Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I pod help

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2007, 06:55 PM
scoobyscott
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I pod help

I have just purchased a new laptop. Im trying to update the itunes7 i have just installed with the songs on my ipod. I have approved the itunes through the store.Still cant seem to import the songs. Anyone any ideas on how this can be done?

Thanks in advance
Old 29 January 2007, 07:01 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Digital Rights Management

I don't know how to solve your problem, sorry. I just would never submit to having music that I have paid for locked away in such an unfriendly manner. Consider something other than itunes is the best future option. That is once you have manged to get someone else to help you get your music collection back, and then export it to something none DRM protected.
Old 29 January 2007, 07:32 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Are the songs you want on your ipod ? or are then on itunes and your trying to get them on your ipod ?
Old 29 January 2007, 08:21 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are trying to move the songs from the iPod to the Laptop? If so then you cannot do it, regardless of how they were put on the iPod. iTunes only allows you to copy music to your iPod and not from it. The idea being to prevent you popping in your mates iPod and copying over all their music.

You can get third party applications, such as anapod, which will allow you to copy the songs from the iPod onto the computer/into iTunes.

There is a way to get round the Apple FairPlay DRM. Make sure you are authorised to play the songs, then use iTunes to burn an Audio CD (you will need to change the burn options in advance to Audio CD, it cannot be MP3 or any other option as iTunes will complain it cannot convert the files) of the the selected DRM encoded files. Then you can reimport the files as, for example, mp3 files (depends on what your import options in iTunes are set to). These imported files will not be DRM encoded.

You cannot, unfortunately just use the "convert" option in iTunes, as mentioned above it's designed to prevent you from doing this, but it won't stop you burning the songs to CD, as that would be considered a backup.

The reason for using a CD-RW is that you can, once you have done one CD's worth of songs, erase the cd, then do it all again until all your music is converted.