Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What is the hottes, most minging chilli sauce that you have sampled?

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2007, 05:01 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool What is the hottes, most minging chilli sauce that you have sampled?

There's a debate going on with a bunch of mates at the moment but I reckon 'Da Bomb' is still ahead of 'Blair's Jersey Death' in spite of the latter's claim to a higher Scoville rating as well as being 750 times hotter than a Habanero pepper!!

'Da Bomb' rocks in my opinion. One teaspoon in 4lb of mince to make a proper bloke's chilli will still have your @rse like the back end of the Batmobile.

'Blair's 3 a.m.' sauce is supposed to be 1,000,000 Scovilles but at £29 a bottle, I'll wait for a dinner invitation.

Cheers
Kav
Old 18 January 2007, 05:04 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Sun Online - News: Chilli sauce is real killer

Diners must sign a disclaimer recommending “protective gloves and eye wear” — but even sweating testers in safety gear were blinded by tears for 30 minutes
Old 18 January 2007, 05:28 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Red face

£105 a bottle!! I'll definitely be waiting for a dinner invitation. That sounds like one hot *****.

Cheers
Kav
Old 18 January 2007, 05:30 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I had a £12 bottle once and that felt like I was melting from the inside so **** knows what that stuff tastes like
Old 18 January 2007, 07:45 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

I use cool chile co's habenero sauce

it's not as hot probably as some of the stuff talked about here, but the morning after the meal before I had first tried it, I had to use Sudocreme to ease the heat if you know what I mean
Old 18 January 2007, 07:51 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Old 18 January 2007, 07:53 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Here you go, hot chilli sauce ranked by heat!

Chilli Ranking

(sounds like a good title for some reggae!)
Old 18 January 2007, 07:57 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

16,000,000 Blair's 16 Million Reserve, from Gardner Resources, Inc.
16,000,000 Blair's 6 A.M., from Gardner Resources, Inc.
5,300,000 Police grade Pepper spray

damn, I know what I'm taking to town this Saturday

anyone plays the fool... eat chilli bitch...
Old 18 January 2007, 07:57 PM
gatty
Scooby Regular

west indian scotch bonnet sauce.......is there any hotter?
Old 18 January 2007, 07:58 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Daves insanity sauce. The hotest thing that has ever passed my lips - even a dab on the end of the finger will have you under the sink for half an hour.
Old 18 January 2007, 07:58 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Just noticed

"5,300,000 Police grade Pepper spray"

The number on the left is the Scoville rating - that is ten times hotter than the hottest chilli in the world which should not be handled with naked skin!
Old 18 January 2007, 08:04 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Cool

What is the hottes, most minging chilli sauce that you have sampled?
New Orleans provides a huge variety. There are loads of stores (shops) there that sell nothing else but Chilli Sauces.
Old 18 January 2007, 10:06 PM
flakey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Daves insanity sauce. The hotest thing that has ever passed my lips - even a dab on the end of the finger will have you under the sink for half an hour.
Tried this sauce myself by doing the same thing, never again
It makes you cough just smelling it, seriously hot
Old 18 January 2007, 10:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made my own, 1llb of Habanero chilles, 1/4 llb of Scotch bonnet, lemon juice, some brown sugar, Worcester sauce all reduced down and its fantastic stuff, couldn't find a suitable bottle for it in the kitchen so I searched high and low round the house and found one so I got rid of the contents, washed it out and filled it up with the sauce.

Maybe using a Femfresh bottle, in hindsight, was a mistake....
Old 18 January 2007, 11:21 PM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by flakey
Tried this sauce myself by doing the same thing, never again
It makes you cough just smelling it, seriously hot
Bought some Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce when in Toronto. ******* hot, but got another bottle of really evil stuff at the same time. "TopCap/HotCap" or something it was called, and had to sign disclaimer to buy it (it was 2nd hottest in the restaurant, where they had about 100 chili sauces on sale) . It came with a pipette in the bottle, and one drop would turn a pan full of regular chili con carne into bloody evil hot chili! It had no taste (unlike the insanity sauce which I found quite nice!) - it was just heat. The scoville was about 5x the insanity sauce so I guess form the ratings about 2-3 million. Used to have competitions seeing putting a drop of both sauces on a small chunk of cheese and see who could get through the most!

Silly colleague at work asked me to bring some in many moons ago - put some on the pen lid of a manager who always bites his pens. Then he drove down the M3, and coz of his hayfever rubbed his eyes. He was sat on the hard shoulder unable to see for 30 minutes as the idiot hadn't washed his hands after handling the pen! Oh how we laughed

Mental stuff

Joolz

PS. Kept it under the sink with the bleach. Label of the hot sauce said it was good for cleaning driveways (or was that the insanity sauce?!)
Old 18 January 2007, 11:29 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Don't try this at home!

Not averse to a little experimentation, the author has found that fresh Scotch Bonnet peppers make for the very best "chilli" vodka. Chilled and drunk neat, this is one of the most exhilarating alcoholic beverages imaginable. Full of the fruitiness that make Scotch Bonnets so thoroughly irresistible, this is also the ideal "quick fix" for a pepper fiend: vodka is an efficient solvent for capsaicin, the "hot stuff" in hot peppers, so this method of "taking the peppers" inundates the tastebuds in a tiny fraction of a second. For the constitutionally nervous, this wonderful liquid can also be used as the basis of the perfect bloody mary (sorry, Tabasco!). Sadly not for sale, you'll have to make your own

Scotch Bonnet "Chilli" Vodka

A dubious reputation often precedes the drink, Chilli Vodka. When made with lesser chillies, this notoriety is often well deserved; however, when prepared from the noble Scotch Bonnet, the resulting "Chilli" Vodka takes on a unique character: rich-flavoured and full-bodied, with an all-encompassing warmth. Here's the ideal recipe:

1. Take around 6-8 ripe Scotch Bonnet peppers, and pull off their stalks and bracts, discarding them.

2.Gently tear the fruits apart, removing (and saving) the seeds. Don't cut them with a knife: this wastes valuable flavour!

3. Open a fresh bottle of export-strength (100 UK proof, 57% vol) vodka, and pour a small amount into a glass to make space in the bottle (don't drink it, yet).

4. Push the de-seeded husks through the neck of the bottle and into the remaining vodka.

5. Once the peppers are safely submerged, refill the bottle from the glass that you put aside earlier, leaving about 2cm of air in the neck of the bottle, and then cap it tightly.

6. Treat yourself to a quick slurp with whatever is left in the glass, and then place the bottle untouched in a cool dark cupboard.

7. Thoroughly wash your hands: if you've ever rubbed your eyes after handling Scotch Bonnets, you'll understand why. If you haven't, just take the author's word for it...

8. Leave the bottle for at least six weeks, by which time the liquor will have taken on a warm golden colour, and the pepper husks will have become pale.

9. Chill the bottle thoroughly, then open it and enjoy the best alcoholic beverage ever invented (apart, that is, from wine).
Old 19 January 2007, 05:49 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I draw the line at Blair's Possible Side Effects...

In fact I just can't get to grips with the flavour of their sauces. Think I'll stick to Dave's Reserve Insanity Sauce. A mere 85K Scovilles but you don't have to worry about an extra miniscule amount making something inedible.

Who Dares Burns in a cheese roll is good.... In a warming sort of way.

J.
Old 19 January 2007, 09:55 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Tried most of the Habenero based sauces but I have still yet to find any as hot as some of the meals I've had in Thailand. Not sure whether the heat and humidity adds to the distress, but I find them to be hotter.

As for Indian food, it doesn't even register as hot anymore.
Old 19 January 2007, 10:00 AM
Rage!
BANNED

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
I have a limited edition super-hot "special reserve" bottle of this a mate brought back from the states. Excellent fun stitching up the n00bs at barbeques!

Dave's Insanity Special Reserve
Old 19 January 2007, 10:03 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Make sure you wash your hands real good after,as the tiniest bit on your fingers when taking a pee can result in agony.
Old 19 January 2007, 09:29 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Make sure you wash your hands real good after,as the tiniest bit on your fingers when taking a pee can result in agony.
Or pleasure depending on your tastes
Old 19 January 2007, 09:40 PM
Seamaster
BANNED

suggest you dont scratch your bumb ! or go near your lady !!
Old 19 January 2007, 10:41 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Or pleasure depending on your tastes

Why who have you been talking too
Old 20 January 2007, 09:00 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jbryant
but got another bottle of really evil stuff at the same time. "TopCap/HotCap" or something it was called, and had to sign disclaimer to buy it (it was 2nd hottest in the restaurant, where they had about 100 chili sauces on sale) . It came with a pipette in the bottle, and one drop would turn a pan full of regular chili con carne into bloody evil hot chili!
That would be 'Pure Cap' at 500,000 scovilles. I had a bottle of that once and it's pretty mental stuff, we used to use it at work for wind-ups, and seeing who could take a drop on their tongue without turning into a screaming sobbing mess.

Great stuff.
Old 20 January 2007, 09:22 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

We use this quite often at work.
Just a couple of drops into a big big saucepan
Old 20 January 2007, 09:54 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

i made a jamaican curry for 5 using 3/4 of a scoth bonnet with no seeds and it was screaming hot.
Old 20 January 2007, 10:03 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

A regular "Dave's Insanity Sauce" user - For both food and comedy.

Still yet to find a hotter sauce and I'm a lifelong chilli sauce fan - It goes on everything!
Old 20 January 2007, 01:30 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Poor Guy
i made a jamaican curry for 5 using 3/4 of a scoth bonnet with no seeds and it was screaming hot.
I made a chili last week for 3 people, and put 4 scotch bonnets in it (blended up to release the full potential and flavour), you can probably guess what it was like.

Bloody lovely.
Old 20 January 2007, 01:40 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz
One teaspoon in 4lb of mince to make a proper bloke's chilli will still have your @rse like the back end of the Batmobile.

Old 20 January 2007, 06:36 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz
One teaspoon in 4lb of mince to make a proper bloke's chilli will still have your @rse like the back end of the Batmobile.
Coffee/monitor moment!!!

Dan

Quick Reply: What is the hottes, most minging chilli sauce that you have sampled?