Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Trial and Retribution - Part 2 last night

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2007, 10:10 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trial and Retribution - Part 2 last night

Can anyone tell me what happened in the end please ? The girl who was found dead in the basement. Who did it and why ?

I paused it on SKy+ just as it started and then after 45 mins we sat down to watch it. about half way into it it stopped and said no more data ! back up or select. Thats was it , just went back to normal TV which meant we missed the end. What a F#cking liberty !

So what happened in the end ?
Old 16 January 2007, 10:16 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

The eldest son (stepbrother) sort of did it, he was responsible for her falling down the first set of stairs after the daughter caught him 'knocking one out' in a pair of her knickers in her room.

The cleaners lad was going out with her but they where breaking up. She fell down the second set of stairs, disorientated and in a right state. The cleaners son went back to see her as he heard noises coming fromn the house. He was trying to help her but it all went wrong, she thought he was an attacker and fell down the second set of stairs into the basement

The cleaners son was convicted, the stepbrothers bit did not come out, his dad knew and hushed it up.

Was that all there was? that was the trial bit - where's the retribiution???

Quite enjoyed it except the split screen which IMHO did not work.

Thats it in a nutshell

Last edited by The Zohan; 16 January 2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 16 January 2007, 10:23 AM
ChrisB

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
The eldest son (stepbrother) sort of did it, he was responsible for her falling down the first set of stairs after the daughter caught him 'knocking one out' in a pair of her knickers in her room.

The cleaners lad was going out with her but they where breaking up and she fell down the second set of stairs - disorientated and in a right state when the cleaners son went back to see her as he heard noises coming fromn the house. He was trying to help her bit it all wnet wrong, she though he was an attacker and fell down the second set of stairs into the basement

The cleaners son was convicted, the stepbrothers bit did not come out, his dad knew and hushed it up.

Was that all thert was as that was the trial bit - wheres the retribiution???

Thats it in a nutshell
Agreed on the split screen bit, quite how you're meant to follow two different conversations at once, I'm not sure. A little too much style from the director.

I also though the ending was a bit odd given the title.
Old 16 January 2007, 10:24 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

The cleaners lad was going out with her but they where breaking up and she fell down the second set of stairs - disorientated and in a right state when the cleaners son went back to see her as he heard noises coming fromn the house. He was trying to help her bit it all wnet wrong, she though he was an attacker and fell down the second set of stairs into the basement

Was that all thert was as that was the trial bit - wheres the retribiution???

Thats it in a nutshell

Thanks, thats great. I thought it was the stepfather , can you also update on what happened to the cop'as son. The one that killed the swans.

Many thanks
Old 16 January 2007, 10:26 AM
ChrisB

He was going to be kept in a secure unit which his father described (IIRC) as a Victorian Nuthouse.

At one point during a meeting with a therapist, I think he was describing kicking a cat to death.
Old 16 January 2007, 10:27 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bateman
Thanks, thats great. I thought it was the stepfather , can you also update on what happened to the cop'as son. The one that killed the swans.

Many thanks

Mad as a bag of frogs, he is a serial killer in the making - he had therapy and whilst under hypnosis reveald how we tortured and murdered a neighbours cat. He was kept in - in secure accommodation undergoing treatment.
Old 16 January 2007, 10:32 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Mad as a bag of frogs, he is a serial killer in the making - he had therapy and whilst under hypnosis reveald how we tortured and murdered a neighbours cat. He was kept in - in secure accommodation undergoing treatment.

thanks again
Old 16 January 2007, 10:54 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

3 hours of my life wasted. Linda LaPlant makes money from these you know
The sub plot of the mental son was a pointless time filler. The blonde female cop was nice enough but too tall for anything except the high jump.
The culprit was apparant from the off, there was no retribution, in fact there was no murder
The gay lad from Hollyoaks was another time filling 10 minutes...
Sooo in 3 hours, some bird fell down some stairs and a lad who didnt do it went down for it... Oh and some other bird drove a mini on the wrong side of road, while another bird pulled the leaves of some plants in her garden, while some other bird was a cleaner and failed actress dontcha know

Dear God,
I write to you in the hope I can have back 3 hours of my life please... For thy is the power and the glory for ever and ever, amen.
Abdabz
Old 16 January 2007, 11:07 AM
Cool Chick
Scooby Regular

Also, I did not get the relevence of the son seeing that 'monster' when he tried to get into bed at his dad's house?? Was that something to do with the crazy man his Mum was with?

Or was it just another cause of him losing his marbles?!?
Old 16 January 2007, 11:17 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cool Chick
Also, I did not get the relevence of the son seeing that 'monster' when he tried to get into bed at his dad's house?? Was that something to do with the crazy man his Mum was with?

Or was it just another cause of him losing his marbles?!?
Those bits reminded me of 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' , I was thinking it was all mescaline induced.

Also the Blonde copper was a bit ott for my liking
Old 16 January 2007, 11:28 AM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

blonde cop (who learnt to act watching Pacino it seems) should have been stangled by the wacko swan killer....far more interesting sub plot.

as above really, no murder, no retribution (there was a trial, but it was over in 3 mins and the judge looked like a cleaner who had stumbled into procedings by mistake.
Old 16 January 2007, 12:10 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I enjoyed it myslef, some of these programmes can get a bit far fetched, alsoit made a nice change that they got the wrong person, there's nothing worse than knowing that they always solve it in the end.

The monster in the bed was a flash back to a previous Trial & Retribution and was I believe his mother's boyfriend that his father eventually killed. IIRC!
Old 16 January 2007, 12:15 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
I enjoyed it myslef, some of these programmes can get a bit far fetched, alsoit made a nice change that they got the wrong person, there's nothing worse than knowing that they always solve it in the end.

The monster in the bed was a flash back to a previous Trial & Retribution and was I believe his mother's boyfriend that his father eventually killed. IIRC!
I would hazzard a guess that the cop's son was abused in some way, the flashback of his when he got into bed suggests something went on.
Old 16 January 2007, 08:10 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abdabz
3 hours of my life wasted.
If you want to know if a program is worth watching, then here is a simple equation:

ITV = Cr*p.

Doesn't matter who wrote it or who's in it; if it's on ITV it will be rubbish. Ever since Channel 4 was created they've given up any pretence of trying to make TV for people with IQs in double figures or better. Even most of the bought-in films are cr*p.

M
Old 16 January 2007, 10:31 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Having watched both Waking the Dead on Sun / Mon , then both parts of T+R tonight, I'd say there was more entertainment and story value in T+R. Yes it was pretty predictable and yes, unless you have seen previous episodes, you'd be at a bit of a loss as to what certain parts of the story meant. But all in all, it was pretty good fare for mainstream TV.
I do get tired of seeing people refer to stuff as crap and slagging TV shows off. There is always the off button. No one is holding a gun to one's head and forcing one to view. There is certainly no call for rudeness.
After all, the genre is entertainment. That usually means "suspend belief" up to a point !
Yve