Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

hd ready?

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2007, 02:48 PM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hd ready?

I have been looking to get a new tv just for the playstation as the one i have is about 15 years old, i have a 32" in the lounge but i get sent to the box room when playing the ps2. I really need to buy a tv for the ps3, which really needs to be an HD TV.

I have been looking at the following online site, which has a number of TV's stating "HD Ready"

HANNSPREE XV32 32 LCD-TV - Misco.co.uk

i just wondered if it will work with HD immediately, or does the term HD ready mean it can do if etc.

if anyone has any other areas that i could look to buy a tv like this from then please let me know!

cheers,

andy
Old 16 January 2007, 03:31 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

From the specs it is a 720p set - so yes, it will handle a 1280X720 resolution picture - so yes, it will handle HD now. What it won't do is display 1080p, but will do 1080i in all probability. It also has HDMI which is nice, but I couldn't see any other inputs listed - Ideally you want to have SCART, component, VGA as well as HDMI.
Old 16 January 2007, 03:55 PM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

pete,

thanks for the reply, glad you told me that i think its best to go for one with the options you listed, as long term it will work out better.

Any ideas of the type of tv or somewhere to get one from?
Old 16 January 2007, 04:04 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ARM-Scooby
pete,

thanks for the reply, glad you told me that i think its best to go for one with the options you listed, as long term it will work out better.

Any ideas of the type of tv or somewhere to get one from?

What sort of budget do you have?

Things to look for on an LCD -
Contrast ratio - the higher the better (this means black will look black rather than dark grey)

Response time - The time it takes a pixel to go from black to white to black again - the lower the better.

Inputs as mentioned

Resolution - 1368X768 is fairly standard for a 720p set - 1080p sets will be 1920X1080 but will also be fa rmore expensive.

Buy a copy of this months "what hifi - Sound and vision" in the back it will have ratings for lots of sets, in a budget range you want.

Sites to look at

TVs,LCD,Plasma,Laptops,SatNav,TFT,Monitors,Printer s,Cameras,Gaming,PSP,Components
Sound and Vision Online
Old 16 January 2007, 04:21 PM
bobsabuilder
Scooby Regular

One of our tenants has just bought a 32" HD Ready LCD tv from the local Tesco's for just £399!

Looked ok from where I was stood and for that price it would make a good kids telly or second tv plus a whole lot cheaper than my 2 grand jobby.