asking for feed back but not wonting to give it first