Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Wogan.

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2007, 11:05 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Wogan.

Apparently our Tezza is the only celebrity who charges for his services on Comic Relief. All the other presenters and acts give their time for free. Terry charges £1300 an hour for the seven hour stint! Don't know about anyone else but he has certainly gone down in my estimation.
Old 10 March 2007, 11:07 AM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

He is and always has been a bumbling boring w4nker. This just sums him up.
Old 10 March 2007, 11:21 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Are we talking about the same Wogan here?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ighlight=wogan

Chip
Old 10 March 2007, 11:24 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Chip
Are we talking about the same Wogan here?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ighlight=wogan

Chip
Missed that Mods either amalgamate or delete please.
Old 10 March 2007, 11:32 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Not very impressive is it.

Les
Old 10 March 2007, 11:58 AM
EBRWRX
Scooby Regular

The only relief in Comic Relief is when the whole thing is over. Celebrities "giving up their night" indeed.

If I was TW I'd be charging double to host the whole embarrassing charade and a complete waste of my license fee. If I want to give to charity I'll give it to one (or several) of my choice thanks.
Old 10 March 2007, 01:45 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Apparently our Tezza is the only celebrity who charges for his services on Comic Relief. All the other presenters and acts give their time for free. Terry charges £1300 an hour for the seven hour stint! Don't know about anyone else but he has certainly gone down in my estimation.
thats very sickening i always liked him since i woz a kid for a guy wae his fame and 3 books tae his name, he is a w@nker for being like this

unless he is charging 1300 an hr tae give it as charity tae the same children in need its fine
Old 10 March 2007, 03:30 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

unsurprising, smug talentless paddy! Probably the most over-rated presenter of several generations.
Old 10 March 2007, 03:48 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I think Tel is fantastic and dont give a toss if he charges or not
Old 10 March 2007, 03:56 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

He was also living and working here for many years and never bothered to get British nationality. Until he got a knighthood and wasn't able to use the title "Sir" with his Irish nationality...
Old 10 March 2007, 06:00 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Some interesting and rather funny comments here.

Wogan Disgust - Digital Spy Forums
Old 10 March 2007, 10:04 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

! enjoy his radio show (**** - ageing too soon !). However, given that around the time of Children in Need he mercilessly rams down our throats the idea we sould be giving up our hard end cash - he could at least do the same !
Old 10 March 2007, 10:13 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
! enjoy his radio show (**** - ageing too soon !). However, given that around the time of Children in Need he mercilessly rams down our throats the idea we sould be giving up our hard end cash - he could at least do the same !
Ditto. He does bring a titter or two.
Old 10 March 2007, 10:34 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Ditto. He does bring a titter or two.
True, but you just never know how much of it is scripted ?
Old 10 March 2007, 10:39 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
True, but you just never know how much of it is scripted ?
True, it is funny though. 'I have a letter here from Mr. Jarse. Good morning Hugh.'
Old 10 March 2007, 11:04 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

True, it is funny though. 'I have a letter here from Mr. Jarse. Good morning Hugh.'

Old 11 March 2007, 01:03 AM
Curse of the Rushing Gimp
Scooby Regular

Wogan happily goes round the audience with a bucket trying to make them part with their hard earned. I'd be cringing if i were him accepting a fee for this programme. Its greed nothing else.
Old 11 March 2007, 04:14 AM
DJ Vinyl Ritchie
BANNED

The greedy git

I think his employers are as much to blame for this.......if they are willing to give into his ''demands'' of £1.3k/hr, then they are scum also. They should tell him to **** off

There are plenty of worthy contenders who could do the job much better than that twonk anyway.

As we are on the ''Irish'' theme, here are some jokes for your amusement

A pregnant irish girl phones home, ''mam oi tink me waters have broke.......'' ''oh me holy jaysus, where are ya ringing from?''

''I'm ringing from me minge to me fockin ankles.''

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murphy calls to see his mate Paddy, who has a broken leg.
Paddy says, ''my feet are freezing mate, could you nip upstairs and get my slippers?''

''No bother'' he says, and he runs upstairs, as he gets to the top, he sees Paddys 2 stunning 18yr old daughters sitting on their bed.

''Hello girls, your dad sent me up here to **** ya both.''

''**** off ya liar'' they say.

''I'll prove it'' says Murph........ So he shouts down the stairs, ''Both of them Pad?''

''Of course, what's the use in fecking one.''

DJ Vinyl Ritchie................One thing the Irish women have going for them is their accent, sexy as ****. Talk about premature ejaculation
Old 11 March 2007, 04:39 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

dj vinyl ritchie... similar to santa claus in the fact he only seems to be around once a year
Old 11 March 2007, 04:44 AM
DJ Vinyl Ritchie
BANNED

Are you complaining that I'm not around that much then Brian?

DJ Vinyl Ritchie.........Will make more of an effort from now on
Old 11 March 2007, 11:36 AM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

dont forget terry himself said;

"The veteran broadcaster said: "I would quite happily do it for nothing."
The 68-year-old added that he had "never asked for a fee" for fronting the marathon appeal, which raised more than £18m on the night last November"

Like him or not the choice of him seems to do the job, the anger here should be directed at the BBC? and the money does not come from the money raised, all charities have to pay folk somehow. perhaps the negative publicity will reward comic relief with Terry donating his fee to the charity on the night, if someone does not start a petition to the prime minister first, or some clever Pr agent advises Terry in this way. you heard it here first!
Old 11 March 2007, 12:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Yes, but if he would quite happily do it for nothing why doesn't he? No one is forcing him to accept the fee. More like he would quite happily do it for nothing now the fact that he gets paid has become public knowledge. Sorry, but it is all rather saddening. Wouldn't be so bad if our taxes (for that is what the TV licence is) didn't pay his already vastly over inflated salary and of course this 'fee'.
Old 11 March 2007, 12:54 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

1/ As far as I am aware Terry Wogan has never been involved with the presenting of Comic Relief.

2/ The money paid to him for presenting Children in Need comes form the BBC's programming budget, not the money raised on the night.

3/ If he wasn't paid for presenting it I would imagine that would make him the only person involved in creating the programme that wasn't being paid. Do people really believe the production staff, the cameramen, or anybody else involved in bringing it to the screen do it free of charge

4/ As has been stated by both the BBC and Terry Wogan's representatives, he has never asked for a fee, the figure has merely been allocated by the BBC's budgeting department, probably for accounting purposes, i.e; maybe they can't show that they've made a programme unless they've payed a presenter

5/ If you take into account the considerable amount of his own time that he gives up throughout the year accompanying the winners of the numerous auctions held in the run up to CIN night (not to mention all the other charity work he does in the course of a year) I think you'll find that it more than outweighs the paltry (by TV standards) £9k he is paid on the night.

Maybe people need to take a step back and look at the Daily Mail's motives for publishing this story in the first place, there is the distinct aroma of sour grapes about it to me
Old 11 March 2007, 01:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
3/ If he wasn't paid for presenting it I would imagine that would make him the only person involved in creating the programme that wasn't being paid. Do people really believe the production staff, the cameramen, or anybody else involved in bringing it to the screen do it free of charge
Yes, but the camera crew etc. aren't on an annual salary of £800K are they? They also aren't constantly begging for our money for the poor little childern while the smug Irish git is pocketing £9K for an evening's 'work'.

4/ As has been stated by both the BBC and Terry Wogan's representatives, he has never asked for a fee, the figure has merely been allocated by the BBC's budgeting department, probably for accounting purposes, i.e; maybe they can't show that they've made a programme unless they've payed a presenter
Exactly so no one is forcing him to take it then are they, but presumably he still does.

5/ If you take into account the considerable amount of his own time that he gives up throughout the year accompanying the winners of the numerous auctions held in the run up to CIN night (not to mention all the other charity work he does in the course of a year) I think you'll find that it more than outweighs the paltry (by TV standards) £9k he is paid on the night.
Er.... it's charity work and for a man on such a large salary he should either do it out of the goodness of his heart or not at all in my opinion.

Last edited by f1_fan; 11 March 2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11 March 2007, 06:22 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Also bear in mind the story was reported by the BBC itself too.
Old 12 March 2007, 04:57 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yes, but the camera crew etc. aren't on an annual salary of £800K are they? They also aren't constantly begging for our money for the poor little childern while the smug Irish git is pocketing £9K for an evening's 'work'.
Agreed, but the camera crews are probably paid overtime rate comensurate with their salary level for the extended duration of the broadcast. That their salary is less than Wogan's is not the issue, after all we live in a free market economy (just about, but that's a whole other thread). As to the 'constantly begging' charge, the fact that the production staff choose to work on the CIN show IMO makes them willing accomplices

Exactly so no one is forcing him to take it then are they, but presumably he still does.
How do we actually know that he keeps it, how much he personally gives to any charitable concern is between him, his accountant and the inland revenue.

Er.... it's charity work and for a man on such a large salary he should either do it out of the goodness of his heart or not at all in my opinion.
Why should the size of a person's salary determine how much, or how little, charity work that person does