Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

David Cameron

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2007, 10:09 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up David Cameron

He may be a little, um, green in his outlook, but fair play to the man - he doesn't seem to be worried about telling it like it is...

So some muslim groups are mirror images of the BNP - seeking to divide Britain into "us" and "them" are they?

Um, yes they are. And well done for saying it.

I just hope there's a country left for him to take over when we finally get rid of the current clowns...

SB
Old 29 January 2007, 10:12 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yup. good for him. difficult to say in today's climate. white racists do not have a monopoly on bigotry.

it's alright. you really can say that the emperor has no clothes.
Old 30 January 2007, 12:00 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Generally he seems to simply go along with the most recent "Focus Group".
Fair play to him re the above though !
Old 30 January 2007, 08:15 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

That comment in the context it was meant was spot on. Nothing controversial just a fact that any extreme group seperate themselves and their potential members from main society.
For a lefty battling on the centre left pinhead of politics with the other 2 leaders, its a strong statement and one for which he should be applauded
Old 30 January 2007, 08:47 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Applauded for this ,agreed.

But some may still say he is a weak,green,snivelling,grovelling,pathetic,personal ity devoid,wet,spineless,policyless excuse for an opposition leader and remain slightly disappointed in his general day to day 'work'.

Aren't there any tough nuts out there who can change the face of politics and offer a decent alternative? Anyone at all?
Old 30 January 2007, 08:55 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I had to admit to a chuckle when he decided he was going to help oppressed Muslim women:

Then he called it a "crusade" and promptly alienated them all again

He's about as in touch with NORMAL people as Bliar, but Cameron is a "hooray Henry" to boot

Alcazar
Old 30 January 2007, 08:56 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by lozgti
Applauded for this ,agreed.

But some may still say he is a weak,green,snivelling,grovelling,pathetic,personal ity devoid,wet,spineless,policyless excuse for an opposition leader and remain slightly disappointed in his general day to day 'work'.

Aren't there any tough nuts out there who can change the face of politics and offer a decent alternative? Anyone at all?
Whoah, hold on, guy. THAT'S what we all thought Bliar was going to be, and look what HE changed it to

Alcazar
Old 30 January 2007, 09:10 AM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Whoah, hold on, guy. THAT'S what we all thought Bliar was going to be, and look what HE changed it to

Alcazar

overly harsh but granted. one hopes that cameron has learned that it is impossible for a politician to be all things to all people all of the time and still be an effective, conviction-led leader. after all, the evidence of blair's ultimate failure is there for all to see. to ignore it ... well, no-one's that's dense are they? or are they?

not to learn from it (& not to dump the bloody focus group obsession - politics is not advertising and there is no corollary between the two and never was) would be the ultimate betrayal with truly devastating consequences for politics as a whole. the electorate will not tolerate a blair sequel hard on the heels of the first.

me? i'm sceptically hopeful that he has learned from blair's utter botch job of being a PM. but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. and that makes me nervous.
Old 30 January 2007, 09:34 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Conviction-led leader As we're mentioning Bliar in the same paragraph that's possibly the most appropriate term I've heard today

Fair comments, and as I've said in the past I think Cameron is a little too touchy feely for my liking, but the Tries must have learned from the current fiasco, surely. No, I'm confident that we'll get something better and brighter after the next election.

And anyway, what's wrong with being well spoken and from the home counties? At least he's honest about it and doesn't surround himself with strong regional accents to make him seem like a man of the people... Seems you have to be a northerner (or, better yet, Scots or Welsh) to get anywhere in the current government

SB
Old 30 January 2007, 09:43 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

I'm just disappointed.

Certain people come across as leaders.Mr Cameron just doesn't seem to have it.I have to reluctantly admit that Blair had that 'something'.
Old 30 January 2007, 09:45 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Holy Ghost
politics is not advertising
A lot of people, including 650-odd MPs, would probably disagree with you here!!
Old 30 January 2007, 10:31 AM
penfold118
Scooby Regular

He is live on talksport now ish ( not 100 % sure of time ) talksport there is a link to listen to the show top left
Old 30 January 2007, 12:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't it be good if just for once we had a leader who was able to speak up for his own beliefs instead of dealing out the latest focus group stuff designed to appeal to everyone and meaning very little.

How refreshing it would be to have someone who would just tell the country the actual truth about it all! I reckon he would swing the country behind him in a blink of the eye.

We just need a strong and honest leader again.

Les