WRC ......i like it

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2001, 10:46 AM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2p worth.

For:

Graphics are stunning, both terrain and environmental effects.
The stage are fantastic, I love the amount of elevation change they can get into a stage.
Car's sound awesome, the imprezza chattering away on asphalt brings tears to the eyes
Chance to win an EVO

Against:

The game is just too easy. I've played it for a day and only two rounds of the normal level left. I have not 'lost' a single stage. Hopefully the professional level will be (lots) harder.

Someone needs to shove a red hot poker up the codriver. Maybe that will make him read his pace notes at a reasonable speed. There is no point telling me about about a hairpin right as I enter the corner at 200km/h.

Also, I have noticed that the pace notes will occasionally miss a corner altogether.

Damage modeling is cack. I have run into a tree at 150km/h head on and carried on with no damage at all.

The stages are far too short. I remember playing CMR2 and having aching shoulders by the end of a stage. WRC stages are over in the blink of an eye.

Not enough stages. 5 stages per round. Who are they kidding ? And why don't you get to do the super special stages in the championship (I assume these are two player only, what a waste).

Car setup options are a joke. You NEVER need to change from the default options, so why give any options at all.

Ford Driver [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] 'nuff said, I thought these guys had the official WRC license.

Thanks for listening, time to get some more practice in so I can win my EVO

Andrew.

[Edited by AndrewW - 12/3/2001 10:48:12 AM]
Old 03 December 2001, 10:17 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Talking

Right.......i played the demo and was not impressed with the handling.......however......my mate bought it on Friday and came round.......and to my surprise, they have changed the handling.......its still not perfect.......but it is very playable once you get the controls set up right......and as for people complaining about the lack of speed, are you playing it on a zx spectrum or something......its nice and fast, any faster and it would be un-playable......i have played just about any game you can think of......and WRC is good, i really cant see why not many people like it??? Have you all got dud copies or something!!!!!
I really think its good.
Old 03 December 2001, 10:21 AM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Me too, i think its excellent

Trying to persuade someone who doesnt like it to sell me thier copy. (see a couple of threads down)
Old 03 December 2001, 11:24 AM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Agree with all the above