Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

who and how do i make a complaint against an ISP

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2007, 09:05 PM
Albert47
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who and how do i make a complaint against an ISP

My (future) father in law has recently changed ISP'S.

He was originally with Orange Broadband and has now attempted to chance to the new Sky Broadband. There was no problems with Orange, just Sky offered a better deal, 16meg BB + TV. This was 3 & 1/2 months ago. It has being one big problem from the start. In total he has been without Broadband for 3 & 1/2 months.

He has wrote numerous letters, he has made numerous phone calls, wasting a lot of his time and money. From these letters and phone calls he has recieved only one responce in 3 & 1/2 months. It was a letter saying that his line could not handle 16 meg BB. So he wrote a letter back asking them to change it to 8meg or to whatever his line could handle.

To date he has recieved nothing back!!!!

He has called up another ISP, they said they will help, but can't because Sky have put a marker on the line. They also said he needs a MAC code.

So he called up last week and asked for a M.A.C Code. so he could change ISP's. Sky said it would be there in 5 days. This was 10 days ago and another 5 calls, still nothing!!!!!

We need to make a complaint to someone higher than SKY.

Where do i go and who do i go to??? Ive been told to go to OFCOM or something like that. Sky have not signed up there policy, So who have they signed with??

Any advice!

Thanks in advance

Adam
Old 04 March 2007, 09:16 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try ofcom... here's their website although they seem to do most of their business over the phone. Advice for Consumers | Ofcom

Also try speaking with your local trading standards. I've found them very useful in the past.