Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police Officer Loses Both legs after wrapping His Subaru Impreza Around a Tree

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2007, 08:00 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Police Officer Loses Both legs after wrapping His Subaru Impreza Around a Tree

Happened in Bedfordshire last week His was the only vehilce involved!!!
Cheers
Colin
Old 06 February 2007, 08:09 PM
Old Farquar
Scooby Regular

Here's the story from Luton Today. Off duty as well.
Old 06 February 2007, 08:13 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

didnt hear about that, quite surprised as its only up the road...i know that stretch quite well and it can catch you out if youre not ready for it...quite deceptive...
Old 06 February 2007, 08:33 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

dreadful. I hope its no one off here
Old 06 February 2007, 08:41 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Questions to be asked????

Was it his car or a police car?
Was he so called "testing it to see what it could do"

Either way it looks as though speed and carelessness was probably the cause! Not a good example to set
Old 06 February 2007, 09:00 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5SCOTT

Either way it looks as though speed and carelessness was probably the cause! Not a good example to set
you callous b'stard. Even without having any knowledge of the circumstances you still come out with a sweeping statement like that....

Well I hope you lose both your legs next time you.... oh no sorry I bet you never ever speed or lose concentration for a second.

Old 06 February 2007, 09:13 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Your a nice person then, mind you, you are from Birmingham.

Is it because its a subaru driver you feel the need to defend!

I'm sorry, but to wrap a car around a tree with no other cars involved to the extent that you have to have legs amputated, speed or wreckless driving must have been a cause. Funny thing that, as its all that the police would like you to believe, but because its a policeman we are all supposed to think that its just another accident. Lets just see what other information comes of the accident before we all start licking or kicking ***!
Old 06 February 2007, 09:15 PM
2000 sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brumdaisy
you callous b'stard. Even without having any knowledge of the circumstances you still come out with a sweeping statement like that....

Well I hope you lose both your legs next time you.... oh no sorry I bet you never ever speed or lose concentration for a second.

can't agree more !
Old 06 February 2007, 09:23 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Your a nice person then, mind you, you are from Birmingham.

Is it because its a subaru driver you feel the need to defend!

I'm sorry, but to wrap a car around a tree with no other cars involved to the extent that you have to have legs amputated, speed or wreckless driving must have been a cause. Funny thing that, as its all that the police would like you to believe, but because its a policeman we are all supposed to think that its just another accident. Lets just see what other information comes of the accident before we all start licking or kicking ***!
pity you already started.
I take it that not only are you an expert on car crashes that you know nothing of, but you are also an expert of the people of Birmingham. Mummy and Daddy must be very proud

Im no expert on car crashes, no doubt you are, but bearing in mind a car can kill at 40 I doubt it takes even the speed limit to cause that kind of horrific injury.

Even if he was speeding, nearly all of us do it some times. Maybe he lost control, maybe a squirrel dashed across the road. So what if he is a policeman, he's also human and allowed to make mistakes.

You just dont get it do you - it can happen to anyone, including YOU.
Old 06 February 2007, 09:23 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

If you speed then you deserve everything you get...dont care if your a Cop, Prime Minister or the pope
Old 06 February 2007, 09:26 PM
Seamaster
BANNED

Maybe he was trying to chase a Boxster !!!!!

Big speed + big damage
Old 06 February 2007, 09:47 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

pity you already started.
I take it that not only are you an expert on car crashes that you know nothing of, but you are also an expert of the people of Birmingham. Mummy and Daddy must be very proud

Im no expert on car crashes, no doubt you are, but bearing in mind a car can kill at 40 I doubt it takes even the speed limit to cause that kind of horrific injury.

Even if he was speeding, nearly all of us do it some times. Maybe he lost control, maybe a squirrel dashed across the road. So what if he is a policeman, he's also human and allowed to make mistakes.

You just dont get it do you - it can happen to anyone, including YOU.

I don't think you get it do you

Yes you a correct, a car can kill at 30......... if you've been hit by one!

Yes i do speed from time to time but don't you find it ironic. Thats why the questions were asked in my original post. If he was a traffic cop, i'm assuming he would be fully aware of what he was doing (either speeding or not, he would have been aware because they are better trained drivers). Just because its a policeman people feel the need to defend (like the amount of traffic cops that get let off with their speeding offences) I think its one rule for one another for another.

Thats why the questions were asked?

Lets say i put up a post like:

BMW driver crashes into tree, no other cars involved but tragically there was a cyclist between the tree and the car. BMW and cyclists un-reconiseable but driver walks away.....
Old 06 February 2007, 09:55 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read the article. Where's the evidence to say he was speeding or driving recklessly? Do you guys have access to other info we are not privy to or are you defaming/libelling an accident victim on a public forum?

WB
Old 06 February 2007, 10:00 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I think what Scott is trying to say is that if this was an ordinary joe, you could well find people have quite a different view on the accident, verging perhaps on the "served him right" type of response (and no I am not saying that I've not read the article I'm just making a point). As it's a copper involved then the viewpoint is changed slightly, in fact, thinking about it, I'm surprised some of the police haters haven't popped up to say "good" or something similar.

I think the other point here is that if the accident occurred due to anything outside the drivers control, and one could include swerving to avoid an obstacle, then if the chap was a traffic copper then he should be perhaps more alert than other drivers as he's had advanced training, etc... Thus if he was speeding or driving carelessly then he should have known better being that he has a driving skill (perceived or actual) above that of a normal driver.
Old 06 February 2007, 10:00 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Cars don't just jump off the road and wrap themselves around trees!!!

If this was a thread about a 21-22 year old in an Impreza it would be 3 pages long by now with people saying he was driving stupidly.
Old 06 February 2007, 10:04 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

sorry to say your a dick.........

somebody loses their legs no matter what the circumstances and your saying 'not a good example to set'

why dont you ring up his family and say that. so speed and carelessness may have been the cause but no-one on here can say they have never been careless at some point in their life. It only takes a second.

Lets hope its not you next and some idiot comes on here to slag you off
Old 06 February 2007, 10:07 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

For gods sake people accidents can happen - many years ago I flew off the road into a field at 40 mph - load of diesel had been spilled......

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and think about him and his family for a moment...........
Old 06 February 2007, 10:07 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

It makes no difference to me whether he is a copper or not. Even if it was a 21year old chav who'd stolen it, it would be a horrific price to pay....

honestly RB5SCOTT you're as good at making assumptions about my motivations as you are assuming what happened in the crash when you have no information whatsoever.

Oh and repeating what I say, well its very flattering and all but Id rather you spent your energy getting your facts straight
Old 06 February 2007, 10:08 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SivMY05Sti
For gods sake people accidents can happen - many years ago I flew off the road into a field at 40 mph - load of diesel had been spilled......

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and think about him and his family for a moment...........
my point exactly...well put
Old 06 February 2007, 10:08 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

I was only asking questions, Thank god the more intelligent people on here can see where i'm coming from
Old 06 February 2007, 10:11 PM
homer@duff
Scooby Newbie

Either way it looks as though speed and carelessness was probably the cause!
Old 06 February 2007, 10:12 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I find that the news report was written in quite a different manner to what I usually see with these types of inccidents involving members of the public crashing cars which appear to be their own fault.

Interesting to note if was it intentional or not.

However, it's a perfect case and example that an Impreza is not good in the twisties, so don't drive thinking that it is. Like anything has its limits and beyond those limits its a very lethal car, its also not the most crash-worthy of cars either.

Keep that in mind next time you fiddle with your dump valve, fit another Defi guage, keeping one eyeball fixated on a cocklink whilst driving and repeat the **** oil change procedure aloud like its some satanic verse.
Old 06 February 2007, 10:12 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

As was said to me 8 years ago in basic training, if you do anything stupid the first thing that will be brought up is the fact that you are a police officer, regardless if its relevant or not. Very true is that.
Old 06 February 2007, 10:14 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
As was said to me 8 years ago in basic training, if you do anything stupid the first thing that will be brought up is the fact that you are a police officer, regardless if its relevant or not. Very true is that.
amazing the same was said to me 11 years ago.. i see things never change
Old 06 February 2007, 10:14 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

It makes no difference to me whether he is a copper or not. Even if it was a 21year old chav who'd stolen it, it would be a horrific price to pay....

honestly RB5SCOTT you're as good at making assumptions about my motivations as you are assuming what happened in the crash when you have no information whatsoever.

Oh and repeating what I say, well its very flattering and all but Id rather you spent your energy getting your facts straight

Repeating or quoting, same thing

Have you hit a tree at 30???.......I have, being driven by a mate that was being a total pratt left the road at 40 mph probably doing around 30mph when a tree slamed into my door... guess what? i climbed out of his side a walked home. I would estimate that this policeman may have been going a fair bit quicker.
Old 06 February 2007, 10:21 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Thank god the more intelligent people on here can see where i'm coming from
WTF????? no one else is you pleb

Have you hit a tree at 30???.......I have, being driven by a mate that was being a total pratt left the road at 40 mph probably doing around 30mph when a tree slamed into my door... guess what? i climbed out of his side a walked home. I would estimate that this policeman may have been going a fair bit quicker.
I think u'll find the national speed limit is a tad higher than 40 you utter moron
Old 06 February 2007, 10:32 PM
Seamaster
BANNED

Originally Posted by wacky.banana
Just read the article. Where's the evidence to say he was speeding or driving recklessly? Do you guys have access to other info we are not privy to or are you defaming/libelling an accident victim on a public forum?

WB

This is scoobynet. facts are not required
Old 06 February 2007, 10:34 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Seamaster
This is scoobynet. facts are not required
point well made
Old 06 February 2007, 10:37 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

FFS ! Makes no difference what the poor bloke's job was - there but for the grace of God we go !!
Old 06 February 2007, 10:38 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Damp patch, spillage, puncture or any manner of mechanical fault, to speculate without the facts is moronic at best.

Quick Reply: Police Officer Loses Both legs after wrapping His Subaru Impreza Around a Tree