Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sweet Sixteen - BBC3 Now

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2007, 09:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sweet Sixteen - BBC3 Now

This will get you going ... an insight into todays teens!!

9 - 10pm

"Five-part documentary series which follows the lives of teenagers in north London as they approach the end of their school days and the beginning of adult life. A livid and pregnant Chelsea shouts down the phone at her boyfriend, but can't quite bring herself to give up the boy who has become another girl's babyfather. Her best friend Tasha is losing patience with her own doting admirer"

This is the worlds future ................ god help us!!
Old 21 January 2007, 09:32 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

must.....not.....mention......new......labour..... ..
Old 21 January 2007, 10:15 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
This will get you going ... !!
(in a Ross Noble voice) What are you saying like lewis man, ya pervert.. it might get you goin, you senile old fart... but leave the rest of us out of it....
Old 21 January 2007, 10:45 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Oh so these would be the generation that went through school under NL!!

I bet your realy proud Pete,

Even his deputy is having a pop now

teflon.. dead man walking!!!

Mart
Old 21 January 2007, 10:56 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Oh so these would be the generation that went through school under NL!!

I bet your realy proud Pete,

Even his deputy is having a pop now

teflon.. dead man walking!!!

Mart
You said that you had put me on your IGNORE list!!!

You lied!!! Please put me on ignore you bunny boiler!!!
Old 21 January 2007, 10:59 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

You said that you had put me on your IGNORE list!!!

You lied!!! Please put me on ignore you bunny boiler!!!

Just like Unclebuck did

Mart,is there ANYTHING thats not New Labours fault. You seem to have a fixation on blaming TB for absolutely everything that happens in the world. Very odd?
Old 21 January 2007, 11:11 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by paulr
Just like Unclebuck did
No I didn't you poof Show me the post...

(that'll keep him occupied for an hour or two)
Old 21 January 2007, 11:14 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Just like Unclebuck did

Mart,is there ANYTHING thats not New Labours fault. You seem to have a fixation on blaming TB for absolutely everything that happens in the world. Very odd?
Not really, I did very well under the last tory government, only to watch everything i worked for get raped, pillaged, and taken away under the guise of looking after the right sector of society,

When i challanged it, was told "tough" you voted him in... "i did not"!!!!

so for 2 years i was out of pocket, whilst the people who didnt need all the extra cash got more and more!!! and when finally it was addressed. guess what it was so stacked the other way i was worse off.

I havent benefitted one jot under NL, yet every chavy, warped, white elepant scheme you can think of has had a blank cheque given to it!!!

Mart :
Old 21 January 2007, 11:21 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Not really, I did very well under the last tory government, only to watch everything i worked for get raped, pillaged, and taken away under the guise of looking after the right sector of society
How so? Serious question, please elaborate. No axe to grind either way, just you see this sort of comment written all the time in here and I have lived, worked and paid a mortgage under both governments, seems to me that they were both much of a muchness in terms of what you gained/lost under either of them.
Old 21 January 2007, 11:52 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Got divorced. kiss goodbye to one house...

got some support with looking after shortstop, some very handy tax breaks...
given that i was paying out bigtime for travelcosts... etc... then NL came along..
And another job down the pan due to cutbacks... support from the system? erm no, ... go away & get your parents to support you... (wtf)

Tried again.

Oh you have a child, we may be able to help.... erm no, your not a single mother, drug adddict or socially disfranchised... we can put you on a waiting list... avarage time to house 14 weeks.......

Got a job, actually 2 jobs, to earn enough!! ... and started to rebuild things..

And the tax breaks... wiped out... you dont need that money...... give it back.... the ex partner who earns more than you, has a house, & 3 lots of state support needs more (wtf)...

and what about me, I now have sod all.... tough you voted him in.... the new system will be in place in 2 years!! ..

2 years on, no council help. more needy people you see!!! where am i on the list.. number 50 ....where was i on the list 2 years before.... number 40...

I was remarried and had another one beore the council worked out they hadnt got a hope in hell of getting me a place!!!..

my savings were gone, my tax breaks were shot to sH8t, my pensions were hardly worth f*ck all, not worth even trying to move them all into one, it would all go in fees... so two pensions are effectivly worth jack S...

as i said NL destest them with a passion

mart
Old 22 January 2007, 02:06 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Thanks for such an honest reply.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that Mart and I can see given your circumstances how things certainly haven't worked out for you with this government.

You know what though and please don't think I am just saying this, but I can remember a couple of friends of mine going through similar traumas albeit regarding different aspects of their situations in the 80s under Maggie.

Sadly Mart I don't think there has been a UK government truly interested in helping anyone but themselves for a very long time and while I hope whoever gets voted in next will be different sadly I think that unlikely to be the case and that to me is the real problem. What we have is bad, but what comes next will just be more of the same I fear.

Thanks again for you reply.
Old 22 January 2007, 08:59 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

So?

Mart wants a council house??

WELL HE WOULD HAVE ONE IF THE TORIES DIDNT SELL THEM ALL FOR HALF PRICE!!

Get off your **** and do something for yourself instead of blubbing that you are not given any hand-outs ..... you are clearly too wealthy for hand-outs!

It is NOT NL fault that your wife divorced you - I would friggin divorce you too - you sound a proper charlie!!
Old 22 January 2007, 09:51 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

This programme has been on MTV for months. Get with it Pete!
Old 22 January 2007, 10:04 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

So?

Most of the people who've got rich from council houses seemed to have bought them under NL.
Old 22 January 2007, 10:20 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Most of the people who've got rich from council houses seemed to have bought them under NL.
Correction: most of the people who've got rich from council houses seem to have SOLD them under NL.

It was Maggie's idea to sell off the council housing which in the short term worked well, but sadly reduced the amount of council housing available in the longer term. Still when did long termism ever play a part in recent political history?
Old 22 January 2007, 12:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Lot of what you say is reasonably close to the truth f1 fan, but the really bad thing that has happened is that this country has been dragged down into the gutter by NL. Moral standards have evaporated generally, so many now feel that they have to put one across others rather than dealing in a fair and honest fashion, criminality pays since punishments dont mean anything anymore and there is longer any sense of shame when these criminals are caught out. Marriage is no longer treated as the honourable way to bring up a family and the results of that are very obvious in the behaviour of so many young children and teenagers these days. This country is becoming more seriously affected by lawless behaviour and I personally fear for the future.

All this has been presided over by a government which has actually encouraged all the above by its own personal example set by its ministers and spin (lying) merchants as well as its dreadful policies and the acceptance of the rubbish we get from the Eu. Now there is a really corrupt organisation! Benefits have been slanted also to affect the attitudes of so many and has exacerbated the state of moral turpitude which we see so much of.

Apart from the Iraq disaster, which needs no amplification, this is why I feel as I do towards the incompetent and untrustworthy bunch of self seeking louts who are in charge.

They have taken this country so far towards complete ruination and I don't see anyone who is likely to reverse that trend at the moment.

Les
Old 22 January 2007, 12:24 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
They have taken this country so far towards complete ruination and I don't see anyone who is likely to reverse that trend at the moment.

Les
You know what Les, that is the most worrying thing about all of this for me. It's not like we have a party waiting in the wings that look like they are even prepared to admit there is a huge problem let alone attempt to do anything about it.

Very worrying really.
Old 22 January 2007, 01:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I think it would have happened in any case ........

This dis-respect was hatched in the Tory 'GRAB, GRAB, GRAB' years under Maggie Thatcher ....

Never in the history of this country did we see such greed, such jealousy, such I'm ok jack attitude .....

We are now paying the price for those years.

Last edited by pslewis; 22 January 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 22 January 2007, 07:16 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

So?

Get off your **** and do something for yourself instead of blubbing that you are not given any hand-outs ..... you are clearly too wealthy for hand-outs!

It is NOT NL fault that your wife divorced you - I would friggin divorce you too - you sound a proper charlie!!
You really are a dopey **** lewis...

I was homeless you w*nker... and had a little one to care for at the weekends... if it wasn't for my mum, i,d have been living rough it with a 2 year old!!! I wasn't after a hand out, i was after somewhere to live and bring up my son, is that too much to ask, given that i'd worked all my life without claiming any form of other benefits!!!...

As i said, if i,s have been female, single, drug addict or socially disfranchised, theyd have given me a place on the spot..

Oh and for the record, i divorced my wife!!!...

Mart
Old 22 January 2007, 07:20 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I think it would have happened in any case ........

This dis-respect was hatched in the Tory 'GRAB, GRAB, GRAB' years under Maggie Thatcher ....

Never in the history of this country did we see such greed, such jealousy, such I'm ok jack attitude .....

We are now paying the price for those years.
It was hell of a lot better than 3 day weeks and the winter of discontent!!!!

At least i,m all right jack gave people the opportunity to work to improve themselves, today its if a can t have it i'll nick it, and if i get caught, i'll be out by lunchtime cos thats the way it is innit!

Mart
Old 22 January 2007, 07:31 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Stop being a **** Pete: now there is a task for you.
Old 22 January 2007, 09:35 PM
sociophobe
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

OK lewpiss, we all know that you're a sad 40 something bedroom potato, fake photographer, lame gamer, hilarious heli pilot, alsation sucking sensation seeker and engerland champion pro w@nker, but hey, feel free to bump the nuclear rocket scientist mode a bit more, it's certainly more convincing than everything else you sh¬!te out these days
Old 22 January 2007, 09:37 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GC8
Stop being a **** Pete: now there is a task for you.
Old 22 January 2007, 10:50 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Look at you all .... sad losers, wanting hand-outs
Old 22 January 2007, 10:53 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I watched this tonight with the turkish "celeb" the boy didnt have a clue
Old 23 January 2007, 09:35 AM
///\oo/\\\
Scooby Regular

Location: Infractions - Scoobynet's version of the "scamera" van

Look at you all .... sad losers, wanting hand-outs
I agree with them Pete, and I'm no "sad loser wanting a hand out".

Maggie sent the armed forces to the Falklands and showed she cared for those killed and injured.

Tony sends the armed forces to Iraq, to fight someone elses war, and doesn't appear to give a toss, to the extent of saying "hey, its not my fault, don't blame me"

Political views aside for one moment, Blair, the gutless wonder, isn't even one tenth of the person that Thatcher was.

By all means continue to support him and his "crew". It just shows what kind of person you really are.

So the question is, Pete, are you really that kind of person, or do you have some decency in you?